By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Wright said:
TruckOSaurus said:

A mix of being a veteran, being considered a good player, other veterans/big participants taking a more relaxed approach to the game, while I intend to take a proeminent place during Day One and some others reasons I'm not willing to disclose.

There's two things that popped into my mind here:

a) What if you're the medivac, and are trying to scare people into attacking you but rather searching for this ghost medivac?

b) And talking about ghosts, what if you're actually demanding to be healed, but turns out you're the ghost instead of townie/terran/whatever?

I like that you're  considering all the options. Shows you don't know for sure I'm telling the truth, like a Mafia would.

I did address your point in my plea though, the medic has no idea if I'm really Town but all I can do is try my hardest to make myself worthy of what I requested.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
impertinence said:
Trucks call for protection smacks of the same kind of "I'm the best player town has so I'll likely be an early mafia target" that proof started out last game with. The proof was right and Trucks remembers so this plea for the medic doesn't say much, but it should be good seeing him prove over the next Day that he is town.

So trucks, how bout you start by giving your opinion on the play of Nicklesbe so far?

My opinion of his latest move can be found in my reply to him but if you have further questions, feel free to ask them.

Signature goes here!

radishhead said:

I had to, Wright! I had to! :(

(3) Nickelsbe - TruckOSaurus, Conegamer, Nickelsbe
(1) TruckOSaurus - Wonktonodi
(1) WhiteEaglePL - EricFabian

(12) Not Voting - Astrogamer, bugrimmar, Carl2291, Fusioncode, impertinence, padib, radishhead, spurgeonryan, Sparks, theprof00, WhiteEaglePL, Wright

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Countdown to Night 1:  http://itsalmo.st/#night1

Please PM me if there's an issue with the vote count.

I know there's always the problems with timezones and such, but some faces have been pretty rare on this thread- which is never a good sign on day 1

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
That is a very strange tactic Nickelsbe. Don't do something silly like this, please.

I don't really suspect you like I said but it's to get the ball rolling and you had the most suspicious activity to date. So, what we as town don't need is someone quitting right away over something like this.

I'm not giving up. I am simply trying to help town the best way I can at this point. I hope that everyone will hold off the vote as long as possible of course so I can get more investigating in but at this point it is damn near impossible for me to convince anyone at this point that I am town. Which I do not blame you or anyone for, especially anyone that watched last game. 

The way I see it this situation is not really that much different than last game with RCT. The same arguments I used against RCT are bing used against me now. I made that case against RCT and it was a strong case that took up numerous game days, wasted time, and kept eyes in the wrong direction. Hell it was convincing enough that Sparks still suspected the poor guy after he got a town read from his cop ability. Know what town should have done that game? You guys should have just lynched RCT, saw that he was town and then went after those that pushed the hardest for his lynching. You would have had me, hylian, khan and even noname dead to right. 

You should also know from last game that I am willing to do anything to win. If that means sacrificing myself so town has some good leads then so be it. I am not giving up, simply trying to give town answers and hopefully finger some scum in the process.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

TruckOSaurus said:
impertinence said:
Trucks call for protection smacks of the same kind of "I'm the best player town has so I'll likely be an early mafia target" that proof started out last game with. The proof was right and Trucks remembers so this plea for the medic doesn't say much, but it should be good seeing him prove over the next Day that he is town.

So trucks, how bout you start by giving your opinion on the play of Nicklesbe so far?

My opinion of his latest move can be found in my reply to him but if you have further questions, feel free to ask them.

Considering the lengths he went to last game to try to convince people he was town when he was not, do you think this weird vote for himself and readiness to sacrifice himself for town (with just three votes on him including his own) could be an attempt to do the same thing again. I know he reads mafia wiki and this type of tactic is laid out there somewhere as a high risk/high reward mafia play.

On it's own it just seems like a rash surrender, but that doesn't play well with how he played last game where he was manipulative and squirmed all he could to stay alive. Coupled with how he is claiming town so early in the game he seems to be working very very hard to convince people he is one of the good guys.

TruckOSaurus said:
Nicklesbe said:

Ok lets get this over with then. Town needs information so lets get that information. It hasn't been very long and I had hoped to get more investigating in but what I've found so far will hopefully be enough. I'm going to be a huge lynch target all game. Mafia knows it and are taking advantage of that fact.  You want your mafia, I suggest you look at Carl, trucks, cone and burger. One of them is likely mafia, then look at all those who are quiet, I would also suggest heavily suspecting anyone that is really quiet now that was town last game. Odds are they could be mafia. First vote always sucks and town needs answers so if I am going to be a huge target all game and a potential liability then lets get this over with and hope that I was able to finger some mafia in this short time.

Vote: NIcklesBe

It was nice playing with you, I hope in future games you judge me less by my play style and more by the actual information I find. I wish luck to all my fellow townies and I will keep seats warm in the graveyard.

If I could I'd revote for you. (I can't don't worry)

Two votes and two FoS and you're already giving up? Saying you'll be a huge lynch target all game long? Giving up already! What the hell?

Day One suspicions are very fickle, you should know that. Certainly nothing to permanently stain you with a "potential lynch" target for the whole duration of the game.

You really think that even if you put in the investigative work, chase down your suspects and provide your input you'll never shake off the stench of 4 people thinking you were kinda suspicions 24 hours into the game?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6658514

I'm not giving up. I am simply trying to make the most logical play I can given the situation. Not to play the newb card but this is my second game, I know they can be fickle, however I also know the initial instincts of some were very accurate. I'm going off my experiance of last game, and so far this looks alot like what happened to RCT. Town would have won if you guys just lynched him, saw that he was town and then went after those that pushed strongest against him. Again I'm not giving up, just making the best play I can think of that will be most beneficial to town. I can see where this is going. Days wasted on distractions and finger pointing at me. That is not going to be good for town and it will end like last game ended, so lets cut the shit and do what needs to be done to help town.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
Conegamer said:
That is a very strange tactic Nickelsbe. Don't do something silly like this, please.

I don't really suspect you like I said but it's to get the ball rolling and you had the most suspicious activity to date. So, what we as town don't need is someone quitting right away over something like this.

I'm not giving up. I am simply trying to help town the best way I can at this point. I hope that everyone will hold off the vote as long as possible of course so I can get more investigating in but at this point it is damn near impossible for me to convince anyone at this point that I am town. Which I do not blame you or anyone for, especially anyone that watched last game. 

The way I see it this situation is not really that much different than last game with RCT. The same arguments I used against RCT are bing used against me now. I made that case against RCT and it was a strong case that took up numerous game days, wasted time, and kept eyes in the wrong direction. Hell it was convincing enough that Sparks still suspected the poor guy after he got a town read from his cop ability. Know what town should have done that game? You guys should have just lynched RCT, saw that he was town and then went after those that pushed the hardest for his lynching. You would have had me, hylian, khan and even noname dead to right. 

You should also know from last game that I am willing to do anything to win. If that means sacrificing myself so town has some good leads then so be it. I am not giving up, simply trying to give town answers and hopefully finger some scum in the process.

It makes sense what you're saying; though if anything it only makes you look more suspicious. Either way there's better approaches to doing this than what you're saying right now. People have only thrown a few votes your way and questioned your actions, that's no indication people will be after you the entire game because we're just feeling in right now. 

Whatever happens there's really no point voting for yourself. It just feels all wrong

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

impertinence said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Considering the lengths he went to last game to try to convince people he was town when he was not, do you think this weird vote for himself and readiness to sacrifice himself for town (with just three votes on him including his own) could be an attempt to do the same thing again. I know he reads mafia wiki and this type of tactic is laid out there somewhere as a high risk/high reward mafia play.

On it's own it just seems like a rash surrender, but that doesn't play well with how he played last game where he was manipulative and squirmed all he could to stay alive. Coupled with how he is claiming town so early in the game he seems to be working very very hard to convince people he is one of the good guys.

You followed last game so I'm going to make a parallel with RCT.  

RCT turned up with a defeated attitude when he had a lot of votes on him and a dangerously close deadline, I instantly thought his reaction was genuine and considered him Town from that point on. Even on Day Two, I was one of the rare ones sticking out for him.

What made me believe him was that his situation was indeed pretty dire when he made his "I give up" speech and I could see how the situation would have looked hopeless from his point of view.

Nickelsbe's situation right now is miles away from RCT's. There was only two votes on him (that's 7 votes away from a lynch), a couple of FoS and he had 4 whole real-life days of discussion ahead to remove suspicions from him through participation. So to me, this move looks fake, very very fake.

Signature goes here!