By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 187k, XBO: 131k, Wii U: 81k

CGI-Quality said:
jlmurph2 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Overtracked? O_O

VGC overtracked all 8th gen console for month of July?

Yeah...205k PS4, 139k XB1 92k Wii U.

Did I mess up something?

Nope. Just quite shocking!

Its just weird to me though. We're getting numbers from the 3 biggest markets yet over 700k just slips through the cracks in about 3 months?

Around the Network

I Expect more for PS4...

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
come on... Ps4 did great!!

and XboxONE above expectations, WiiU is at most ''fine'' with some positive thinking... at least it's an improvement

What were your expectations? VGC put it at 139K and I thought that was pretty reasonable, so 131K is pretty much in the ballpark of expectation.

PS4 OTOH is a wee bit low. Either TLOUR didn't do much for PS4, or the first weeks of July were on the low side while people waited for TLOUR to come out. Still only 18K overtracked isn't too big of a difference between VGC and NPD. Doesn't even really warrant any sort of adjustment given NPD dos have an error rate as well.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Well we must realize that only Sony has the actual NPD numbers of the their consoles ( which they never publish ) and the numbers that we are using is essentially speculation so there is a margin for error there as well

So PS4 overtracked. That's what you get for constantly complaining that the PS4 is undertracked.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
jlmurph2 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Nope. Just quite shocking!

Its just weird to me though. We're getting numbers from the 3 biggest markets yet over 700k just slips through the cracks in about 3 months?

Very weird!

Yes, but tracking outside of those 3 markets is very spotty, clearly PS4's other 50-odd markets have been selling at about 15% more than VGC has been estimating. That's not all that bad of an error rate for markets where VGC tracking is minimal to non-existant.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Very weak PS4 month if true. What was the talk about PS4/X1 being 380k combined? Based on some false info?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

The first time, i have predict 175K for PS4 this month (by 18 July 2014)... after the "PS4 sell 10 million" i have changed my prediction with 250K... damn, i was agree. :/

NPD July sales:

PS4 - 187K
XBO - 131K

NPD June sales:

PS4 - 269K
XBO - 197K

NPD June sales (if 4-weeks):

PS4 - 215K
XBO - 158K

CGI-Quality said:
eFKac said:
Very weak PS4 month if true. What was the talk about PS4/X1 being 380k combined? Based on some false info?

People keep saying it's "weak" without perspective. Remember that it just came off of a 5-week month, The Last Of Us:R had less than 4 days worth of sales for the entire month, and this is the slowest period of the year (the PS4's first July, in fact).

Considering all of that, it's not as bad as you'd think.

People say weak exactly because they talk from a perspective. I mean damn CGI, we're talking PS4 here, I won't settle for mediocrity. 

And it had The Last of Us, which had 5 days worth of sales, NPD counts until August 2nd, in which I assume the bulk of hardware shifting occured. Not very encouraging. 

August is gonna be weak ass it seems, with the Destiny bundle stalling the hardware sales.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!