By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Fanboys And Their Insufferable Double Standards

bubblegamer said:
Viper1 said:
Keep it civil or this thread gets locked. Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood Viper.

Why wait though? Is the title not enough?

Thought I'd give a few minutes for a benefit of doubt in the hopes a quality debate may blossom.

Actually, I never believed that.   I just wanted to see how many more posts would pop up ignoring the warning.

And......closed.  Had the author of the article approached the topic with more class, we might have had a good thread.  

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

"when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you"

Somehow i think that quote is relevent here... i think somehow that anyone who really believes that someone who has a different preference somehow is inherently more flawed than someone who has a different preference has allowed their perception of their experiences to somehow corrupt them

in effect becoming that which they first set out to separate themselves from... if you claim that someone or a group is blinded by irrational hatred and then start to loose hold on your reasoning because of hatred derived from your hatred of them then how are you better? have you not become the same thing?...

JayWood2010 said:
Ninsect said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=188477&page=1

you know BK was sending that out yesterday too and i chose to ignore it.  I think what you and others arent realizing is that everybody knows fanboys from every group is annoying.  What people are saying is that the reaction wouldnt have been "as bad" as it was if Sony had done it.  People arent saying Xbox and Nintendo fans arent bad, we can all agree MSFT and nintendo fans are annoying as well.  What people are saying is that Sony fans are the worst.  And when i say fans, im talking hardcore fanboys, not a typical fan

With that said this thread really should be locked as its only going to end badly. I see no reason to have this up when all its going to do is cause arguments that will never be settled

Let me ask you a question.. no rather look at this scenario and  answer honestly.

Group A and Group B both go out and buy a game fromx company X. Group A buys 4M copies of the game and Group B buys 2M copies. then Company X makes the "much awaited sequel" of said game, then makes that game exclusive to Groub B. 

Now, do you feel Group A will be upset? and more importantly; don't you think there would be more of them being upset (considering more of them bought the first game to begin with)?

ErwinMoC said:
justgames7604 said:

Maybe but sony fans seem to be especially toxic, no matter what microsoft does they hate on it while praising sony for whatever they do. Sony did alot of shit to the xbox brand much worse then this tomb raider deal. They actively tried to kill xbox off, stopping devs and muscling them away from the platform (they did this to nintendo too) and they did it with probably 100s of games not just a timed exclusive. Where the first game would appear on all consoles and the sequeal annouced as ps2 exclusive.

Xbox fans have taken a back seat because the ps4 fans out number them and are now eating alot of humble pie. I think ps4 fans are especially vocal because alot used to be xbox gamers and made the switch and now have to justify their purchase.

"no matter what microsoft does they hate on it while praising sony for whatever they do"

You can apply that to any fanbase. 

Yea but this gen xbox fans have really ate that humble pie and then got another and had one shoved up their ass for good measure. They are much quieter than any fan base right now. Just look at this sight. Nearly no direct hate for sony or anything they have done (including from me) but everything and i mean everything ms has done, good or bad, extreme hate.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

Ka-pi96 said:
Poor Sony fanboys, they get so much hate

They deserve it ;) Really, back in the days Sony got alot of franchises from Nintendo and then they where not complaining about it. They got Final Fantasy in the Nintendo 64 era on PlayStation instead the Nintendo 64, and Metal Gear who was always on Nintendo consoles, and now they are just getting one game not at first and they complaining all the day and acting like Microsoft is the evil one in the gaming industry just because they made one exclusive TIMED deal with SE!!!

Around the Network

One trend I observed on VGC is that, whenever a thread is made specifically to criticize Sony rightfully or not, it immediately gets overloaded with with defensive and hateful posts that requires constant intervention of mods.

I got reported on for making a thread on a hot topic in Gamespot. Some users on PS blog were complaining to Naughty Dog that they felt they were being "nickeled and dimed". I got reported on just for making the thread, people started derailing it on the first couple of posts, I got personally attacked, etc...

I understand people passion for video games but to come to a point where you offend anyone for your company... you need to get some sun and wind on your face.