By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Crew coming to Xbox 360 no love for PS3

Mr Puggsly said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Weird, but good for 360 owners. But I doubt it'll sell much there anyways since it looks like most of the cross-gen games this year have sold more on PS4/XBO than PS3/X360.

True, but some genres still perform pretty well on 7th gen.

Shooting fans have obviously moved to next gen. Lots of sports fans still on 7th gen, maybe even racing fans.

EA's UFC is definitely a game that should have been cross gen.

From a business standpoint I agree UFC should have probably been cross-gen, but I am glad it wasn't. The faster the phase out last gen, the sooner we can get to experiences that weren't possible on PS3/X360.

As for sports fans, they'll probably slowly move over. They're usually the last ones to upgrade.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:

From a business standpoint I agree UFC should have probably been cross-gen, but I am glad it wasn't. The faster the phase out last gen, the sooner we can get to experiences that weren't possible on PS3/X360.

As for sports fans, they'll probably slowly move over. They're usually the last ones to upgrade.

I personally don't subscribe to the theory cross gen games hold back next gen games. We already know most games (even next gen exclusives) can be scaled back to 7th gen and still look decent.

Remember when people said 7th gen consoles couldn't do Witcher 2 or Crysis 1? Well they happened and were good ports.

In my opinion, a next gen experience is when a game's presentation is noticeably better than 7th gen capabilities.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I personally don't subscribe to the theory cross gen games hold back next gen games. We already know most games (even next gen exclusives) can be scaled back to 7th gen and still look decent.

Remember when people said 7th gen consoles couldn't do Witcher 2 or Crysis 1? Well they happened and were good ports.

In my opinion, a next gen experience is when a game's presentation is noticeably better than 7th gen capabilities.

It depends in my opinion. There are some games like NBA 2K14 which we saw the PS4/XBO versions looking remarkably better than the previous versions. That wasn't possible on PS3/X360. The gameplay was extremely similar, but the visuals weren't. And then there are others like ACIV that just looked like slightly better versions.

Plus we've only just started this gen. The Last of Us is much better looking game than Uncharted 1 was. I guess we'll have to wait and see how big of a leap this generation truly compared to last.

TheGoldenBoy said:

It depends in my opinion. There are some games like NBA 2K14 which we saw the PS4/XBO versions looking remarkably better than the previous versions. That wasn't possible on PS3/X360. The gameplay was extremely similar, but the visuals weren't. And then there are others like ACIV that just looked like slightly better versions.

Plus we've only just started this gen. The Last of Us is much better looking game than Uncharted 1 was. I guess we'll have to wait and see how big of a leap this generation truly compared to last.

Right, it just depends on what platform the presentation is built for. 8th gen graphics don't necessarily have to suffer because a 7th gen version exist.

I've been playing BF4 on X1 and its still one of the best looking games on that platform. I don't get the impression it was held back by PS360 versions.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ka-pi96 said:
Odd, but it may be the due to the difficulty of the cell.

What is this, fucking 2007?

Hardware owned:

PC, PS4, 3DS, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Most anticipated games (near to mid future):

Zelda U/NX
The Last Guardian