By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
starcraft said:
Xiru said:
It wasn't Sony that stated it. If it were Sony, then I would be dubious, but it was the developers.

Im sorry mate, but who do you think pays those developer's salaries?  They were all first or second party.

Here is the quote:

Guerrilla's Managing Director Herman Hulst stated of being able to develop exclusively for the PlayStation 3: "It's a huge benefit. If you're developing a game on multiple platforms there are restrictions you always have to take into consideration.

"We are taking huge advantage of the architecture of PS3. I firmly believe that what we've shown we can get out of that machine would be difficult, if not impossible, to deliver on a competing machine."

On the same issue of developing Killzone 2 on multiple platforms, Killzone 2 Producer Steven Ter Heide made the following comments: "I would say [It's] impossible. We literally can't do this stuff on any machine other than the PS3."

Ter Heide went on to point out the advantages of Blu-ray on the PS3: "To make it simple, the Xbox 360 doesn't have SixAxis or Blu-ray. PlayStation 3 does. And for us that's a really big thing. The level you've just seen is 2GB. We really need Blu-ray to make the game. I don't know how you could fit it on Xbox 360 without taking some shortcuts."

Here is one from Epic as well:

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Epic_Question_DVD_Capacity_on_Xbox_360_11995_0_0.htm

They are 3rd party.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
It's incorrect to say that the PS3 had 2 $100 price drops, due to the fact that there were many SKUs introduced and taken away.

It's not incorrect to say that, at launch, the version that most people wanted was $599, and now, the version that most people want is $399.

Fair enough?

You da man.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Ail said:
I think the more interesting news is that the PS3 is starting to move 175k Units or so WW per week with no big title out ( this is going to be the second week such a thing happens).

The weekly worldwide gap is slowly moving from 10k/week at the beginning of the year to 50k a week...
If this keeps going by this summer it will be up to 75k or more/week...

I totally agree.  Although the 360 is far from dead at this moment in time, it's momentum has slowed down.  Not only are we seeing the PS3 outselling the 360 in Japan, which it has been doing since day one really, but the PS3 has overtaken the 360 in sales in Europe (not total sales yet though) and it is now selling more per week in NA as well.  It looks like it will be a 50-60k gap in total weekly sales this week alone and it looks like it will stay this way until some of the big games appear.

I truely wonder what will happen when GTAIV hits...it will sell well in NA, but will it make people buy a 360?  I doubt it, in Europe it will sell better on the PS3 and it may very well make people upgrade from their PS2's to the PS3 then.

And then when MGS4 hits in June, this will start shifting units in Japan as well as elsewhere.

It can only go up from here for the PS3 and unfortunately for the 360, that means their sales will go down.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Xiru said:
starcraft said:
Xiru said:
It wasn't Sony that stated it. If it were Sony, then I would be dubious, but it was the developers.

Im sorry mate, but who do you think pays those developer's salaries? They were all first or second party.

Here is the quote:

Guerrilla's Managing Director Herman Hulst stated of being able to develop exclusively for the PlayStation 3: "It's a huge benefit. If you're developing a game on multiple platforms there are restrictions you always have to take into consideration.

"We are taking huge advantage of the architecture of PS3. I firmly believe that what we've shown we can get out of that machine would be difficult, if not impossible, to deliver on a competing machine."

On the same issue of developing Killzone 2 on multiple platforms, Killzone 2 Producer Steven Ter Heide made the following comments: "I would say [It's] impossible. We literally can't do this stuff on any machine other than the PS3."

Ter Heide went on to point out the advantages of Blu-ray on the PS3: "To make it simple, the Xbox 360 doesn't have SixAxis or Blu-ray. PlayStation 3 does. And for us that's a really big thing. The level you've just seen is 2GB. We really need Blu-ray to make the game. I don't know how you could fit it on Xbox 360 without taking some shortcuts."

Here is one from Epic as well:

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Epic_Question_DVD_Capacity_on_Xbox_360_11995_0_0.htm

They are 3rd party.

Did you not read what I just said about First and Second party developers?  For example, if these same men worked for Microsoft they would be saying how Xbox Live benefits them by being the only competent online service that exists for consoles, and how great it is to have a game controller that fits well with shooter.

While on the topic of Microsoft's console, the Epic article you mentioned highlights how easy it is to get extra maps out for games one Microsoft's superior online service. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

And when GT5, MGS4, FFXIII and GOW3 comes and goes what will you have left then? This is the same argument we've been hearin gfrom day one for the PS3.

Around the Network

If by superior, you mean down for 2 weeks straight. (Sorry I had to). :) But you can get maps just as easily on PSN. But why would these developers just say stuff like this to get our panties in a bunch? It makes little sense, other than to take it at face value. 360 does have the best fps controller, its a shame the dpad is so bad because I love fighting games. But what you said about live is true, it is the best online service available for consoles, just as Blu-Ray is the best option for storage. If a developer is saying that blu-ray is needed, who are we to say they are lying? Even if they are making an exclusive for Sony.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
And when GT5, MGS4, FFXIII and GOW3 comes and goes what will you have left then? This is the same argument we've been hearin gfrom day one for the PS3.

H sword 2, Jack and daxter, Team ico vs XIII Uncharted 2 the list goes on. Good games won't stop coming and you can be sure we don't even know half of the games that are to come.

Moneybags said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

H sword 2, Jack and daxter, Team ico vs VIII Uncharted 2 the list goes on. Good games won't stop coming and you can be sure we don't even know half of the games that are to come.

MS has money too.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
Moneybags said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

H sword 2, Jack and daxter, Team ico vs VIII Uncharted 2 the list goes on. Good games won't stop coming and you can be sure we don't even know half of the games that are to come.

MS has money too.

I'm sure they do. Your point? Or did I just jump in the middle of a huge argument and not know what's going on? If that's the case. my bad.

Moneybags said:
Neos said:
Moneybags said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

MS has money too.

I'm sure they do. Your point? Or did I just jump in the middle of a huge argument and not know what's going on? If that's the case. my bad.

no i did aswell hehe =). I'm only saying they can buy their good games aswell..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!