By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Week 32 (August 04 - 10)

Damn, dat Wii U boost...! Almost: Wii U > Ps3, Ps4, VitaTV and PSP

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Pavolink said:
tbone51 said:
Famitsu....

05./04. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156) - 14.130 / 542.070 <80-100%> (-9%)
05./05. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156) - 14.068 / 556.138 <80-100%> (+0%)
03./05. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156) - 17.633 / 573.771 <80-100%> (+25%)
03./03. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156) - 20.011 / 593.782 <80-100%> (+13%)
06./03. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156) - 21.654 / 615.436 <80-100%> (+8%)

LEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeGssssssssss :0

It's destroying 3DWorld. Impressive.

Mario Kart is more popular than 3D Mario, it is known.

Not on 3DS. Both are almost equal.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Whaaat? Gaming Discussion? Oh well, I apologize for that other thread :)

YK is a blessing for 3DS, it really needed that fantastic exposure to keep being relevant. Already 2m, and drops are rather small. And the first one is still charting.

MK8 is up, Pokemon is flat, and even MK 7 made an appearance in MC. Yoshi not doing that bad.

Lol at SK2, wondering how far can it crawl, port beggars will have a feast with this one.

That's a nice WiiU HW bump, it matches the sales of PS3+PS4, ....still sad, I was thinking that after MK8 and all the bundles it could have leveled at 13k, how mistaken I was.

Good job Wii U, keep it up you little tiger. Nintendo if they were wise would have secured a third party title to really keep things going. A FF, KH, DQXI or the like. Just like they did with MH4. It could give them domination for some time.

ktay95 said:
tbone51 said:
Kresnik said:
Might as well say what I said on GAF:

Senran Kagura bombed. No two ways about it. That's a terrible number.

Dont you think the word Bomb is overrated? I mean if This game bombed wat about many many many others? Not saying it did well because it did underperform (and its not like its a game i care for) but my god 46k  FW while the other 2 3ds games did 69k/51k.

I dont kno why but i think alot of people are blowing this out of the water. Seriously even if the game was expected to do 60k-80k, 46k isnt even half of that. 

Its GT6 all over again O.o, it didn't bomb, it underperformed!!! I could see if This game did under 20k to call it a flop/bomb, but its barely 10% down from the last game>_<

Yeah its overused but oh wells, underpreformed, bomed, basically the same thing =P

Also GT6 did bomb, HARD! But then again we all expected it to.

underperformed is simply stating that it did less than expected (no degree attached)
bombed is stating a complete failure.  If you think you underperformed on a test and you were expecting a 90 on the test, it can be anything under 90 points (including 89).  If you think you bombed a test, it generally means whatever score is considered a failure.  It has a degree attached to it, and a pretty severe one.  
Which is why I'm opposed to people always using it.  People here tend to exaggerate everything.  Like the power of the systems compared to others (with the console wars).  The relative sales numbers of hardware or software.  The mistakes or misunderstood decisions of X and Y company.

Around the Network
benao87 said:

Oops! Sorry about that! That's my fault. :S 

I'll ask a mod to move it. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

TGS better have something for the PS4.

MoHasanie said:
benao87 said:

Oops! Sorry about that! That's my fault. :S 

I'll ask a mod to move it. 

Moved.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

PS4... if only the rest of the world would open its eyes! :P

It will be interesting to see what happens come Hyrule release, though I don't expect to too much.

TheGoldenBoy said:
TGS better have something for the PS4.

I'm still predicting a new resident evil.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.