By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
weezy said:

All of you who think its over for 360 will be eating shit here in the next couple weeks

Edit: I meant crow... not shit

Let me show you the right way to do that:  "All of you who think its over for 360 will be eating [edit:  crow] here in the next couple weeks"

Unless of course you do want to say shit but also want a cop-out "nuh-uh I retracted, see!"

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Funny, I remember when people tried to use this same argument to say the PS3 was doomed about a year ago this time.

wenlan said:
FishyJoe said:
It's funny people are calling 360 doom when it seems the PSP is falling the fastest AND it's never been able to sell software very well.

And here comes FishyJoe bashing PSP in a completely non-related thread.

Even PSP is "falling" the fastest, the weekly WW sale # of PSP will still be above Xbox360. 

You're missing his point completely.  He wasn't bashing PSP at all.  What he WAS saying is that people aren't calling it a failure, despite the fact that it has never, EVER outsold the DS in hardware or software for any notable length of time.  People aren't calling it a failure.  It's attach rate is nearly nonexistent.

Meanwhile, the 360 enjoys VERY healthy sales, The PS3 has JUST started to catch up with it, and yet Sony fans (note that I didn't say fanboys) are calling DOOM on 360.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Can somebody please explain to me the whole 360 is in shortages right now, because there are plenty where i live. Is there any proof that the 360 has shortages, cause it just sounds like a lame excuse for poor sales to me.

I really think the 360 needs a price cut BADLY. The PS3 has a stellar lineup this year and no matter what MS says, I don't think the 360 lineup even compares. The worst selling Gran Turismo game ever, sold better than the best selling Halo game ever. We saw what Halo did to the 360s sales last fall, its going to be even bigger for the PS3 I think. Plus, the PS3 has that MGS bundle as well as a very competitive entry price. and then they got a bunch of other titles that are system sellers, there is nothing on the scale for the 360 in the coming year that is at the level of FF, MGS, or GT, those three games right there are going to greatly improve already terrific numbers over the 360. 360 is in trouble unless the price is dropped now. GTA doesn't matter. MS is going to say, we got exclusive content for GTA, and Sony is going to say, Rockstar is PS3 exclusive for pretty much the rest of this generation, PS3 is what you want.

Around the Network

The 360 has undeniably had recent supply issues. There seems to be some debate as to whether that shortage is still extant and, if so, to what extent. Online retailers seem to show "in stock".

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Let us also not forget that while the 360 has had a plentiful chance to reach the threshold of potential "on the fence" buyers for quite some time now, the PS3 is just in these last few months starting to suck in buyers who had been waiting for a cheaper version.

Have we also forgot the PS3's appeal as a Blu-Ray player? How do we even know the people buying these are buying games with them?

NeoRatt said:
ils411 said:

wasnt the price cut just $100 on 2 skus? it doesnt make sence to add em together. 

and what can ms do in the immediate term? not much either...oh wait, they can screw all x360 arcade owners with gtiv dlc. tough luck to those who bought an arcade and want the dlc. looks like your cost saving was short lived as you have to go out and buy a hd for your 360. wait, they've already been screwing the arcade owners coz a lot of 360 games needs a hd. way to go microsoft!

First, the 20 and 60 were released at 499 and 599 where the 60 was the best seller...  Then the 20 was disc'd (due to crappy sales) and the 60 was reduced to 499, and then the 80 was released at 599...  Then, the 60 was disco'd, and the 80 was reduced to 499 (and sales were stagnant), then they released the 40 for 399 which is the best seller...  So, one PS3 day one the best selling SKU was 599, and now it is 399...  That is a 200 price drop on the best selling SKU.  We won't mention that the two SKUs they started with have disappearred while the 360 still has the premo going into its third year.

And as for DLC on GTA I have HD's for my 360...  And a 360 Arcade owner can buy a hard drive and play it... It doesn't matter what a PS3 owner does...  They won't be able to play it on their PS3 no matter how many upgrades they buy.

news flash, you can only claim price cuts done on the specific skus. if the 80gig was priced down from 599 to 399 now thats a 200 price cut. if a 60gig was priced down from 499 to 299 now thats a 200 price cut. but releasing a new sku at a new price point, thats not a price cut coz its a new sku. way to go comparing different skus in geting total price cuts. by your analogy, we should add up all the price cuts ms did across its skus for us to get its total  price cuts.

and as for the arcade, the key word is "cost savings"!! " COST SAVINGS"!!! people bought the arcade coz it was cheaper and they wanted to save money. so how the hell will they be savings money when they have to go out and buy a hdand spend the money the hoped to actually save? 

just in case you fail to understand, i'll lay it out as simple as i can

1. you dont add up price cuts on different skus to get the total price cut

2. key word of the day "COST SAVING"

The power of self-imposed Nerd technicalities trumps Logic and Real World Evidence I guess.

Gees, I see a lot of damage control for the 360. The fact that ps3 was and is outselling the 360 in NA came as a huge suprise to many people and is a huge blow to M$. This was their last huge stronghold.

We've all heard this many times but this is of course with Ps3 at a few disadvantages(price,games).

Yes, we will see the 360 once again outsell Ps3 for quite a bit this year in NA. It is unlikely that we will see the significant sales gap between the 2 that we once saw...ever(maybe only for sort periods). It may not even be able to outsell the ps3 WW ever again(not sure on that one).

So as far as continualy keeping up with the PS3 WW yes, thats over. It will get its boost here and their(and probably very soon). But those boost will be smaller, fewer and farther between as time goes on.

It is certainly not the end for the 360 but as far as keeping steady with the PS3 then yeah, you could say this is the begging of the end.