By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - JRPG Disgaea 5 announced for PS4!

Another very nice announcement and JPRG for the PS4. Can't wait to get my hands on this after I get Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Nem said:
Only art. I am curious to see if they will keep using the same chibi graphics or if they will do something different since the characters on the art seem to be to human scale.

Disgaea have this kind of art while the conversations are going, since the very first game.
Like this:

I am familiar with Disagaea. Its not the same kind of art because look at Laharl. On art he is still Chibi. This goes to most characters. The new art seems alot more adult across the board.

I can't wait for this! :D

The art is lovely. 

So much Hype for the PS4 right now, so MANY GOOD japanese games announced!.

BraLoD said:
Angelv577 said:
Waoo, with dragon quest heroes, disgaea 5 and persona 5 along with kingdom hearts 3 and final fantasy 13, Sony shall stay afloat in japan for the rest of the gen starting next year.

Plus Bloodborne, Metal Gear Solid 5, Ys 8... yeah, Japan is ok xD

Dont forget Fairy Fencer F Advent Force, Hyperdimension Neptunia VII (wich started as a weak franchise but now its really strong), God Eater 2 Rage Burst, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, Tohou, The new Gundam Game, Summer Lesson, Dengeki Bunko and Earth Defence Force 4.1

AGGHH SO MANY GAMES!.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
estebxx said:
BraLoD said:
Angelv577 said:
Waoo, with dragon quest heroes, disgaea 5 and persona 5 along with kingdom hearts 3 and final fantasy 13, Sony shall stay afloat in japan for the rest of the gen starting next year.

Dont forget Fairy Fencer F Advent Force, Hyperdimension Neptunia VII (wich started as a weak franchise but now its really strong), God Eater 2 Rage Burst, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, Tohou, The new Gundam Game, Summer Lesson, Dengeki Bunko and Earth Defence Force 4.1

AGGHH SO MANY GAMES!.

Way of the Samurai for Vita too xD

oh yeah, but i left that out on purpose since i was talking about PS4, but im also hyped for that one as well, thank god im getting a Playstation TV this october!.

BraLoD said:

I don't know why this:

Or this:

Or this: 

Looks chibi...
I'm mean, Laharl, Etna, Flonne, and Mao are younger so they are shorter.
But Almaz, Valvatorez and Fenrich are older so they are taller, just like Mr. Champloo, Salvatore, Master Big Star and some others...

Disgaea 5 probably have older characters compared to Disgaea 1 and 2, just it.

Well, that is why i'm curious to see if they mantain the chibi graphics or try something different. Its just curiosity, i'm not rooting for either one. Its just the vibe i got from the art. :)

Trailer was shit but i'll be watching this one closely.

Angelv577 said:
BraLoD said:
Angelv577 said:

oops, forgot those, yep it will sell well in japan

And don't forget Hot Shots Golf (which did extremely well in the past on consoles and might do that again),  Yakuza Zero (not much of a system seller), One Piece, Dragonball and a Naruto game will also hit the PS4. It will do great. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Yes, can't wait. Will invest in PS4 late next year when we will have hopefully heard some details on localisation...