By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo isnults Canadian's!

Lol nothing to worry about...Insulting would be : Who is the best allah of Jesus;.

Around the Network
weezy said:

how about getting called a nigger and slave boy huh

They are all the same IMHO.  You either brand them all together or not at all.  The world has gone PC mad and whether you are being racist or nationis, it's all the same.  It should be down to the individual on how they take it.

Words like n*gger were used in a normal term in the 70's and are still used today mainly by the black community.  This word may offend some, but not others.

Another one is the term P*ki and J*p....and then there's Scot and Jock.....(I've used * so as not to offend some people).....they are all as bad or nothing as one another.

The bottom line is this......the world has gone PC mad and we need to find a level ground. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

The poll should ask "how little effort does it take to offend Canadians?" The answers would be "very little" and "by looking in their general direction" Who care's. If a poll asked if southerners said y'all or something else more, who would care? No one. Its not a big deal, grow a pair, and enjoy life rather than mailing a company about a poll.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Aside from the butchering of the English language in your title, this is way overreacting. I've been to Canada and met quite a number of people there and I have heard the word "Eh" spoken many times. It goes with Canada like Mate in Australia, "Y'all" in the Southern U.S., "Bloody" in the U.K., and so many others. This is taking P.C. far off the deep end.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I personally say Terrorist more. I don't know why I'd ever use Ruff in a conversation. Though as rendo pointed out, I'd admit, I use "Huh" more than either terrorist or Ruff.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

Woah... calm down. I had to join just to answer this post. How on earth is that offensive? I mean, how often does Air Farce or Corner Gas use stereotypes for comedy (those are TV shows for the non-Canadians reading this).

Also, I actually lived in the states for 3 years (dad was military, was posted to the states). When I moved back, I was shocked to find out that we really do say "eh" all the time. You don't notice it until your away from it. Probably like the Americans (at least around St. Louis) say "uh-huh" and "nuh-uh" all the time, but would deny it if you told them....

And, not to drag a point out, but I can only see one of us fellow Canucks even bothering to suggest that question to Nintendo anyway. Going off the deep-end over a Wii vote question isn't showing national pride, it's seems more like taking the console fanboyism mentality letting it seep into the rest of your life.... As for me, I thought the question was kind of cool when it popped up on my Wii...

Hawk said:
I personally say Terrorist more. I don't know why I'd ever use Ruff in a conversation. Though as rendo pointed out, I'd admit, I use "Huh" more than either terrorist or Ruff. <----American

Actually, I use the word terrorist quite a bit. I try to fit it into every third or fourth sentence. It's a bit challenging at times, but overall, it's quite rewarding.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

My understanding is that this question is only shown to Canadian Wii users, it's not a Global poll. So it certainly seems unlikely that it's intended to insult or make a laughingstock of anybody. Should Americans be insulted that a question about "Have aliens ever visited earth?" was offered to us? Or just embarrassed that almost half of us answered YES?

Hey, I'm Canadian and I take it as a joke... It's not like if they personally insulted you or anything. There are tons of steriotypes in the world, about blondes, races, country... Don't tell me that you never laughed at at least one of those!