By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: WII U Will Still be Ahead of XBOX One in 2017

Will have to tag this and see. I think Wii U will be ahead at end of 2014 but it will be passed next year. The Wii U is going to have a drought of console sellers next year until Zelda.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Tagging for January lulz.

Wii U sales will be way above XBone this holiday. Next year? Wii U seems to have a very good and diverse Line-up of exclusives only. Xbone has a lot if multiplatform 3rds and few exclusives.

I think most gamers will consider buying PS4, PC and Wii U over Xbone next year.

ShyGuy322 said:
I don't understand why people think the XB1 is going to sell like crazy this holiday. It had a nice launch but sales have been abysmal since then, even after Titanfall and a 25% price cut. There just isn't much consumer interest in it outside of NA, a market it is losing.

So what have Wii U sales been It still outsold the system after Titanfall? right up until the release of Mario Kart. Since theres been less then 10k difference between their baseline.

Also I'm sure people would have said the same thing about the Wii U after its sales dropped back to dirt (far lower then X1s) after the holiday 2013. 

Cyrus said:
Seece said:
Yet another one of these threads that is going to look super silly in a matter of weeks.

WiiU won't be ahead ever again come this holiday.

You mean just like your 'why do people believe X1 will drop to WiiU lvl sales' from march?

At least he calls it prediction, and doesn't act like its a fact.

To be fair the Xbox still has NEVER dropped to Wii u lvl sales that we saw during the time period those comments were made. Wii U sales since Mk have just rose  above it.

Just a reminder everyone that the Wii U's floor was 20k... Worldwide.

Around the Network
Cyrus said:
Seece said:
Yet another one of these threads that is going to look super silly in a matter of weeks.

You mean just like your 'why do people believe X1 will drop to WiiU lvl sales' from march?

At least he calls it prediction, and doesn't act like its a fact.

You do know Wii U hit a low of 18k in one week during 2013 right? With a baseline of about 20k. Xbox One has never gotten that low.

spurgeonryan said:
Wii U will never lead a week after this week. Sorry, once X1 comes out in Japan it is all over.

:p

I wouldn't be so sure on that! The Wii U could quite easily trump the Xbox in late November, December and Jan. Not to say that it necessarily will

Essentially most people who have considered a Wii U (like myself) will pick it up around Smash Bros's launch, considering the system has Mario Kart and 3D mario in its backlogue now. Holiday numbers could very well be huge... Longterm though Wii U doesn't stand a chance. Beyond Smash its next system seller may not even be released in the 2015 (Zelda)

To the both who answered to me:
1. Well that the tricky thing, the "WiiU lvl" is not a constant, the thread i mentioned didn't say X1 won't drop below current WiiU sales, but it said it wouldn't drop below WiiU sales!
2.When that thread was posted WiiU sold ~35-40k weekly, so even if we take that number X1 is not too far away from it, one could consider it to be more or less the same lvl.

Seece said:
Mr Khan said:
vivster said:
Seece said:

So you're saying X1 will close the 2m gap by the end of this year?

Overestimating the power of a remake box set, handily, at least vis-a-vis Smash Brothers.

I changed the title to something less loud.

Coupled with third party support and an actual audience to target at. Something XB1 has shown it can do (Launch, Titanfall period) XB1 sells crap when it has nothing going on, but WiiU has sold poorly (consistantly) throughout its whole life no matter what has been put on the table.

OMG This x 100!!

Why is everyone portraying this false reality in which the Wii U is selling like hotcakes and the Xbox One is selling like dirt? They're pretty much on the same level, the average difference in there baseline is like 6k! IF X1 is selling like shit so is Wii U and Considering the Wii U has had the biggest standalone system seller it will probably ever and its now just above Xbox 1 sales, thats pretty telling. It won't take many substantial releases for the tables to turn again to where they were pre Mario Kart 8. Since that games release everyone has just lost all perspective, all they see is that wii U is outselling Xbox One so thats how things will pan out. During Titanfalls release month it was doubling WIi U sales, so clearly we shouldn't be so caught up in the short term.

Have you payed any attention to vg chartz for the past 2 months? The WiiU's been outselling the Xbone ever since MK8 came out. And with games like Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros. it's only going to get worse for the Xbone.