By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 won this week in NA, congrats!

not funny.

did you even read it? nevermind understand it. I can't ask too much.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Oh bigjon trying to be a big man...

bigjon said:
ok, I'm back.

you do realize it is very possible to get within 5% with a 1% sample if you take they sample from unbiased representive sources.

I will give you an example- When I was in college for a statistics project I got the data of types of cars people owned on my campus(ford, honda, etc) and my sample was VERY small compared to the total population(like .0000001%). But do you what I found? My sample was with 10% of that of the national statistics based hard retailer sales.

10% is huge is VGC really had that much. And yes NDP is probably perfect for their 60%, but the problem is that Walmart makes up for the rest. And since they are making an estimate to what walmart is selling but have no data they are making and nothing more than an educated guess. They are making this "guess" based on historical data, which I pointed out would be irrelevant in the changing marketplace. I believe walmart Walmart is throwing off their numbers by ALOT. I am not gonna pull numbers out of my rear, but I am gonna guess where you see NDP high and VGC low(and Vice Versa) you can bet that it would be somewhere in the middle.

Can you please point me to where you got the business practices information about NPD?  I would like to see how they actually do gather their data and not take your word for it.

I am not gonna get into a piss fight with you.
Read my post, reply intelligently then we can move on from there.

(ps- were you beat up a school much when you were younger? I could swear people that acted like you used to get their @sses handed to them...back in the day of course)

Congrats to sony,,I am happy for them,,,they really had a tough year,and it seems that they are coming through.

And guys don't go off topic about VGC vs NDP in this thread,,go make a new one and discuss it there please,we might all come there and talk about it ,but it's irrelevant to this post.

Around the Network

@auron

I have to do something quick will reply later

bigjon said:

(ps- were you beat up a school much when you were younger? I could swear people that acted like you used to get their @sses handed to them...back in the day of course)

Man your hysterical... I did get jumped once by piece of shit jocks like you but thats only because i beat the ever living piss out of one of their "crew" 5 on 2 and i still walked away with just a busted eye.... tisk tisk.(and they were 18 when i was 15 pathetic if you ask me)

PooperScooper said:
bigjon said:

Man your hysterical... I did get jumped once by piece of shit jocks like you but thats only because i beat the ever living piss out of one of their "crew" 5 on 2 and i still walked away with just a busted eye.... tisk tisk.(and they were 18 when i was 15 pathetic if you ask me)

wow, you are a tough guy it seems? Too bad people like you only talk from behind a computer.

They are being serious about what they posted, but you seem to lack intelligence and thus reply with shit and offensive comments.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Naw actually if you were smart enough to read the other comments you'd be able to see bigjon is going in a jockish roid rage.(minus the rage)

If there were more Wiis, then the ps3 would never be close to selling more.