By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 DLC is selling like Hot CAKES!

WhiteEaglePL said:
Dude. In EU store it was sold out moments after they showed up on the internet.

Now all we can do is hope they get ADVERTISED DURING HOLIDAY SEASON OR ELSE!!!!!!

I think it will..  But i hope they get some amiibo funktion in the game to for cristmas.. 

New Mariokart bundle incomming.. WiiU + Upad + Wiimote  +  Mariokart + dlc + wheel + 1 "special" amiibo..

Around the Network

Yeah this DLC is gonna sell very well. I pre ordered it as soon as I first read about it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Have been buzzing round the tracks as Pink Yoshi in the Silver Arrow this afternoon...

Normally I ignore payd dlc, because mostly it seems like a total rip-off to me, and yes the Mario Kart DLC is no exception to that. Still I bought the two packs, for the love of Nintendo I guess...

WhiteEaglePL said:
Dude. In EU store it was sold out moments after they showed up on the internet.

Now all we can do is hope they get ADVERTISED DURING HOLIDAY SEASON OR ELSE!!!!!!

The ones who would get the game for the Zelda DLC, probably would had seen it already via internet, or heard it from somebody because of all the buzz that is going either, and this does get shown in the roster of MK8, once you do the recent update, so people would one day or another learn about it. Though I do imagine,we will probably see something about it, in a Holiday MK8 commercial.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network

Yeah, around two thirds were Mercedes Karts and around one fourth used colored Yoshis or Shy Guys.

I preordered the DLC and used the W25 yesterday, but I'm going back to the Sport Bike because Karts are terrible for me.

I bought the game for £50 - 30 characters, 32 tracks
I bought the DLC for £11 - 6 characters + 16 character variations, 16 tracks

The game is the rip-off, the DLC was perfectly priced in my opinion, and I'm glad they focused mainly on real content (new tracks) rather than fluff (new characters and karts), though of course an amount of both is welcome.