By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: WII U Will Still be Ahead of XBOX One in 2017

Scizor_99 said:
Seece said:

Why would it be annually? I'm talking LTD end of June compared to what VGC has end of June

You mean these numbers?

Official: XOne - 5M shipped by March 30, 2014 + part of 1.1M shipped in the April-June quarter (XOne +X360)

Wii U - 6.68shipped by June 30, 2014

VGChartz: XOne - ~4.6M sold by June 28, 2014; ~5M sold by June 28, 2014 

Wii U - ~6.6M sold by June 28, 2014; ~7.1M sold by August 23, 2014

Yes.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Scizor_99 said:
Seece said:
Scizor_99 said:
Seece said:

Well, given there are only 20k on shelves/transit in Europe/US end of June, I very much doubt it.

Sorry, but can you clarify for me exactly what shipped figures you're giving me. Are they quarterly shipped figures? Annual shipped figures?

Why would it be annually? I'm talking LTD end of June compared to what VGC has end of June

You mean these numbers?

Official: XOne - 5M shipped by March 30, 2014 + part of 1.1M shipped in the April-June quarter (XOne +X360)

Yes.

Well then that doesn't change very much. I think we can agree that the Wii U is somewhat overtracked due to being suspiciously close to the shipped numbers. However, I don't think it's by very much as retailers are likely asking for less stock in the first place due to lower demand. The gap is shipped figures looks like it will close, but, as we`ve observed in the past few months, Microsoft has had trouble selling through shipments, to which retailers andpublishers have expessed their discontent. Tough competition with the PS4 has driven down sales to levels comparable to that of the Wii U, and though new releases should spur sales, it`s questionable as to whether they would drive them to overtake the Wii U by a considerable margin in just four months. 

fortune tellers said the ps3 died 7 years ago.

My estimates for June 30:

Wii U: ~6.2m
Xbone: ~4.5m

But it doesn't matter because the sales won't catch because the difference will be small quarter by quarter.

Edit - Fixed the numbers because Wii U have limited supply in June.

Scizor_99 said:
Seece said:
Scizor_99 said:

You mean these numbers?

Yes.

Well then that doesn't change very much. I think we can agree that the Wii U is somewhat overtracked due to being suspiciously close to the shipped numbers. However, I don't think it's by very much as retailers are likely asking for less stock in the first place due to lower demand. The gap is shipped figures looks like it will close, but, as we`ve observed in the past few months, Microsoft has had trouble selling through shipments, to which retailers andpublishers have expessed their discontent. Tough competition with the PS4 has driven down sales to levels comparable to that of the Wii U, and though new releases should spur sales, it`s questionable as to whether they would drive them to overtake the Wii U by a considerable margin in just four months. 

Could you please link relailers expressing their discontent?

And I assume when you talk publishers you might be thing of Crytek and the all Ryse and its financial crysis(sorry, I couldn´t resist).

The fact is that for VGChartz to be right on XOne sales this quarter the console would close to WiiU last year. And last year, Nintendo already shipped much less quarter over quarter.

Unless Microsoft shipped 1mi 360, why on earth they would be the only ones with 1,5mi consoles in the channel? That is basicaly 5 MONTHS sales!!! on VGChartz numbers.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Yet another one of these threads that is going to look super silly in a matter of weeks.

WiiU won't be ahead ever again come this holiday.

Keep on telling yourself that.

eva01beserk said:

I think youre under the assumption he is saying its a fact that its 300k overtracked.  He said he is "guessing" 300k.  WiiU is overtracked through June, by how much is unknown.  If there was a thread on the matter then ioi might be more aware and try and adjust it.  Nobody has made a thread "WiiU is overtracked" but there is a thread similar http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189434&page=1#

eva01beserk said:

@logisticalnightmare

Yea, I'm a little stuborn, I get that from my father. And no, it dosent support it, it only sugest that it could be overtracked. Its like a guy with a big buldge in his pants, it suggest he has a huge di**, but he could just be stuffing his pants. Nothing you say is 100% fact, just assuptions, while I never claimed what I said is 100%, I say is a possibility.

@Seece

You can proove that it might be oertracked. Wich is true and I belive it is. That is 300k overtracked as you claime, is just you hoping it is. If it was so simpe and straight foward, then ioi would have adjusted the numbers like he did a few days ago when tak prooved the x1 was overtracke in the US, prooved by npd, the most trusted site wich is basicly the law.

hahhaahahahahahhhhhahahahahah i proved it  with a little mistake in the number....:P i feel that seece doesnt consider,but wants wii u to be higly overtracked, because if it isnt or it is by little,all his predictions will be killed!

JayWood2010 said:
eva01beserk said:

I think youre under the assumption he is saying its a fact that its 300k overtracked.  He said he is "guessing" 300k.  WiiU is overtracked through June, by how much is unknown.  If there was a thread on the matter then ioi might be more aware and try and adjust it.  Nobody has made a thread "WiiU is overtracked" but there is a thread similar http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189434&page=1#

93k by seece's npd numbers!on mine, 12k in usa!

tak13 said:
eva01beserk said:

@logisticalnightmare

Yea, I'm a little stuborn, I get that from my father. And no, it dosent support it, it only sugest that it could be overtracked. Its like a guy with a big buldge in his pants, it suggest he has a huge di**, but he could just be stuffing his pants. Nothing you say is 100% fact, just assuptions, while I never claimed what I said is 100%, I say is a possibility.

@Seece

You can proove that it might be oertracked. Wich is true and I belive it is. That is 300k overtracked as you claime, is just you hoping it is. If it was so simpe and straight foward, then ioi would have adjusted the numbers like he did a few days ago when tak prooved the x1 was overtracke in the US, prooved by npd, the most trusted site wich is basicly the law.

hahhaahahahahahhhhhahahahahah i proved it  with a little mistake in the number....:P i feel that seece doesnt consider,but wants wii u to be higly overtracked, because if it isnt or it is by little,all his predictions will be killed!

No, it's me actually bothering to look at the numbers (something you and others won't do). If WiiU really is selling 50k a week, then there has to be at least 300k on shelves. There were 450k on shelves this time last year according to VGChartz. Since when did people start thinking such a tiny amount in the channel was even possible for a non discontinued system??

Your last sentance is ridiuclous as well, my predictions don't ride on WiiU being 300k overtracked.