By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 187k, XBO: 131k, Wii U: 81k

Soundwave said:

In the US, Japanese RPGs are niche. Outside of Final Fantasy and Pokemon they've never sold well here, and Final Fantasy is on a pretty steep decline. 

Except for Dragon Quest, Kingdom of Hearts, Tales of, Xenoblade, Star Ocean, Persona, and others (not that they all sell equally well). Its may not be central mainstream like FPS but its certainly no more niche than most other RPGs that aren't Skyrim. Also I wouldn't even really considered Xenoblade Chronicles all that "j" in its RPG.

Final Fantasy is on decline for having produced three very mediocre to bad games. JRPGs are common place now, hardly niche, they just come in so many arrays of quality and cultural barriers that few of them ever take off to be much of anything.

Around the Network

83 or 81?

chocoloco said:
RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:

Wow... That is not funny How late is it in Germany?

It's early. Almost 7 a.m. now.

Damn... No wonder Euros watch Eastern early football games more than late games.

I've been awake since 9PM yesterday. I'm still fresh.

How was that not funny? I really tried this time :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Still no numbers? Damn.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Is it possible we are not getting any numbers because the other consoles didn't sell any units?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
chapset said:
Is it possible we are not getting any numbers because the other consoles didn't sell any units?

But that would mean PS4 = xbox family which mean someone upstream has been lying.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Is it possible there are no numbers because of all those data leaked last month? Maybe the "insiders" are pissed because they were made irrelevant last time?

Vita < 17K

We alreadly know that rigth?

WiiU + X1 < PS4 + PS3

360 + X1< PS4

single SKU > 100K

1.LoU:R
2.MK8
3. Minecraft 360
4. Minecraft PS3

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

justiceiro said:

Vita < 17K

WiiU + X1 < PS4 + PS3

360 + X1< PS4

single SKU > 100K

2.MK8
3. Minecraft 360
4. Minecraft PS3

Also X1+PS4 ~384k

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
justiceiro said:

Vita < 17K

WiiU + X1 < PS4 + PS3

360 + X1< PS4

single SKU > 100K

2.MK8
3. Minecraft 360
4. Minecraft PS3

Also X1+PS4 ~384k

Just woke up so I didn't follow all hints.

Does that "single SKU > 100k" apply to hardware?

If so, then "X1+PS4 ~ 384k" means that PS4 > 284?

Anyway, glad I slept through the whole NPD, I see I missed nothing...