By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

I am definitely not liking the lurking of Fusiocode. We haven't forgotten that you signed up if that's what you're hoping.

Around the Network
radishhead said:
Wright said:
radishhead said:
I vote No Lynch

(Just getting the formatting correct)

Can't you just...not vote?

The day ends quicker if a majority of people specifically vote for nobody to die today though. Also, it makes my position seem more confident rather than simply refusing to vote and hiding in the sidelines

I won't argue your ill conceived belief that a Day One No Lynch is the best option since I know you're pretty stubborn about it but I'm surprised that you mention getting the Day to end quicker as something positive. Anxious to get to the killing?

Signature goes here!

My strategy is just watch for slips. Because accusations and assumptions ALWAYS go either way.

TruckOSaurus said:
radishhead said:
Wright said:
radishhead said:
I vote No Lynch

(Just getting the formatting correct)

Can't you just...not vote?

The day ends quicker if a majority of people specifically vote for nobody to die today though. Also, it makes my position seem more confident rather than simply refusing to vote and hiding in the sidelines

I won't argue your ill conceived belief that a Day One No Lynch is the best option since I know you're pretty stubborn about it but I'm surprised that you mention getting the Day to end quicker as something positive. Anxious to get to the killing?

How do you know there would be any killing? With this new health system in place how can we possibly know for sure anyone would die at night? Isn't there more evidence that would suggest it may take more than one attack in order to kill someone?

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

impertinence said:
EricFabian continuous his evading play. Keeps the vote on WhiteEagle for no reason anyone can come up with, keeps it a secret why he does so, contributes nothing and deflects and defers.

I'd say he is town, he is definitely not able to talk with anybody outside the thread for sure as he would surely have been put in his place by any scum buddies, siblings, lovers or whatever by now. If there is no day talk, I guess it's possible that scum is sitting somewhere ripping their hair out watching this kind of display, but then I'd expect to see more direct attempts by people to make him change his style.

For the most part I kinda agree with this. I don't know if keeping secrets and being evasive is indictive of mafia. Considering last game there were equal amounts of Mafia that were open and forthcoming and Mafia that were overly evasive and secretive. It's basically what gave khan away at the end of the game. I also know that both Sparks and White were evasive and secretive last game. So I think its possible for town to do that, I just feel it is a huge mistake for town to make. Using last game as an example the scretivness and evasivness pretty much lead to sparks getting lynched by mostly town, and most of mafia didn't even vote for him. It made White a huge target as well. Then there was outlaw was not very active andd was also evasive which made it very easy to to make a fake connection between him and the suspicious mafia players. It is suspicious behavior so much so that theprof was convinced that both sparks and outlaw were mafia.

So I think he is worth keeping a close eye on because it is suspicious behavior. However last game 4 people were evasive and secretive and only one of them ended up being mafia. The others however were a huge target and made things very easy for mafia. So I think it is a huge mistake for any town person to act that wat and can be detrimental.

I would not as easily say he is town tho. I also find your last paragraph very strange. Is it possible that you could be his mafia team mate and you are tearing out your hair at his actions and are unable to tell him? So this is how you are subtly trying to tell him?

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:

I would not as easily say he is town tho. I also find your last paragraph very strange. Is it possible that you could be his mafia team mate and you are tearing out your hair at his actions and are unable to tell him? So this is how you are subtly trying to tell him?

I knew when posting that that it would be something people would pick up on and I actually debated if I should post this theory or not since some people have already started to call me scummy. I decided to post my thinking though just to have that point out there for people to consider. I agree it's not an automatic town read, but the lack of any meaningful signs of coaching in his play makes him lean town for me. Then again, maybe scum are content to just let him drift to the gallows on his own play rather than risk their necks for what seems to be nothing but a liability for either side.

Anyway, given the playstyle of the person in question, if I was really scum trying to stealth coach him I would have been more direct, I seriously doubt that hints as subtle as this would be would have much effect. 

By the way, much of the same thinking can be applied to bugrimmar as well. Not a fan of either one of these guys play so far and don't think it would hurt much to lynch either one if it came down to it, but I would prefer to lynch someone with a little more substantial case against them.

WhiteEaglePL said:
My strategy is just watch for slips. Because accusations and assumptions ALWAYS go either way.

No matter what team you are on you can't just sit back and wait for things to happen. That's honestly a big part of why town lost last game. Most of town had no interest and were just sitting back and watching when they should have been active and paying attention. Sure some town was quite active the first few days but then their activity dropped sharply which only made them look more suspicious. By the end of the game theprof was really the only active town person. He was a confirmed town, the most active player and mafia still managd to turn town against him, simply because town wasn't able to to be as active, and pay as much attention as theprof did. By the end of the game 3 players were most active, and only one was town. If ya allow mafia to mute the most active investigators and then allow them to be most active and control the conversation/situation they will win.

Nicklesbe said:
TruckOSaurus said:

How do you know there would be any killing? With this new health system in place how can we possibly know for sure anyone would die at night? Isn't there more evidence that would suggest it may take more than one attack in order to kill someone?

That's usually what Mafia do at Night but I guess you're right maybe "Anxious to get to the attacking?" would have been to more correct phrase in our current setup.

Signature goes here!

Apparently no lynch is a known preferred strategy for Radish according to Trucks, but it's still a anti-town move. I can't imagine what motivation town would have for passing up on a lynch as it makes no sense what so ever but I guess it's not a definite scum tell if this is indeed what Radish always pushes for no matter alignment. If you (RadishHead) are truly town and still insist on a no lynch, perhaps it's time to look outside your own head for some mafia strategy after all.

So, between pushing for a scum friendly no lynch, referring to town as 'them' and pushing for a scum friendly short day you are looking pretty shady. At the very least, it should be clear why a couple more experienced players have taken shots at your town play already.

impertinence said:
Apparently no lynch is a known preferred strategy for Radish according to Trucks, but it's still a anti-town move. I can't imagine what motivation town would have for passing up on a lynch as it makes no sense what so ever but I guess it's not a definite scum tell if this is indeed what Radish always pushes for no matter alignment. If you (RadishHead) are truly town and still insist on a no lynch, perhaps it's time to look outside your own head for some mafia strategy after all.

So, between pushing for a scum friendly no lynch, referring to town as 'them' and pushing for a scum friendly short day you are looking pretty shady. At the very least, it should be clear why a couple more experienced players have taken shots at your town play already.

Maybe I'm going insane, but where did Trucks say that?

But I agree Radish is looking rather perculiar, as I outlined before.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.