By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Personal Sony Gamescom Review

having reviewed ms's conference and watch sony's i definetly think sony's was better. far more announcements at least and much better variety of games.

still,.. i can't help but wonder what sony's biggest studios are up to. with bloodborne announced for feburary it gives me hopes the games will just be announced close to launch but i would like to see some of those games announced sooner.

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
I only have one thing to say about the Sony conference

...but but but.... Tomb raider?

Yea, I think that wasnt for free haha

@ kitler: The guy in the start said all things seen in this presentation will be released in next 6 months. So yeah i agree with you there for sure, if this is already so nice, what will happen when their biggest studios will show their works.

Ka-pi96 said:
It was alright, but nothing special. Could have easily been a much better conference with 1 big first party announcement.

I agree. I don't know if it's me over(?) compensating for my slight PS bias but if I could be 100% objective I think I'd prefer MS's conference. Tomb Raider ffs! :(

deskpro2k3 said:
PotentHerbs said:
The lack of a Bloodborne demo is all Sony was missing!

they did show Bloodborne..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WsqQtqwP9E

Oh I know that I was talking about an actual stage demo. The look of the game itself is phenomenal, the faster pace, combining weapons on the fly, etc all culminate to the first must have game for the eight gen IMO. The black lady from DeS voice was at the ending too.. gah damn.. 

Around the Network

6/10. Nothing big announced and it was kinda boring. And too many indies again.
MS's conference was boring in the first half but that Tomb Raider news was huge.

Edit: I feel like that score is too harsh, so I'm gonna increase my score to 7.5/10. Rime looked fantastic. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I rated Sony's conference an 8.2/10. No megaton big hitters, but that didn't really matter when Sony kept me and audience interested with a very diverse catalogue of games for the next 6 months. It's miles better than MS's conference which was too conservative, not to mention some of their games that were shown won't be out until Holiday 2015.

I cant belive people are sayng that the tomb raider thing is the main reason why MS won. This just seems like holding any little thing as a win. How about share and play? Thats like sony saying "remember that crap you hated about MS last year, well we made it much better" and the crowd goes wild and MS wimpers in the coner.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

MoHasanie said:

MS's conference was boring in the first half but that Tomb Raider news was huge.

Edit: I feel like that score is too harsh, so I'm gonna increase my score to 7.5/10. Rime looked fantastic. 

lol, I don't see how someone who enjoy video games could find that conference boring. It had a large variety of games that appeal to multiple audiences.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
MoHasanie said:

lol, I don't see how someone who enjoy video games could find that conference boring. It had a large variety of games that appeal to multiple audiences.

I dunno, that's what I felt. I watched the first half live and then watched the second half right now. There were a few cool trailers and stuff, but there was a lot of indie games and things we already know lots about that I wasn't that interested in. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54