By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 16th August HW up; + adjustments; PS4 at 9.9M

kitler53 said:
Augen said:
Major adjustment, curious how it breaks down per region in regards to the 500K.

adjustments per region as follows:

USA:  0

Europe: 0

Japan: 0

Other: remainder.

looks to me like ioi just dumped the numbers into others to save face.

I don't get it. ioi says that they're within 100k in Europe, but looking a German numbers alone, it seems clear to me that Europe accounts for a good chunk of those missing sales. 250k+

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

PS4 - 146k

Wii U - 64k

XB1 - 48k

O_O - has the X1 ever dropped below 50K?

Sometime pre Titanfall I think

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

WiiU back above 60k! :D

Xbox under 50k? Damn

alrightiwill said:
Clyde32 said:

ioi already explained it. You can't just throw in numbers randomly.

Yeah he did say that. But that's exactly what they have done today. Just put 500k consoles in to a god knows where section.

My guess is PS4 is extremely poorly tracked in Europe and is actually much more dominant in smaller countries with poorer tracking. Just of word of mouth, here in Ireland, PS4 is easily the more popular console and still pretty hard to pick one up

Check earlier on in the year. There were adjustments from a while back. 

Augen said:
kitler53 said:
Augen said:
Major adjustment, curious how it breaks down per region in regards to the 500K.

adjustments per region as follows:

USA:  0

Europe: 0

Japan: 0

Other: remainder.

looks to me like ioi just dumped the numbers into others to save face.

Hmmm, I thought he specifically said he would not do that.  Hard for me to believe all 500K were outside NA, EU and JP.

i track the numbers past and present and that's what i'm seeing.  there is, i suppose, a chance that adjustments just haven't fully propigated through the database yet but historically speaking when i can see the lastest week updated here (http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41868/USA/) i can also see the adjustments to previous weeks.

as it stands,..  from aug 9th and backwards there are no changes to the numbers for ps4 in the big three regions.

Around the Network
alrightiwill said:

Yeah he did say that. But that's exactly what they have done today. Just put 500k consoles in to a god knows where section.

It really isn't a hard concept. There isn't a "god knows where section". Pro users are getting the detailed information that we don't get, so there has to be a pretty clear allocation to those countries.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

God I'm so excited for the coming bold predictions :)

"PS4 will outsell X1 every week this year"

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

CGI-Quality said:

PS4 - 146k

Wii U - 64k

XB1 - 48k

O_O - has the X1 ever dropped below 50K?

Yes, before the price cut I believe.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

jnemesh said:
bananaking21 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
9.9m?

It will be 10.2m easily by now.

yeah i dont know why they put it at 9.9 either, specially since sony numbers were as of 10th of august and these are as of the 16th. its like they dont want to show the 10m+ for the PS4

I don't think the site likes the idea of PS4 dominating so thoroughly.  It seems they have a bias towards the Xbox...as they consistantly overtrack XBox numbers and undertrack PS4...but the idea that they continue this farce even AFTER Sony announces official numbers is ludicrous!

Funny enough, I thought exactly the same. 

Also why sales graph order puts WiiU 1st, Xbone 2nd and PS4 3rd, it did make sense for most of the last generation, when Wii was 1st, xbox360 2nd etc., but keep that order now doesnt seem right.

Yafea said:
PS4 is on fire. It'll be around 12-15 million easily by the end of the year.

It's currently sitting at aroung 10.2m so I'm sure it will reach AT LEAST 15m ... probably between 15 - 16m

The PS5 Exists.