By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why Microsoft will not win even In US & UK

I think PS4 will win in US and Europe but not Japan

Around the Network

Halo was big since XB and it didn't help XB to outsell PS2 so i don't see why this time Halo will make XB ONE outselling PS4

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Time is certainty working against the XBO and so far I am not too convinced it's fortunes are about to change soon. Halo is a massive franchise and that will certainly help the XBO, but if they want to win back the US, they're going to need a lot more "Halos".

I am a Sony-Guy becaus of JPRG, but i do not think that PS4 had the US in the bag, it seems that people forget that the X360 has catch the almighty Wii in the US when the 7 gen was over.

jerky99 said:
I am a Sony-Guy becaus of JPRG, but i do not think that PS4 had the US in the bag, it seems that people forget that the X360 has catch the almighty Wii in the US when the 7 gen was over.

But many people forget ps1 and ps2 dominate US and ps4 performence look closer to PS2 then PS3

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

I been saying this before last generation ended.I knew this would happen.It was obvious that MS does not have that many dedicated fans as Sony,but the circumstances were in their favor.

waza2323 said:

Sorry, you are wrong.

Xbox One is only 670k units behind in US despite all the bad press, negative PR, arrogant and mixed messages, $100 more price point.

Despite this, many games have still sold more on xbox one than ps4 in US with much higher attach rate, like call of duty ghosts and battlefield 4.

With price parity now at $399, upcoming holiday bundles, Halo MCC, and next year Halo 5, Xbox will win US and UK.

Now, I can agree that xbox one will not win anywhere close to the margin that xbox 360 spanked ps3 (by 17 million) but in the end, Xbox will win US and UK while PS4 wins globally.

This site never fails to underestimate Halo. Sony has nothing even close to it that will appeal to the US and UK market who love shooters. Halo is a true system seller and by the time holiday 2015 comes along and beyond, MS will start to gear up even more with potential price cuts, even more bundles and maybe gears of war collection.

finally a reasonable person.

I've been telling this to people forever, even had a thread, but it got closed for no valid reasons.

Titanfall on X1 in the US sold more than any PS4 game.

Hmm.......no, it depends what happens by end of 2015.

That's where a lot will be set in stone.

It probably won't win, but it will keep a good presence like the PS3 did which will be important for when the next gen consoles get released in a decade or so.

You are right, Xbox won't outsell PS4 in any area this generation. The word of mouth, price difference and the fact that all your friends will get one will ensure that the PS4 will stay on top. Also the fact that you need to pay 60 dollars for each online means that you won't be getting gamers dropping the PS4 for the Xbox one. They also don't have system sellars that will sway people to buy the Xbox one over the PS4.

Once you realise consumers habve no brand loyalty whatsoever, you will realise why Xbox one has no chance