By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

theprof00 said:
impertinence said:
theprof00 said:
impertinence said:
theprof00 said:
How did trucks know that? That's odd. Do you all have names as well?

This is odd. You don't have a name?

I never said that......I just didn't assume you all had names as well. Am I to believe that each marine is called something else as well? Like, Wallace the marine?

Also an odd statement, since you know 4 people have flipped already with generic roles without a character name. 

How is that an odd statement? Yes 4 have flipped without names. That logically implies that regular characters have no names. So why did trucks assume that the scientist had a name?

It is odd because it's already established that (some) mariens have no name, so why would you assume they do?

Also, my guess is that you have a name or a character also, unless you are lying about your slap ability. It seems fairly obvious that the power roles have characters and/or names while the vanilla players are just units. At least this pattern seems to hold for terran units. 

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

How is that an odd statement? Yes 4 have flipped without names. That logically implies that regular characters have no names. So why did trucks assume that the scientist had a name?

Please, continue this argument with me impertinence.

impertinence said:
theprof00 said:
impertinence said:
theprof00 said:
impertinence said:
theprof00 said:
How did trucks know that? That's odd. Do you all have names as well?

This is odd. You don't have a name?

I never said that......I just didn't assume you all had names as well. Am I to believe that each marine is called something else as well? Like, Wallace the marine?

Also an odd statement, since you know 4 people have flipped already with generic roles without a character name. 

It is odd because it's already established that (some) mariens have no name, so why would you assume they do?

Also, my guess is that you have a name or a character also, unless you are lying about your slap ability. It seems fairly obvious that the power roles have characters and/or names while the vanilla players are just units. At least this pattern seems to hold for terran units. 

HoS impertinence. Interesting that you've somewhat clarified your statement without being prompted to.

"4 people have flipped already with generic roles without a character name. "

"At least this pattern seems to hold for terran units. "

Yes, please tell me how you knew that dark templars were generic roles.

theprof00 said:

Theoryhammer time.

If there are terrans who can survive the nuke...would there also be zerg and toss somewhere up there too? I would find it really unfair to allow town to simply coast to victory after the nuke goes off.

I doubt I'm in orbit or something of the sort.  I can be killed.

Umm, by the way, does anyone understand what the flavor this morning meant?

Around the Network
Wright said:
theprof00 said:

Theoryhammer time.

If there are terrans who can survive the nuke...would there also be zerg and toss somewhere up there too? I would find it really unfair to allow town to simply coast to victory after the nuke goes off.

by the nuke?

theprof00 said:
Wright said:

by the nuke?

I guess? Why wouldn't I?

I'm fairly curious what padib's sense ability does in terms of helping his role.
So far we have:
Invulnerable 1 shot
psionic something 1 shot
And another ability 1 shot
Can survive the nuke
knows which faction made kills during the night.

Interesting set of abilities...but the sense one is the most interesting to me.
Padib, is sense always on? Or is it an ability you have to use?

Wright said:
theprof00 said:
Wright said:

by the nuke?

I guess? Why wouldn't I?

Padib (i think) said he could survive the nuke.

theprof00 said:

HoS impertinence. Interesting that you've somewhat clarified your statement without being prompted to.

"4 people have flipped already with generic roles without a character name. "

"At least this pattern seems to hold for terran units. "

Yes, please tell me how you knew that dark templars were generic roles.

I don't know it for a fact, but I'm pretty sure they are. The first thing I did when I saw Astro's flip was to look op dark templar on the StarCraft wiki, because the name sounded like it might be some sort of power role, but nothing there indicates that the dark templar is anythign but a standard gruond troop for the protoss. Especially when Sparks flipped the same it reinforces my thinking that dark templar is pretty much vanilla mafia.

Anyhow, I think power roles have characters, and you claimed a power role. Do you have a character or name?