By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Deadliest Catch announced for 360/PC (This has to be a joke...)

it has good graphics

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

This game has got to be worth a rent, i want this on Wii for $19.99 and i will get it no problem.

finally, a decent 360 game!

History Channel has "History Channel Civil War"

So why would Discovery having a game be that far fetched?

I'm kind of curious of how the game will play, who knows maybe it could be a good budget game.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

YESSSSS!!!! Finally, the wait is over!

Let the crab fisherman genre open with a bang Whooooo-hooooo! My dreams are answered!

I want to kick someone in the face right now. Badly.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Holy shit at those graphics. I mean, how the hell did they get the water to look that good?

Crysis now looks like dogshit.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

it still looks more interesting than endless boredom.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

WOW! Luckily they'll release it also for PC, otherwise I would have been forced to buy a 360!

Bad news for 360, had it secured the exclusive, it'd have grabbed billions of buyers!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

*360 fans laugh and make fun of*

*Find out it has easy achievements and all rent/buy in shame*

Come on, you know this is possible for lots of people.

Ironically the game could have real potential. Name one fishing game where a member of the crew could get swept overboard to their death, or the fishermen break into a fist fight, and try to toss the loser over. This could actually end up being a entertaining simulation. There is actually potential here for a little human drama. All they need to do is keep the shows rough edges. Imagine having to sort out fights between the crew, or the frustration of losing the game by not finding a good spot. Imagine having to form relationships with other captains or else, but if you don't and find a good spot its all yours.

I am not defending the game, but I will wait to see some previews for it. There is potential for the game to be strong in a weak genre. Someone buys golf games, Wii sports, Wii play, Wii fit, and fishing games. So there is obviously a market for this. I think the most important thing for this game to do is be really harsh in presentation which is supposedly what the show is about a harsh job.

I think the game needs to live up to its name. I would want the game to live up to its name, and if it does that it could probably be entertaining. Imagine your best sea hand getting lost because the new punk ties a line wrong, and the old guy gets sent overboard to a frozen death. That could raise some real moral choices in a game. For instance if you push the new kid overboard nobody would report you, and it would earn you the loyalty of your crew. However if you lose him too you might miss your quota.

Admit it if this game were that true to reality it might be worth considering. Especially if it doesn't arrive costing sixty dollars. For sixty dollars I would expect the right to pirate other crab ships, and take crow bars to my crew as they sleep, but for twenty bucks if the game lives up to its name it might be worth picking up on a larf.