By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When PS4 pass 20 million?

When PS4 pass 20 million?

Before December( :O ) 5 3.91%

December 9 7.03%

Jenuary 15 11.72%

February 31 24.22%

March 37 28.91%

After March 19 14.84%

Never ( :-P ) 12 9.38%

Total:128
wary-wallaroo said:

Yes, 3 million sounds reasonable. Maybe 4. You have to keep in mind, it'll only sell in NA and the UK, where PS4 will dominate anyways. 

3 million. That is less it did last holiday in fewer countries, with fewer games, with a higher price and without Destiny and Halo. And you think despite all the disadvantages it had last year over this year, it will actually sell less in a few months than it did last year in less than 2?

That is beyond reason.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I'll say by next summer at the latest.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

End of February 2015 after The Order: 1886 comes out.

vivster said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Yes, 3 million sounds reasonable. Maybe 4. You have to keep in mind, it'll only sell in NA and the UK, where PS4 will dominate anyways. 

3 million. That is less it did last holiday in fewer countries, with fewer games, with a higher price and without Destiny and Halo. And you think despite all the disadvantages it had last year over this year, it will actually sell less in a few months than it did last year in less than 2?

That is beyond reason.

Yup, last year they did a lot because of launch hype and being front loaded, they'll do less this year around, especially outside NA. 

wary-wallaroo said:

Yup, last year they did a lot because of launch hype and being front loaded, they'll do less this year around, especially outside NA. 

So game consoles sell less in their second year when they are available in more countries, cheaper and have more games to appeal to a wider audience.

Got it. Must've happened a lot of times if you're so sure about it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
wary-wallaroo said:

So game consoles sell less in their second year when they are available in more countries, cheaper and have more games to appeal to a wider audience.

Nope, I think the PS4 will sell a lot more this year, especially with more supply. 

I don't know why you think I said "all consoles", I'm talking specifically about the X1 here.

wary-wallaroo said:
vivster said:

Nope, I think the PS4 will sell a lot more this year, especially with more supply. 

I don't know why you think I said "all consoles", I'm talking specifically about the X1 here.

Even if it's the X1 it still seems nonsensical. It might've failed in comparison to its closest competitor but it's still a major console that is tracking above others.

The only consoles I can remember to have sold less in their second holiday are failed consoles that have been discontinued shortly after.

Destiny alone will assure that  X1 will not fall behind last year.

vivster said:

did watch dog do much for X1 ? why shoudl destiny.  Teh hardcore already own it, the more core casual types will buy what they see advertised.  PS4 after every Destiny commercial.  

vivster said:
wary-wallaroo said:
vivster said:

Even if it's the X1 it still seems nonsensical. It might've failed in comparison to its closest competitor but it's still a major console that is tracking above others.

The only consoles I can remember to have sold less in their second holiday are failed consoles that have been discontinued shortly after.

It was already mentioned, but WD was also huge and it did nothing for the X1. I think it'll do about on par with what it did in NA, maybe a bit better. WW sales though will decline. There's just zero reason to get an X1 over a PS4 in Europe unless you absolutely must have Halo (and Halo games that you can already play on your 360 no less)

BeElite said:
vivster said:

did watch dog do much for X1 ? why shoudl destiny.  Teh hardcore already own it, the more core casual types will buy what they see advertised.  PS4 after every Destiny commercial.  

Destiny had as many preorders as Watch Dogs 1 week before release. 16 weeks before its release.

Comparing Destiny to Watch Dogs is like comparing Halo to Kinect Sports Rivals.