By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR- New Nintendo 3DS has no region locking and big NNID changes O_O

Around the Network

This could turn out so awesome. While I feel like region locking should have never been there if they can actually get their shit together with NNID I would be so happy. Anyway some games I would like to import too

yeah get those hopes up everyone!

That would be awesome!
That is the only thing that stops me from buying more stuff digital!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

This is the same guy that claimed the new 3ds cpu was 3x faster than the current dual core MPCore arm11 processor - when ARM do not manufacturer an MPCore CPU that's 2x faster, let alone 3.

End result: guy's spouting crap for follows/hits knowing when it all turns out to be bs he can just say "source was wrong sorry". He's not even going all out on the promises, "theres a possibility", pshtt.

Don't waste your time getting your hopes up reading his nonsense.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:

This is the same guy that claimed the new 3ds cpu was 3x faster than the current dual core MPCore arm11 processor - when ARM do not manufacturer an MPCore CPU that's 2x faster, let alone 3.

End result: guy's spouting crap for follows/hits knowing when it all turns out to be bs he can just say "source was wrong sorry". He's not even going all out on the promises, "theres a possibility", pshtt.

Don't waste your time getting your hopes up reading his nonsense.

/thread, more or less.

p.s. she's a licensed developer.

That would be seriously awesome.

Crossbuy/ own incoming?

Can't wait to see it! Maybe they will discuss it during the rumoured Direct...........

Would be sweet, but Im not getting my hopes up

For the record, the regional lockout isn't a hardware flag, it's a switched option in the firmware, they could remove region lockout on the current 3DS if they wanted to, but they don't, chances of them doing so for the new 3ds and not the current 3ds = slim to none.

Hardware itself just tells the software that region it is - it's down to the firmware what it wants to do with that information.