By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Week 32 (August 04 - 10)

tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

Well, I expect the Wii U to definitely get a boost because it's getting a new game. I just don't think the game is big enough to believe it had a pre-release boost.

Well how do we kno it didn't? Looking at Hardware sales last week, WiiU is the only one with a major boost. 3DS had 2 new game releases that makes sense for being up 3-4k, but WiiU had DQ which is another re release and didn't sell well at all. Yes i believe the holidays had an effect but i think a little thanks goes to HW. Wasnt WiiU Increasing Week over Week for 2-3 weeks as well?

If WiiU sales are over 20k i think its safe to say HW had a help in with pre release week sales :)  The matter of the fact is we all just have opinions but unfortunately no real facts :-/

For the reasons I gave earlier. It's unreasonable to believe so because nothing supports it. Which is why I said believing it did is wishful thinking. See, I don't how a larger boost supports your theory. If the HW boost was spread out, then you'd think there'd be a smaller one since HW isn't a big game. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Then it might of just been HW :) 

Or because includes the main portion of Obon (13th-15th).

That too or just Obon. I just notice Hardware sales and only WiiU benefited most from it :0

tbone51 said:

That too or just Obon. I just notice Hardware sales and only WiiU benefited most from it :0

It kept PS4 above 5000!

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

Well, I expect the Wii U to definitely get a boost because it's getting a new game. I just don't think the game is big enough to believe it had a pre-release boost.

Well how do we kno it didn't? Looking at Hardware sales last week, WiiU is the only one with a major boost. 3DS had 2 new game releases that makes sense for being up 3-4k, but WiiU had DQ which is another re release and didn't sell well at all. Yes i believe the holidays had an effect but i think a little thanks goes to HW. Wasnt WiiU Increasing Week over Week for 2-3 weeks as well?

If WiiU sales are over 20k i think its safe to say HW had a help in with pre release week sales :)  The matter of the fact is we all just have opinions but unfortunately no real facts :-/

For the reasons I gave earlier. It's unreasonable to believe so because nothing supports it. Which is why I said believing it did is wishful thinking. See, I don't how a larger boost supports your theory. If the HW boost was spread out, then you'd think there'd be a smaller one since HW isn't a big game. 

How about pikmin 3?

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Then it might of just been HW :) 

Or because includes the main portion of Obon (13th-15th).

Probably a mix of both plus a few other factors.  Only the 3DS received a boost as well and it was minor by comparison and largely attributable to 2 new games.

PS3, PS4, Vita and Vita TV all saw drops from the previous week.   That's unusual for Obon where usually all consoles see some increases...not decreases.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

Probably a mix of both plus a few other factors.  Only the 3DS received a boost as well and it was minor by comparison and largely attributable to 2 new games.

PS3, PS4, Vita and Vita TV all saw drops from the previous week.   That's unusual for Obon where usually all consoles see some increases...not decreases.

It's certainly plausible that Hyrule Warriors is moving some systems, and I agree that the WiiU boost this week sticks out.

I still just kinda feel like we're going through the traditional "Nintendo holiday boost" this week and the reason 3DS didn't see as big a boost is because it's reaching saturation point (and while I realise it had some big games, they're both sequels to stuff already on the system).

It's going to be difficult to put any weight behind either viewpoint because of Obon getting in the way of any theoretical HW boost.  I'm expecting to see WiiU well up next week.

Kresnik said:
Viper1 said:

It's certainly plausible that Hyrule Warriors is moving some systems, and I agree that the WiiU boost this week sticks out.

I still just kinda feel like we're going through the traditional "Nintendo holiday boost" this week and the reason 3DS didn't see as big a boost is because it's reaching saturation point (and while I realise it had some big games, they're both sequels to stuff already on the system).

It's going to be difficult to put any weight behind either viewpoint because of Obon getting in the way of any theoretical HW boost.  I'm expecting to see WiiU well up next week.

Can't disagree with any of that.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

outlawauron said:

Because there's other reasons for it (like the bundle that was released). To focus on HW itself, we can realize it's not a huge game. Slow pickups do happen, but not for titles that may open at 100k FW. Those are moderately sized games. Look at the PS3 before it got its musou titles, it was flat in the weeks before the games released (Gundam Musou and Dynasty Warrirors 6). There's no pattern or trend that can lead you to believe Hyrules Warriors was responsible for a 4-5k boost.

Which bundle?, I keep hearing about this mystical bundle, but I don't know what it contains, when it was released and for how much...

really cool for WiiU!!

most of the boost must be Hyrule Warriors, and it makes sense! I was watching the last trailer with all the recent character reveals, and I was thinking how unexpectedly cool the game turned out, especially for a spin-off

as for Sensan Kagura 2, it is not as bad, not a flop/bomb, hopefully it will have some legs, love Marvelous games :/

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

flagstaad said:
outlawauron said:

Because there's other reasons for it (like the bundle that was released). To focus on HW itself, we can realize it's not a huge game. Slow pickups do happen, but not for titles that may open at 100k FW. Those are moderately sized games. Look at the PS3 before it got its musou titles, it was flat in the weeks before the games released (Gundam Musou and Dynasty Warrirors 6). There's no pattern or trend that can lead you to believe Hyrules Warriors was responsible for a 4-5k boost.

Which bundle?, I keep hearing about this mystical bundle, but I don't know what it contains, when it was released and for how much...

People are talking about the DQX All-In-One bundle that just released. It's all the expansions,etc. released so far.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.