By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could DMC4 be done on the Wii?

I was watching some footage from DMC4 and while possessing elements above the Wii's standard, the game really didn't impress me as an HD title. It had poor lighting and shadow effects in numerous areas of the game and on parts of the models as well as so-so texturing in some areas.

Is it unfeasable that with a little downgrading this game could be put on the Wii?

(Despite being put in the Nintendo forum, why do I get the feeling non-Nintendo gamers are going to be the ones making the most posts in this thread?)

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.
Around the Network

Trust me, you don't want a Capcom port.

Why? Wasn't RE4 to your liking?

2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.

4D Gamer III said:

I was watching some footage from DMC4 and while possessing elements above the Wii's standard, the game really didn't impress me as an HD title. It had poor lighting and shadow effects in numerous areas of the game and on parts of the models as well as so-so texturing in some areas.

Is it unfeasable that with a little downgrading this game could be put on the Wii?

(Despite being put in the Nintendo forum, why do I get the feeling non-Nintendo gamers are going to be the ones making the most posts in this thread?)

You may get that feeling for the following reasons

1. The thread shows up on the front page, so most people never really realize what forum it's in

2. This is a question best answered by those that know DMC4. And most people who have played DMC4 will be non-Nintendo gamers, as it's not on a Nintendo console.

3. Because they're going to say no and they'll be right. Ok, that's not so much a reason for why they'd come here, but it is the case.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Huh, well, from the producers own mouth:

You know, a lot of people ask us if we are going to bring out a Wii version. I simply don't think you can make the game the type of game it is, with the awesome graphics and control -- I don't think that would work on the Wii. So, I don't think we're going to bring one out, no.

http://kotaku.com/359924/no-wii-devil-may-cry-4-forget-it

Around the Network

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait for a next gen port on the next Nintendo console.

Nope doubt it, doesn't look great but still no.

It could happen, but a DMC for the ground up would probably play better. Capcom certainly knows how to throw ports around, they pretty much got a DMC3-esque DMC game for mobile phones.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I don't think the question is whether or not DMC4 could be made on the Wii. The question is: should it be even considered? DMC4 is one of those games where if you were remotely interested in the game, you would have gotten a PS3 first, then if you have heard the news that its on the 360 as well and you just can't afford the PS3 at the moment, then get it on the 360. Otherwise, I highly doubt anybody really believes or feels that they must plead with Capcom to make the game for the Wii just to save a little bit of money.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Capcom seems to choose gameplay above graphics (SF4 comes to mind), wich is a good thing.

Judging from what I've seen so far, DMC4 on an analog tv would look less impressive than let's say Ico on PS2. It can be done, but Capcom already said they wouldn't bring DMC4 to the Wii. Meaning they have the resources but probably have their hands full with other projects already.
But who knows, a DMC trilogy remake for the Wii, anyone?

Edit: So far, Capcom can port all their games to last gen if they want. Resident Evil 5 will be a different story though. That game looks truely HD.