By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Knack is a better game than Super Mario 3D World

Tagged games:

I...what...my brain.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network

Umm... Have u suffered a recent blow to the head?
Comparing a game with 93% on Metacritic to a game that has like 55%
Reviews arent everything, but 55% is just undeniably horrible.

IMSM

As someone who has played Knack on hard difficulty I hate to inform you sir that your opinion is wrong. There is no conclusive reasoning to say that Knack is better than Super Mario 3D World.

Sales don't make a game better. I would argue that many PS4 folk bought Knack out of desperation of games and you fell for the "but it's not that bad" game complex people get with bad games.

here's a very opinionated micro-review:

Story: 5/10
Gameplay: 1/10
Style: 5/10

The story is fine, if it wasn't filled with so many damn plot holes... This irritates me greatly

The gameplay lifts directly from other Sony franchises. Not to mention it has a constant issue of slowdown-death. The game isn't very responsive at all and it was very unimaginative in parts. It's a puzzle game that tries to be a platformer but fails in both aspects.

Style: It was a horrible art direction. Personally i believe the game would have looked better with a cartoon filter. Something Ni No Kuni like

Mario on the other hand nails all these categories with higher ratings. Nintendo has never made a platformer that isn't bad. Had consistent replay-ability and a defining art style that looks even better in HD.

I usually never tell people their opinions are wrong, but in this case, knack is so bad it's on Duke Nukem Forever's level of bad.

For clarification: 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/duke-nukem-forever

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/knack

So cuz Knack out sold Sm3dw in the UK its the better game? More Sales=Better Game.

So in terms of your logic, In japan Knack is better than every Vita game ever made? Also most 3DS games and every wiiu game (except for like 2-3 games).

:0

Well time to look for a new friend...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
ibrahimman0 said:

Reviews really aren't everything. There are plenty of average games that score highly and plenty of good games that score low. Maybe it won't be for everyone but there's no reasong a game that scores 55% can't be better than one that scores 93% to at least some people, perhaps even many.

Yes reviews aren't everything but a 93 to a 55? I mean seriously! 

Haha of course:p Knack is only a bad game to the Xbots that are disappointed with their console of choice. Its a rather solid platformed.

Congrats, you have an opinion. Do you want something now...?

nice

tbone51 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
ibrahimman0 said:

Reviews really aren't everything. There are plenty of average games that score highly and plenty of good games that score low. Maybe it won't be for everyone but there's no reasong a game that scores 55% can't be better than one that scores 93% to at least some people, perhaps even many.

Yes reviews aren't everything but a 93 to a 55? I mean seriously! 

Just means there are a lot of casual gamers on metacritic 

I agree. Knack is fantastic. The reason it gets so much hate is because it's an exclusive. Any Nintendo fan would love Knack if they gave it a chance. Now about being better than Super Mario 3D World, i also agree, but my opinion is biased because i dislike everything related to Mario. So any game is better than any Mario game for me.