By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: WII U Will Still be Ahead of XBOX One in 2017

Scizor_99 said:
Seece said:
logisticalnightmare said:
eva01beserk said:
logisticalnightmare said

Tell me oh wise one, how many wii us are in Canada? Mexico? Puerto Rico? Brazil? South Africa? India? Spain? Romania? Iceland? Greenland? Ireland? Russia? Oh, you have no information on any of those? You must be talking out of your ass then. Fact is, we get no information on numbers except for the major players. That leaves ALOT of room for error

Are you really asking me that, but not applying it to yours or seece's arguments? Well this just prooves that its pointless to try and make you see a diferent point of view. Do you really think his estimate is better and is not applicable to those errors you mentioned? Tell me from where did seece get those numbers? Did he survey the major markets himself? Is seece able to see mistakes that multy billion dollar companies cant? If so they should hire him right now. 

Im not the one making assuptions here, just denying others wich is much easy. Seece has no way to get that information as well and the number he uses that are available are the same numbers ioi uses to update the site. So there really is no reason I should take his word over the sites word now, is it? Its fine if you do, but be ready for critizisim when you go agaist the most trusted information.

It's pointless talking to you. There is no reliable information out there besides Nintendo's which supports the wii u is massively overtracked. What don't you get? Why do you act like vgc doesn't update numbers or is never wrong? Are you forgetting how far off they were with ps4?

Indeed. It's quite simple and straightforward. You can prove WiiU is overtracked by their shipment figures end of June. You can't do the same for XB1.

Why do you act like the only logical conclusion is that the Xbox One will pull massive numbers this holiday, and that everyone who disagrees with you is definitively wrong? Regardless of overtracking, there still remains a massive gap between the sales figures of the two consoles (which I assume you don't deny). You assert that this gap will not only disappear, but the Xbox One will pull a large lead, all by the end of this year. What evidence do you really have to back up this claim? PS4 has stolen the spotlight for every multiplat released after the launch period  Xbox One's boosts form new releases were negligible compared to what was expected. Even the $100 price cut had little effect. Why do you think that market interest will suddenly rebound dramatically after having been stagnant since Titanfall? Pre-orders for Xbox One exclusives are not that significant and there's still the possibility that many may be coming from current owners. I think it's quite likely that the PS4 will once again take away significant marketshare from the Xbox One, leaving it much closer to the Wii U than you might think. 

It's funny because I don't anticipate massive numbers for XB1 this holiday. Certainly under Xbox 360's average.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Seece said:
Yet another one of these threads that is going to look super silly in a matter of weeks.

WiiU won't be ahead ever again come this holiday.

Why do you think that? You realize Nintendo does better than both of the other companies during the holidays in terms of %increase typically right? Especially compared to MIcrosoft. Millions of families will be looking for kid friendly experiences which are increasingly only being found on NIntendo devices or Apple/android. Microsoft and Sony are increasingly becoming more saturated with M rated games with boobs everywhere or violence the likes of which haven't ever been seen before in videogames. I still believe that MOST parents, when it really comes down to it deep down, still want their kids to be at least somewhat protected from that stuff and that is why they will turn to Nintendo/Apple specifically over Microsoft and Sony.

Total myth. Wii and DS got big bosts around the holiday, but they were huge in the year. WiiU and 3DS have not shown huge boosts over the holidays.

In fact PS360 typically (throughout their lives) saw bigger % boosts in the holidays than what WiiU has seen so far.

Seece said:
Yet another one of these threads that is going to look super silly in a matter of weeks.

didn't people say this about the Xone when Titan Fall came.... and then when the kinectless Xboxe came? Sorry but people are not buying the Xbox for the multiplats, they are going to the PS4 for that so really, any major releases will have little affect on the Xones sales as most people can get the majority of the Xones games on the PS4. Really, people who want an Xbox would primarily want it for Halo and Halo only.

Thinking that is crazy , but les than thinking that X1 has a chance to outsell wiiu in 2014.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

ikki5 said:
Seece said:

didn't people say this about the Xone when Titan Fall came.... and then when the kinectless Xboxe came? Sorry but people are not buying the Xbox for the multiplats, they are going to the PS4 for that so really, any major releases will have little affect on the Xones sales as most people can get the majority of the Xones games on the PS4. Really, people who want an Xbox would primarily want it for Halo and Halo only.

If you want to believe that, more power to you. Just not the case tho. Multiplat sales on XB1 prove you wrong. http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=XOne&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Around the Network
Seece said:
Mr Khan said:
vivster said:
Seece said:

So you're saying X1 will close the 2m gap by the end of this year?

Overestimating the power of a remake box set, handily, at least vis-a-vis Smash Brothers.

I changed the title to something less loud.

Coupled with third party support and an actual audience to target at. Something XB1 has shown it can do (Launch, Titanfall period) XB1 sells crap when it has nothing going on, but WiiU has sold poorly (consistantly) throughout its whole life no matter what has been put on the table.

Xbox One's audience is being taken away by the PS4. Almost every major third-party game is laos on the PS4, and third-party games have sold more PS4s than Xbox One's (when you compare the boosts. Launch periods definitively prove nothing, as proven by consoles like the DC, the GC , and yes, the Wii U, which experienced huge sales drops after the first few months. There's no way of telling is the strong Xbox One sales are simply a result of Xbox fans and hardcore gamers adopting the console early; meanwhile, the PS4 baseline has been consistently high. It isn't enirely true that the Wii U has been selling consistently poorly. The Wii U did sell well at launch (as previously mentioned) are sales did increase significantly upon the release of major exclusives (so far SM3DW, MK8, nad WWHD gave notable boosts. I don't know why you you think that Smash Bros. (assuming that it doesn't miss this holiday) will do next to nothing and MK8 will cease to make any notable impact despite Mario's long history of performing well during holidays. 

Scizor_99 said:
Seece said:

Coupled with third party support and an actual audience to target at. Something XB1 has shown it can do (Launch, Titanfall period) XB1 sells crap when it has nothing going on, but WiiU has sold poorly (consistantly) throughout its whole life no matter what has been put on the table.

Xbox One's audience is being taken away by the PS4. Almost every major third-party game is laos on the PS4, and third-party games have sold more PS4s than Xbox One's (when you compare the boosts. Launch periods definitively prove nothing, as proven by consoles like the DC, the GC , and yes, the Wii U, which experienced huge sales drops after the first few months. There's no way of telling is the strong Xbox One sales are simply a result of Xbox fans and hardcore gamers adopting the console early; meanwhile, the PS4 baseline has been consistently high. It isn't enirely true that the Wii U has been selling consistently poorly. The Wii U did sell well at launch (as previously mentioned) are sales did increase significantly upon the release of major exclusives (so far SM3DW, MK8, nad WWHD gave notable boosts. I don't know why you you think that Smash Bros. (assuming that it doesn't miss this holiday) will do next to nothing and MK8 will cease to make any notable impact despite Mario's long history of performing well during holidays. 

Who is even debating this? And why is it so black and white for some of you? Third parties will do more for PS4's than they will for XB1's. That does not mean multiplats will not shift XB1's either, they will, they have, and they will continue to do so. It's exactly the reason XB1 is vastly outpacing (alligned launch) WiiU despite being $100/$200 higher.

unless you think MS first party studios push more hardware than Nintendo's? You'll have to make your mind up on that one, can't be both now can it.

Seece said:
Scizor_99 said:
Seece said:
logisticalnightmare said:
eva01beserk said:
logisticalnightmare said

Tell me oh wise one, how many wii us are in Canada? Mexico? Puerto Rico? Brazil? South Africa? India? Spain? Romania? Iceland? Greenland? Ireland? Russia? Oh, you have no information on any of those? You must be talking out of your ass then. Fact is, we get no information on numbers except for the major players. That leaves ALOT of room for error

Are you really asking me that, but not applying it to yours or seece's arguments? Well this just prooves that its pointless to try and make you see a diferent point of view. Do you really think his estimate is better and is not applicable to those errors you mentioned? Tell me from where did seece get those numbers? Did he survey the major markets himself? Is seece able to see mistakes that multy billion dollar companies cant? If so they should hire him right now. 

Im not the one making assuptions here, just denying others wich is much easy. Seece has no way to get that information as well and the number he uses that are available are the same numbers ioi uses to update the site. So there really is no reason I should take his word over the sites word now, is it? Its fine if you do, but be ready for critizisim when you go agaist the most trusted information.

It's pointless talking to you. There is no reliable information out there besides Nintendo's which supports the wii u is massively overtracked. What don't you get? Why do you act like vgc doesn't update numbers or is never wrong? Are you forgetting how far off they were with ps4?

Indeed. It's quite simple and straightforward. You can prove WiiU is overtracked by their shipment figures end of June. You can't do the same for XB1.

Why do you act like the only logical conclusion is that the Xbox One will pull massive numbers this holiday, and that everyone who disagrees with you is definitively wrong? Regardless of overtracking, there still remains a massive gap between the sales figures of the two consoles (which I assume you don't deny). You assert that this gap will not only disappear, but the Xbox One will pull a large lead, all by the end of this year. What evidence do you really have to back up this claim? PS4 has stolen the spotlight for every multiplat released after the launch period  Xbox One's boosts form new releases were negligible compared to what was expected. Even the $100 price cut had little effect. Why do you think that market interest will suddenly rebound dramatically after having been stagnant since Titanfall? Pre-orders for Xbox One exclusives are not that significant and there's still the possibility that many may be coming from current owners. I think it's quite likely that the PS4 will once again take away significant marketshare from the Xbox One, leaving it much closer to the Wii U than you might think. 

It's funny because I don't anticipate massive numbers for XB1 this holiday. Certainly under Xbox 360's average.

I'm confused, then. For what you anticipated (namely, for the Xbox One to achieve a substantial lead over the Wii U by the end of the the year) to come to pass, either one or a combination of the following two things would have to happen:

(1) The Wii U would have to flop hard.  

(2) The Xbox One would have to pull very large numbers.

I don't deny that, given what has happened so far, it's extremely likely that the Xbox One will outsell the Wii U at some point in the future. However, I don't think it's the necessary conclusion that it will easily pass it in the next four months. I believe I have additional explanation as to my opinion in another post as well.

Scizor_99 said:
Seece said:

I'm confused, then. For what you anticipated (namely, for the Xbox One to achieve a substantial lead over the Wii U by the end of the the year) to come to pass, either one or a combination of the following two things would have to happen:

(1) The Wii U would have to flop hard.  

(2) The Xbox One would have to pull very large numbers.

I don't deny that, given what has happened so far, it's extremely likely that the Xbox One will outsell the Wii U at some point in the future. However, I don't think it's the necessary conclusion that it will easily pass it in the next four months. I believe I have additional explanation as to my opinion in another post as well.

Neither of those things have to happen. WiiU at 3m shipped and XB1 at 4.5m shipped gives XB1 a sizeable lead. That's also well under 360's average holiday Q so not huge.  (2.5m shipped to Americas, 2m outside)

Seece said:
Scizor_99 said:
Seece said:

Who is even debating this? And why is it so black and white for some of you? Third parties will do more for PS4's than they will for XB1's. That does not mean multiplats will not shift XB1's either, they will, they have, and they will continue to do so. It's exactly the reason XB1 is vastly outpacing (alligned launch) WiiU despite being $100/$200 higher.

unless you think MS first party studios push more hardware than Nintendo's? You'll have to make your mind up on that one, can't be both now can it.

I never said that multiplats would not push Xbox one hardware. I'm simply referring to the observation that muliplats have helped the PS4 significantly more post-launch. Xbox One boosts have been surprisingly minimal so far. 

There's really no evidence that many people who haven't yet bought an Xbox One have confidence in its third-party support and would buy it becuase of it. The Xbox One has lost ithe mutiplat advantage that the 360 had in the previous generation and both general and hardcore consumer favor the PS4.