By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Wright made an assumption too. One fit for a noob of his status.
he assumed that town has the same pm as he does because he's town which is why he xounterclaimed you.
thats as clear as day.
you guys have made many leaps in logic to get to where you're standing when occams razor would simply say
"Wright is town with a different role pm"
Likely because he has a different role.
ones I can imagine:
Town survivor
A victory condition of killing the nuker only
A victory condition of killing the mafia only
Or
he simply misunderstood what the pm said.

Around the Network

Gonna apologise here.

I went too far with the PM stuff and came dangerously close to breaking the rules.

With that, Im sorry to all. Words of Wisdom and Smeags also.

No more PM talk

theprof00 said:
Wright made an assumption too. One fit for a noob of his status.
he assumed that town has the same pm as he does because he's town which is why he xounterclaimed you.
thats as clear as day.
you guys have made many leaps in logic to get to where you're standing when occams razor would simply say
"Wright is town with a different role pm"
Likely because he has a different role.
ones I can imagine:
Town survivor
A victory condition of killing the nuker only
A victory condition of killing the mafia only
Or
he simply misunderstood what the pm said.

remind me to bring up some points post game

Fuck fuck FUCK. Firefox keeps crashing. Lost all my work on my impressions, then tried to talk about the PM stuff and lost that too. I'm still here, just give me some time to process all of this.

so we have a little under 5 and a half hours.

prof seems to want to make a carl lynch happen. (i'm leaning more town on carl and scum with prof so I'm more against this)

we have what seems like the most likely outcome of the day with Nickle being lynched.

no one else has more than one vote.

as it has been said a few times nickle has made it so the doubt on him will never go away. considering he's an active player I'd rather the town lynch one of the more inactive suspects. The game gets boring much faster if the talkative players get eliminated. early.

Around the Network

@wink
im also for sparks and imp dont forget those two.

@imp
no thats not another angle, because logically, in order to say "if he were town"
You'd have to define the town pm. And you cannot, since IF you are town, then you only have YOUR pm, and not the entire context of possibilities in town pms.

It is very illogical to make the point your making, which is why I, having seen your play this far and felt it to be very strong, would have a problem with you making simple mistakes like this.

RRule 4
Wonk ALWAYS thinks im scum.

Wonktonodi said:
so we have a little under 5 and a half hours.

prof seems to want to make a carl lynch happen. (i'm leaning more town on carl and scum with prof so I'm more against this)

we have what seems like the most likely outcome of the day with Nickle being lynched.

no one else has more than one vote.

as it has been said a few times nickle has made it so the doubt on him will never go away. considering he's an active player I'd rather the town lynch one of the more inactive suspects. The game gets boring much faster if the talkative players get eliminated. early.

I think my vote on WhiteEagle is well placed and should be considered by the rest of the Town. He made a couple of bandwagoning votes and hasn't provided anything worthwhile toDay.

Signature goes here!

Having had more time to process the whole debate around the win conditions, it makes me lean town on both Wright and Carl because of how confident they both were in having caught scum.

Signature goes here!

Okay, Wright's claims that the PM doesn't say Scum=non-Terran are technically true, in the sense that those are not the exact keystrokes used. However, the PM does very heavily imply that Scum are always non-Terran, so the fact that Wright checked his PM and disagrees with this is really weird.

Wright wouldn't just come out and claim something like that if all he had was a Scum PM that doesn't say that. He's either town or he thinks he's town. It seems very clear to me that Wright has a PM that doesn't explicitly say that scum are never Terran. I think he's just trying to consider the possibility that the nuker might be a rogue Terran. The OP certainly leaves that possibility open, but the PM implies that this isn't possible. Wright's PM doesn't. It's fucking weird, but it doesn't mean he's mafia, though it could mean he's a third party.