By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Life whitout Third Party Games for Wii U

Will it be enough?

No, Where is GTA V 51 33.33%

Yes, but I want Zelda sooner 102 66.67%

Total:153

As Nintendo will not get much more of third party love, here is what we have to look forward to (or wish for anyway):

2014 September: - Hyrule Warriors

2014 October: - Bayonetta

2014 October: - Art Academy

2014 November: - Sonic Boom

2014 November: - Smash Bros

2014 December: - Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (2015 Januari EU)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

2015 January: -Yoshis Wooly World

2015 February: - Mario Maker

2015: March - Professor Layton U

2015: April - Mario vs Donkey Kong

2015: May - Splatoon (delayed IMO)

2015: June - Fatal Frame

2015: July -  Trauma Team

2015: August - Devil's Third

2015: September: - Mario Party 10

2015: October: X

2015: November: - Mario Galaxy U (instead of delayed Zelda U - Best of Galaxy 1&2 + new contents)

2015: December: - Kirby

2016: January: - SMT x Fire Emblem

2016: February:  - Luigis Mansion HD

2016: March - Endless Ocean U

2016: April  - Pilotwings U

2016: May - Animal Crossing U

2016: June - Mario & Sonic at Rio Olympic Games

2016: July - Advance Wars U

2016: August - Nintendogs U

2016: September: - Metroid 2D U

2016: October: F-Zero U

2016: November: - Starfox U

2016: December: -  Zelda U (I know it is dated 2015, but IMO I do not think it will make it)

2017: January: - Excite Truck U

2017: February:  - Paper Mario U

2017: March - Kid Icarus U

2017: April  - Mario Tennis U

2017: May - Mario Golf U

2017: June - Wii Music U

2017: July -  Brain Age U

2017: August - Disney Theme Park U

2017: September: - Pokemon U

2017: October: 1080º U

2017: November: - Metroid 3D U

2017: December: - Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games PyeongChang 

2018: January: - EarthBound 3 HD

2018: February:  - Wave Race U

2018: March - Harvest Moon U

2018: April  - Mario Sluggers U

2018: May - Mario Strikers U

2018: June - Rythhm Heaven U

2018: July -  Sin & Punishment U

2018: August - Reginleiv U

2018: September: - Baten Kaitos U

2018: October: The Last Story U

2018: November: - NINTENDO FUSION

Around the Network

Certainly not the worst thing in the world loll. For me, its gonna be kickass

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well i love the line up.
Personally i dont need third party support because i have a PS3 and a gaming PC, so im covered for that.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Meh. I have a PS4 as well as a Wii U. And I couldn't care less about the latest iterations of COD, Battlefield, and AssCreed. Nintendo will probably moneyhat a few games from Japanese developers down the road.

It's not enough. I personally don't care for most of those games, so I don't have much choice.

This is why will I own a PC and PS4 alongside my Wii U.

Hardware owned:

PC, PS4, 3DS, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Most anticipated games (near to mid future):

Zelda U/NX
The Last Guardian                            

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:
Meh. I have a PS4 as well as a Wii U. And I couldn't care less about the latest iterations of COD, Battlefield, and AssCreed. Nintendo will probably moneyhat a few games from Japanese developers down the road.

Think so too, but it is hard to imagine what games it will be. The more the merrier!

cycycychris said:

I'm going to miss Assasin Creed on the Wii U. That's really the only third party game I care about. Actually, Just Cause series is another one. That would be awesome if that game would come to the Wii U. Having the map on the gamepad would be so helpful.

This list does sound alright to me though

Ubisoft "promises" to support Wii U if there are more Wii Us sold. Maybe AC will come back next year.  And maybe Wii U will get WatchDogs and  Project Cars.

baloofarsan said:
SanAndreasX said:

Think so too, but it is hard to imagine what games it will be. The more the merrier!

I actually liked the third-party selection of games the Gamecube got from Namco and Capcom. I'm not going to hold my breath for a Tales game on Wii U or anything, though it would be cool if it did happen. Sadly, Resident Evil seems to be gone from Wii U now, if the RE remaster is anything to go by. The N64 got some interesting games that Nintendo probably wouldn't have allowed in the US during the SNES days.

SanAndreasX said:
baloofarsan said:
SanAndreasX said:

I actually liked the third-party selection of games the Gamecube got from Namco and Capcom. I'm not going to hold my breath for a Tales game on Wii U or anything, though it would be cool if it did happen. Sadly, Resident Evil seems to be gone from Wii U now, if the RE remaster is anything to go by. The N64 got some interesting games that Nintendo probably wouldn't have allowed in the US during the SNES days.

Maybe "smaller" japanese games like Tales is not that expensive to moneyhat!

First parties are usually better anyways. As for GTA V, fuck it. It sucked.