By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What Are Your Thoughts About ISIS?

The people supporting and funding them now are suní states who are allies of US, like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc. (along with the US and EU goverments themselves in the past). So bombing their supporters, as some have suggested, is not possible because US and EU won't bomb themselves, nor their allies. The only hope is that the Kurds (the only leftist force in the region, who incorporates and respects women in equal conditions) can stop them with help of UN troops (but again, being the Kurds a "people without state" that spreads through Irak, Afghanistán and Turkey, will raise the question of their national sovereignity, with the claims for a Kurd state causing new conflicts in the region).

Around the Network

IS (formerly known as ISIS) are the Nazis of our time. If you watch any of their videos you will see what their agenda is. They want to violently overthrow all the Governments in the Middle East, North Africa and the 'Stans and create an Islamic Caliphate that runs from the West Coast of Africa all the way to the borders of India. Eventually they want to add other Muslim majority countries to their Totalitarian empire such as Bangladesh, Malaysia and Indonesia. Next Spain and Israel will be on their list as they were once part of a caliphate in the past.

In their Caliphate everyone will have to practice a Salafist brand of Sunni Islam which is extremely strict with severe punishments for not toeing the line. The only other religions permitted are from the 'People of the Book' which are Christians and Jews who will be given the choice to either convert or pay a protection tax or be killed.

You have to remember for Jihadis their project is long term. We are talking generations for them to achieve their aim and they have the patience for this.

IS is so brutal that even Al Qaeda found them to be too severe and they split from one another. What makes them especially dangerous is they use social media effectively and seem to be highly motivated, well trained and financed. They are far too dangerous and inhumane for the world to ignore.

one journalist gets beheaded and the world goes mad without acknowledging that acts like these are acts of retaliation for far more extreme destruction that is wrought against countries like iraq and syria

i consider something like this

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/19/us-depleted-uranium-weapons-civilian-areas-iraq

http://rt.com/news/iraq-depleted-uranium-health-394/

far more wide reaching and destructive

ofcourse I'm not scared, they are a danger to anyone living in the same area, but not to people far away

and they will never be able to realize their ambitions, because unlike the Nazis they never managed to appeal to the common people by hiding their true nature for a good decade

they will attract several hundred people per year with their way, but now that the US openly is taking actions against them many will fall and the rest will be forced to scatter and hide until they can regroup in the next destabilized country

o_O.Q said:
one journalist gets beheaded and the world goes mad without acknowledging that acts like these are acts of retaliation for far more extreme destruction that is wrought against countries like iraq and syria

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/19/us-depleted-uranium-weapons-civilian-areas-iraq

they killed some americans, they killed faaaaar faaaaaar faaaaaar more locals

this is not retaliation against outsiders, it's a try to oppress the locals

Baalzamon said:
Didn't the US themselves train ISIS soldiers?

and there's also that the same as what happened with saddam hussein

the fact of the matter is that all of these conflicts occur by design

Around the Network

its ironic though lol

you read this thread and the replies are "bomb them" "nuke them"... then what?

what happens when you kill off most of them in addition to 1000s of innocent civilians?

won't the friends, relatives, progeny etc etc etc of the dead form another ISIS? isn't that how ISIS itself formed?

when you look at it its like a cycle

Lafiel said:

ofcourse I'm not scared, they are a danger to anyone living in the same area, but not to people far away

and they will never be able to realize their ambitions, because unlike the Nazis they never managed to appeal to the common people by hiding their true nature for a good decade

they will attract several hundred people per year with their way, but now that the US openly is taking actions against them many will fall and the rest will be forced to scatter and hide until they can regroup in the next destabilized country

o_O.Q said:

they killed some americans, they killed faaaaar faaaaaar faaaaaar more locals

this is not retaliation against outsiders, it's a try to oppress the locals

even if i did take mainstream propaganda mean't to manipulate you into justifying the actions of the united states seriously... so did america so isn't criticising them hypocrisy?

Invade, destroy them and put a long term international force there because you know an other group will appear if the region is left alone, that region is so mess up we are beginning to see why dictators like saddam hussein and bachar el assad are necessary in those places.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

My thoughts about ISIS, "don't mess around with those guys".  You heard it here first.

chapset said:
Invade, destroy them and put a long term international force there because you know an other group will appear if the region is left alone, that region is so mess up we are beginning to see why dictators like saddam hussein and bachar el assad are necessary in those places.

I think the americans will be forced to give in and support the Kurds in their strive to create an official Kurdistan.

The american fear with that probably is, that the Shiite part of a shattered Iraq might unite with Iran in time (not imediatly, but in the following decades).