By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Games that don't have VGChartz hype written on them

I see a lot of people ask what everyone's top 10 games of 2008 are and I see the same list every time by almost everyone. It includes Smash Bros., Metal Gear Solid 4, Mario Kart, Crisis Core, Ninja Gaiden 2, Killzone 2, yadda yadda yadda. I like those games as much as the next guy, but it doesn't make for an interesting topic, because I'm sure most everyone could care less if everyone on this site wants to play Smash Bros.

I'm interested in your other top 10 list. The top 10 list of games that everyone on this site isn't crowing about all day long. If your games appear on the first page of any of these forums, it does not belong on this list. With that being said:

1. Backbreaker(360/PS3)

2. Braid(XBLA)

3. Bangai-O Spirits(DS)

4. Bleach DS 2(DS)

5. Blood Bowl(360/PC)

6. Monster Lab(Wii)

7. Warhammer: Battle March(360/PC)

8. Lost: Via Domus(360/PS3/PC)

9. Madden NFL 09(360/PS3)

10. Ikaruga(XBLA)

This topic makes for a good list of games that may have gone under the radar a bit on this site, or are against the norm of what we talk about here.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

What about "Wet", for PS3 and 360.

Yeah I keep forgetting about that Backbreaker, haven't heard alot about that game recently. I'll probably pick that up as anything that pushes EA to make a better football game is good in my books as I do prefer to play with the NFL license(see tag below).

And hmm a new Warhammer game, might have to google that. 

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

Lost: Via Domus sucks oh so much.

SeriousWB said:
Lost: Via Domus sucks oh so much.
You've played it? What's wrong with it? Granted I know it's not going to be an exceptional game as far as gameplay. I just really like Lost and was hoping for some good story portions and being able to explore the island.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

that list was wiggity wiggity wack.
we only hype the best.

except some psp fans who hype games that will sell only 100K

lol joke

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
that list was wiggity wiggity wack.
we only hype the best.

except some psp fans who hype games that will sell only 100K

lol joke

haha=)

http://2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/

Ok I did my part, I bought No More Heroes, but they were out of Zach and Wiki.

Ok got Zach and Wiki, now if I could just finally finish Twilight Princess so I can play all these Wii games I got waiting. And no I won't buy Okami.

DNF, now there is a game that should have been scrapped completely. Reminds me of a kid whose been in school for 12 years and still doesn't know what he wants to do. At one point you just need to man up and get a job.

I don't really have a list/order, but:

Mario Kart Wii, MGS4, FFXIII, GTAIV, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2, Gears 2, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Left 4 Dead, Wii Fit, Force Unleashed, and especially SSBB

(Yes, I TOTALLY just said those were the least hyped games here )

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
weezy said:
we only hype the best.

No, not really. Pretty much just any Wii game that isn't complete crap.

My list:

Ninja Gaiden 2

White Knight Story

Resident Evil 5

Grand Theft Auto IV

Tales of V'

Gears of War 2

Vgchartz really doesn't hype anything for it's gameplay. People on this site are more interested in how well the game is going to sell, or how many consoles the game will move. Not that many people actually care about games for their quality here. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Onyxmeth I haven't played it, but I'm subscribed to someone on Youtube that shows walkthroughs of games, usually before they are out.

The game is very short, and yet there are still glitches. They don't even use the real actors to voice the game which was annoying.