By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo 3DS: I AM BUYING IT!!!

Are u going to get the new 3DS?

YES!!!!! 176 47.96%

NOO!!! 97 26.43%

Depends on the exclusive games... 94 25.61%

Total:367
piete said:
garretslarrity said:
piete said:
Definitively, in a couple of years' time. First, I will buy a 3DS (or XL) at a discount, since I'm still playing a big backlog on my venerable DS Lite (just bought a new one last year).

Wow.

Having kids means not having too much free time, at least it helps avoiding the costs of being early adopter ;)

I'm pretty sure the costs of having kids dwarfs the cost of being an early adopter.  I'm no expert, that's just my guess.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
BlackyCat said:
I think the name of this new console will be a problem... they should have made a different name ( same mistake as for the wii u ).

Yeah "New Nintendo 3DS" could definitely cause some confusion. I don't know why they didn't just copy the DS last gen and name it the 3DSi.

Yes, i can't stop thinking of those parents who want to choose a 3ds for their sons and can't understand which one to choose and will choose the one which won't work with the game they bought.

Day 1 for me, it is so cool.

i hope it will come to Europe early next year, i don't want to wait.

Awesome :) I can't wait to purchase one ;)

I do have an original 3DS so i'll probably sell that and get the "new XL" one.

Check out my site: http://www.agamingwebsite.blogspot.com/

Currently playing: Bayonetta, Destiny (barely), Fantasy Life

Probably Getting: Bravely Second, Devil's Third, Final Fantasy 15, Final Fantasy Explorers, Super Smash Bros U, Star Fox U, The Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda U

Around the Network
BlackyCat said:

Yes, i can't stop thinking of those parents who want to choose a 3ds for their sons and can't understand which one to choose and will choose the one which won't work with the game they bought.

When this launches Im sure they will phase out the old models so when someboy asks their parents for the New 3DS they will get the New 3DS

I only bought an XL last year so i'm definitely not buying one. I hope not many games will be exclusive on this 'new' system.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

another great naming job by nintendo. not confusing to parents and grand parents at all.

no im not. im happy with the one i have now.

garretslarrity said:
piete said:
garretslarrity said:
piete said:
Definitively, in a couple of years' time. First, I will buy a 3DS (or XL) at a discount, since I'm still playing a big backlog on my venerable DS Lite (just bought a new one last year).

Wow.

Having kids means not having too much free time, at least it helps avoiding the costs of being early adopter ;)

I'm pretty sure the costs of having kids dwarfs the cost of being an early adopter.  I'm no expert, that's just my guess.

You're totally right. Good thing is that I manage to save at least in something :) Bad thing is that choosing between another box of diapers or a new game, there is no choice ;(

Carpe diem!

I was getting ready to sell my old 3DS anyway. Never bought an XL yet. Guess this'll be it! HA!