By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
grimygunz said:
Im sorry to say this but who's fault is it that there is a supposed shortage. the shortage isn't as extreme as people are making it look to be as its a fact that the 360 sales in the US went up this week.

there is a shortage but the demand isn't high enough to make a difference. anyone right now could goto amazon and buy any version of the 360 they want.

a true measure of supply constrained is the wii where demand is greater than supply and you cant buy a wii for less than 350 bux from resellers online. only way in my area to get a wii at retail price is to stalk for new shipments.

i couldnt have said it any better. took the words right out of my mouth...

plus, way i hear it, the arcade and the halo models are available.  shortage is the unavailability of a product or a thing which is in large demand. however there are 360s available in the form of arcade and halo models. so it is a lie to say that there is a shortage of 360s. also, if the 360 was in so high a demand then it wouldnt matter what model you got, as long as you get one coz its in short supply. but no, arcades and halos are available still.

Around the Network

I like how it's over for 360 after it loses one NPD month, barely.

But the PS3 lost 14 NPD months in a row before that, often posting sales so incredibly low they've never been seen in console history before, and nobody said it was finished.

If 360 was finished then it would be finshed and there would be no need to keep repeating that it's finished, hoping it comes true. Since I keep seeing so many post that 360 is dead, we know it isn't dead, otherwise people wouldn't have to keep trying to convince us.

Even if 360 starts losing regularly to PS3 in NPD, who cares? Why would it be the end of the world, when PS3 sold amounts so low 360 could never dream of them for many months (80,000 and less).

360 is ahead of Xbox 1 in profitability and hugely in sales, that's MS only measuring stick, really. It can continue that even if it loses to PS3 each month. After all, Xbox 1 beat PS2 maybe two months in history, 360 has beaten PS3 14 months so far.

And you're foolish if you believe MS wouldn't stimulate 360 sales with a price cut, even a drastic one, as needed. If you really believe MS would just sit on the sidelines.

We need to see what 360 sells once it gets back in stock to even establish a baseline. Then we'll know more info.

This type of post borders on trolling though and is sad coming from a mod. I'm sure back in the day when PS3 was selling 60,000 a month, far less than 360 will ever sell, a post such as this, without any argument contained but simply one sentence would have been locked.

And dont forget the facts, PS3 is 5.8 million behind in the USA, they'll need to win by 200k per month for twenty nine months just to catch up, and even worldwide shipments, PS3 wsont catch 360 anytime in 2008. West only (excluding the isolated Japan marker) PS3 faces an even greater uphill climb, the small Europe market include.

If 360 wins February or March NPD, I am going to post "it's over for Ps3" And "Microsoft domination starts in..."

Turnabout is fair play. 

sharky said:
I like how it's over for 360 after it loses one NPD month, barely.

But the PS3 lost 14 NPD months in a row before that, often posting sales so incredibly low they've never been seen in console history before, and nobody said it was finished.

If 360 was finished then it would be finshed and there would be no need to keep repeating that it's finished, hoping it comes true. Since I keep seeing so many post that 360 is dead, we know it isn't dead, otherwise people wouldn't have to keep trying to convince us.

really? can i quote you on that? many people were claiming that the ps3 was dead last year. now that the ps3 is doing good in sales then suddenly "nobody said that it was finished"?

Well, even if you are right, there was a HELL of a lot more evidence PS3 really WAS finished.

PS3 sold 69,000 one month I believe! It sold 80,000 many times!

That's a hell of a far cry from the 230,000 360 just sold! yet this whole month since NPD across the whole internet there has been a tremendous amount of doom and gloom about 360. All because of one single month, where 360 barely lost by just 39k units, and was supposedly supply constrained as well!

Is that in any way fair based on the facts? OF COURSE NOT. 

Around the Network
ils411 said:
grimygunz said:
Im sorry to say this but who's fault is it that there is a supposed shortage. the shortage isn't as extreme as people are making it look to be as its a fact that the 360 sales in the US went up this week.

there is a shortage but the demand isn't high enough to make a difference. anyone right now could goto amazon and buy any version of the 360 they want.

a true measure of supply constrained is the wii where demand is greater than supply and you cant buy a wii for less than 350 bux from resellers online. only way in my area to get a wii at retail price is to stalk for new shipments.

i couldnt have said it any better. took the words right out of my mouth...

plus, way i hear it, the arcade and the halo models are available. shortage is the unavailability of a product or a thing which is in large demand. however there are 360s available in the form of arcade and halo models. so it is a lie to say that there is a shortage of 360s. also, if the 360 was in so high a demand then it wouldnt matter what model you got, as long as you get one coz its in short supply. but no, arcades and halos are available still.

Okay, there was no shortage. So if 360 overtakes PS3 in March or February, it's just because it's more popular again, and PS3 is fading, and 360 is simply more popular and gaining while PS3 is losing popularity over time.

That seems fair to me. You are right, there was no 360 shortage. 

sharky said:

Well, even if you are right, there was a HELL of a lot more evidence PS3 really WAS finished.

That's a hell of a far cry from the 230,000 360 just sold! yet this whole month since NPD across the whole internet there has been a tremendous amount of doom and gloom about 360. All because of one single month, where 360 barely lost by just 39k units, and was supposedly supply constrained as well!

Your taking the word "doomed" way too seriously. People arn't say that production will cease tomorrow but that it will succumb to Ps3 sales and is now for sure bound for third place(which is probaby so).

"it's over for the 360" and 360 is "done for" according to the OP sure isn't what you're describing.

Seems you're reading what people are saying with a bit of a biased eye. 

I'm going to mock this post exactly once 360 wins February or March NPD's, which it probably will. Since it's getting more popular since there was no shortages. 

sharky said:

the reason why many are claiming that this is the begining of the end of the 360 is because the ps3 has started outselling it ww and has outsold it in NA for two weeks or so running.   

no its not. i havent ever stated that the 360 is dead. if you ask me, its actually doing fine, its just that the ps3 is doing a bit better.

I think the more interesting news is that the PS3 is starting to move 175k Units or so WW per week with no big title out ( this is going to be the second week such a thing happens).

The weekly worldwide gap is slowly moving from 10k/week at the beginning of the year to 50k a week...
If this keeps going by this summer it will be up to 75k or more/week...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !