By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Over 90 servers set up for Frontlines Launch

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93552

"THQ has lined up over 90 dedicated Xbox 360 servers for Frontlines: Fuel of War's launch in Europe and the USA, which launches here on 29th February.

The publisher has also confirmed what developer Kaos Studios said the other week - that the game will support over 50 players on 360.

The first map to do so will be Village, which begins as a close-quarters fight through small buildings before graduating into an open battlefield as said buildings are blown apart by the battle.

THQ says that other maps will be opened up for 50-player combat once demand has reached a point where additional dedicated servers need to be brought online, which seems sensible."

Around the Network

Hm weird. I thought it got some pretty bad reviews.

Hope it is good. Game sounded kickass to me.

About damn time the 360 gets a decent game that supports more than 16 people xD, I just really REALLY hope Frontlines ends up being good :) It certainly shows promise ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I dunno, Unreal Engine 3 + tons of stuff going on = lag unless they prove me wrong.

This game looks pretty cool, but I'd like to see how it does on PC lagwise.

edit: Wait...this is a Windows Live game isn't it...well screw that...I'm not paying for PC multiplayer.  Might be better suited as a 360 game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wow. Is the game going to sell that much? I see a lot of wasted servers.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I dunno, Unreal Engine 3 + tons of stuff going on = lag unless they prove me wrong.

This game looks pretty cool, but I'd like to see how it does on PC lagwise.

edit: Wait...this is a Windows Live game isn't it...well screw that...I'm not paying for PC multiplayer. Might be better suited as a 360 game.

I'm just glad it's not 50 people going at it P2P xD could you immagine :3

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I think it got a 7 something on IGN. I was hoping it would be awesome...like mercinaries online! Oh well...

i was kinda sad to see it go away from PS3, but i was looking forward to RSV2 more so no big deal. but its koo that they have so many servers, but would that really help if people connect from all over the world? and i also cant wait to see the reviews talking bout the frame rates.... 50 ppl in a room .....mmmmm

I like how the game looks even though i dislike shooters. So we will see how it ends up looking.

antfromtashkent said:
i was kinda sad to see it go away from PS3, but i was looking forward to RSV2 more so no big deal. but its koo that they have so many servers, but would that really help if people connect from all over the world? and i also cant wait to see the reviews talking bout the frame rates.... 50 ppl in a room .....mmmmm

I really hope devs can begin to make lag free games with tons of people. Warhawk has done an awsome job with completely lag free 32 players. I hope these guys can pull off 50 lag free, cuz if these guys can do it Im sure Insomniac can pull off 60 with no lag for Resistance 2.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937