By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XB1 below 50k this week

teigaga said:
eva01beserk said:
teigaga said:

Its still a pretty sure bet. Remember the Wii U  dropped to 20k during its lowest weeks... Respectively the Xbox is doing more then 2x what the Wii U was doing, if you pay close attention to sales, you really wouldn't put any bets on the Wii U being second. Obon week and a Major release gave the Wii U a 8k boost in Japan last week and that has since faded based mediacreate's data. The system sales is continually falling in Europe just like the Xbox's and its about fall below 20k in USA.

The Xbox and Wii U will be 5k apart next week and the Xbox Hasn't had a flagship release since Watchdogs or an exclusive since March. Do you really think its gonna stay behind the Wii U Wordwide? Lets imagine that when it launches in all territories in september they add an additional 3k to its baseline, the Wii U's lead will mostly be diminshed without the Xbox having had any new games. Finally we know for a fact Destiny, Madden, Fifa, Assassins Creed, Sunset Overdrive are all gonna have some positive effect on its baseline between september and october. Whether its 10k or 50k boost we don't yet know, but it won't take much for it to surpass the Wii U again. Beyonetta may push some systems but otherwise we're waiting till November for the WIi U to see another significant push in terms of hardware.

This summer will be the Xbox One's lowest just look at the games coming out.... In short its really not surprising that one systems lowest baseline (Xbox One 45k), is slightly below another systems highest (Wii U 60k) 

Because the wii u only has that game coming out, right? The thing is that all those games you think will bump x1 are multyplats that generaly dont help the x1, (1)so even if  a bump is seen it wont be significant. Reasons are that they will sell great software on the consoles already purchased, (2) but people interested on that game will not pick up the inferior console, for the same price to get that game.

Now everybody knows exclusives move a lot more hardware then multiplats. So even if sunset overdrive looks bleek and wont move much, and (3)everybody interested in halo MCC probably already bought the console, they will still move a lot more hardware then multiplats, even that huge list of multiplats combined won move more hardware than these 3 exclusives combined. This is where the wii u will shine. When the x1 releases those 3 games sunset overdrive, halo, quantom brake, that are all shooters atracting the same audience, (4) the wii u will release sonic,smash,bayonneta,hyrule wariors, mario kart, camptain toad, mario maker, devils third, skylanders, and more than I remember, and since exclusives move more hardware, even niche titles like some think to brand nintendo games, they will have a lot more positive affect on hardware then the x1.

So no, the x1 is likely to dip below 40k, while the wii u will be over 80k next year. The holiday boost will come crashing down on january for the x1, so it will be more humiliating.

1. As I said the Xbox won't need a significant bump to start outpacing the Wii U.

2.Yes, some will. They are called Xbox Fans and they exist, even if many are shifting to PS4.  For example Watchdogs provided a 27% boost to Xbox One sales (also available on 360 and Ps4), Imagine that but on an almost weekly basis because thats how often big releases are going to be occuring on Xbox starting september. Also AC is next gen exclusive and COD comes with a pretty impressive bundle.

3. lol, thats like saying everybody who was interested in Mario Kart probably bought a Wii U at launch. Silly.

4. Remember how many systems Pikmin 3 sold, or Wonderful 101, or Sonic Lost Worlds? Oh right, they didn't sell much at all. The only game on that list is a garunteed system seller is Smash Bros. I will bet sooo much money that Assassins Creed and COD pushes more systems then pretty much all of those exclusives bar Smash Bros.

P.S: Devils 3rd looks so bad, I can't believe people are even entertaining the idea tha the game will sell...

1. Thts you auming the wii u wont have any bump at all. What good did the wach dogs bump do to the x1? Still got beaten by the wii u.

2. I remember well the WD bump. It lasted for one week, then the numbers where sad again to below 40k. While the mario kart bump lasted for almost 3 months. The same I expect for every multyplat and exclusive for x1, a week or 2 bump, then back to horrible sales and it wont even be that big of a bump. While nintendo games, even if they dont push that much in the begining, they sell well for months and sometimes years.

3. The only diference is that xbox is halo, anybody who wants an xbox has to have halo in mind when they buy it, then to a lesser degre gears. There is nothing else that stands out in any xbox console. While nintendo have many heavy hitters that come from 30 years ago, like mario, zelda, starfox, metroid, f-zero, pikmin dokey kong and more. Halo was anounced before the console came out, so all the fans got it in anticipation, while nintendo has not release all the haeavy hitter or even anounced them so people can wait.

4. True, all those dint move a lot. Can be atributed to many factors like the ps4/x1 war, to many droughts that plagued the wii u, launch price was high, poor advertisement, but now all those things are gone and the sales are up. Another thing, each alone wont move a lot of consoles, but I bet combined they will move a lot this holiday. And if you like to put out numbers, how many consoles did titanfall moved? o right a 2 week boost then fell of the map. Unlike nintendo games wich push consoles for a long time.

Devils third is still an exclusive and theres nothing like it on the wii u, so it might do ok, it might even atract some people who love those types of games and are not completly sold on the wii u.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

remenber this month "SEPTEMBER"

september will be the month ps4 destroy xbox one sales.

white ps4 bundle with destiny easy to sell 1 million worldwide.

Ka-pi96 said:
eva01beserk said:

You do realise that watchdogs game the ps4 like a month of boost and on the x1 was like a one week thing then droped below 40k againg untill the $400 sku released? Do you consider  27% for one week impresive? Did it beat the wii u that week with that boost? Or how about a complete exclusive like titanfall, wich gave it a boost for like 2 weeks then droped to sad levels, was that a huge boost? All multyplats will give it a minor boost, but most likely wont pass the first week, so that its insignificant and wont beat the wii u that way. Next year will be below 40k most of the year.

WDs will be the first of many. Destiny will be brutal for the x1.

Launch games? Thats just stupid. If it launched with only one game it would still do great cuz of the new console hype, so that proves nothing. And also, those lauch games came with a few exclusive, so all those sales where split betwen them.

So you admit that multiplats do move Xbox Ones then?

It doesn't really matter if PS4 gets a bigger boost, Xbox One IS getting a boost from them and that's what counts

never denied it. It just that (if your familiar witht the term)the boobs will be huge for them, and wont really outsell the wii u for a one week bost that is very tiny.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I'm more amazed that Wii U may actually take second place :O

eva01beserk said:

never denied it. It just that (if your familiar witht the term)the boobs will be huge for them, and wont really outsell the wii u for a one week bost that is very tiny.

Best typo ever!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
eva01beserk said:

Best typo ever!

Not a typo I meant boobs. Someone sugested that front loaded sales should be refered as having big boobs. Dont remember the name of the guy who sugested it, but I thought it was hilarious.

eva01beserk said:
RealGamingExpert said:

Best typo ever!

Not a typo I meant boobs. Someone sugested that front loaded sales should be refered as having big boobs. Dont remember the name of the guy who sugested it, but I thought it was hilarious.

Okay.

This should be a thing now.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Xbone has to take off during the end of year. Not sure MS shareholders will accept to bleed money like that very long.

So The One won the most important market.

And with Brazil and Australia, they have the most important EU markets as well.

The age of Sony is done.

No day,there has not been a game since titanfall to increase sales.wait till late September cuss that's when the x1 exclusives will start showing up, starting with forza, October project spark and sunset overdrive,November halo,and while cod is not exclusive its numbers is greatly pointy towards a healthy x1number increase