By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something PC gamers say that is ridiculous

Peasants. This is something they always say but when you think about it, aren't they the peasants? Nowadays PC gamers are always saying PC gaming is cheaper than consoles. So doesn't that mean console gamers spend more money and so that makes PC gamers the peasants, no?

I don't think PC gaming is cheaper, seen vidoes where they say blah blah, if you buy like PC games for $40 and console games for $60, and buy like 20 them or however much, PC gaming is cheaper. But I don't understand how they can say only $40, it's not like they  new games are sold at $40, their sold at $60. You also have to upgrade your hardware because I don't think there is a point in owning a expensive gaming rig if you aren't constantly going to get the highest visuals possible and to do that you need to upgrade your hardware.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

LOL we may be peasants but they are beggars. Plus console gaming is just more accesible for me. 

Well they convinced many console gamers that framerate and resolution is very important, so I guess the name is justified in some cases...

random15 said:

LOL we may be peasants but they are beggars. Plus console gaming is just more accesible for me. 

That's what I've noticed too, on every Youtube video of an exclusive game, there are always the PC "Master" race begging for ports. Just like Tekken 7, saw so many people asking for it on PC but Tekken has never been on PC, not once but for some reason they think they are entitled to it. Gamers are not entitled to anything, developers go to where the business deals take them.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

You see, you misunderstand the deeper meaning behind the usage of the word "peasant." Ultimately, this is how it is: Console pea--err...players... purchase a cheap system, and are subsequently tied into an expensive and oftentimes abusive and frustrating relationship with their newfound owner, be it Ninty, Sony, or M$. Members of the PC master race, however, make a substantial initial investment, but in return we get to live a life of freedom, luxury, and relative ease, with cheap, and sometimes even free games just dropped into our laps.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure the "peasants" label wasn't meant to be taken literally.

You're correct in that PC games, at launch, are usually about as expensive as console games. Steam sales and the likes are usually where the money is made up, though; there's simply no console equivalent where so many games are sold at such a discount. For example, the most recent Steam sale had Assassin's Creed 4, a game that released a mere 6-7 months ago, at 1/3rd of its usual price. (I'd list more examples but I quite honestly don't remember that much outside of what I bought, which was mostly older games).

If you know when and where to buy games, you can probably make up the difference. All in all, it really just comes down to what you specifically prefer. Consoles are better for some things, PCs are better for others.

PC gaming is "cheaper" in a sense cause of Steam sales cause you could get AAA games that came out not to long ago for > 50% off. Also if you pre-purchase a game, many PC games on steam come with 10% off. So you take that, along with the fact that Steam is a free service with all the features of PS+/XBL and more and you have an awesome, cost efficient game experience.

Steam has 4763 games for under $10 and 2780 games for under $5 which include both AAA and non AAA games. It has a sale both every week and weekend on many, many games. On top of that, Steam has a massive sale on virtually every game on steam twice a year... One during the Summer and One during the winter. And during the massive sale, there are plenty of opportunities to get games on your wishlist for Free and remember, Steam is a Free service

As for the whole, "Hardware" upgrade, from my experience, the only people that want a hardware upgrade are the people that want to play games like Starcitizen at max settings and want to show off their epenis and have bragging rights in the PC community but for those of us that don't care, you spend a one time initial fee of about $1000 and you will have a PC that is more powerful than a ps4 until the ps5 comes out. Now, the only games that will look better on a Ps4 will be First Party games and potentially third party exclusives (not timed btw) but with PC, you can add in mods to make your graphics and performance look and play better then even what the original game developers did in max settings. Now, your hardware might not be able to run all the mods but it will be able to run enough to make it look amazing none the less. So in other words, if you spend roughly $1000-$1200 on a gaming rig and provided you didn't get ripped off. No matter what games come out in the future, the multiplatform games should at minimum look as the same as on a ps4 or on average, look better. And also, dont forget, you can do a lot more things with a PC then just play games

But I do hate how PC gamers treat console gamers though, its pretty terrible

Oh and dont forget, Steam also has family sharing which means if u buy a game, u can share it with 10 other friends provided they play it one at a time

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

You realize it's a joke right? It is said in jest 90% of the time.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

In the United States of Gaming, all peasants are created equal.

Oh boy.

Actually everyone who doesn't own both is a peasant. Limiting yourself deliberately and inventing silly reasons for it is weak.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.