By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
prinz_valium said:
dukerx2 said:
I called before the season and I'm sticking to it, the Cardinals will win the NFC west and make it to the conference championship.

and will lose to the cowboys or packers.

My thought also

Around the Network
dukerx2 said:
prinz_valium said:
dukerx2 said:
I called before the season and I'm sticking to it, the Cardinals will win the NFC west and make it to the conference championship.

and will lose to the cowboys or packers.

My thought also

lol, the Packers are not that good right now.

1 Arizona 7 1 0 .875 1-0-0 5-0-0 .493 .458 NFC West Champ
2 Detroit 6 2 0 .750 2-0-0 5-1-0 .410 .380 NFC North Champ
Wins tie break over Philadelphia based on best win percentage in conference games.
3 Philadelphia 6 2 0 .750 2-0-0 3-2-0 .456 .385 NFC East Champ
4 New Orleans 4 4 0 .500 2-1-0 4-3-0 .493 .397 NFC South Champ
5 Dallas 6 3 0 .667 1-1-0 4-3-0 .473 .429  
6 Seattle 5 3 0 .625 0-1-0 3-2-0 .463 .417 Wins tie break over Green Bay based on head-to-head win percentage.
7 Green Bay 5 3 0 .625 2-1-0 3-3-0 .470 .384  
8 San Francisco

San Francisco also has a tie breaker over the Packers if they have the same record.

NobleTeam360 said:
Well I was going to pick the Browns but didn't really think they would play well at the Bengals, obviously I was wrong

They broke a 17 game division roadgame losing streak. I believe that streak is older than some of this site's members, albeit it's still far too young to remember a great Sonic game being released.

FatedReality said:
Chris Hu said:
Kinda sucks that the remaining Thursday Night game are on NFL Network even if I had cable or satellite its likely I wouldn't have that channel. Hope CBS coughs up some more money so that all the games will be on CBS next year. I only watch two things on CBS on a regular basis The Amazing Race and NFL games.

How are you not watching the best show on not only CBS, but all of TV: Survivor!?!?!?

Survivor got old pretty fast would watch it if there was a actual survival element like filming it somewhere where there is a cold climate at least once.  Anyway The Amazing Race is so much better there is a reason it won 13 primetime Emmy's as far as reality shows go you can't get much better.

1 Arizona 7 1 0 .875 1-0-0 5-0-0 .493 .458 NFC West Champ
2 Detroit 6 2 0 .750 2-0-0 5-1-0 .410 .380 NFC North Champ
Wins tie break over Philadelphia based on best win percentage in conference games.
3 Philadelphia 6 2 0 .750 2-0-0 3-2-0 .456 .385 NFC East Champ
4 New Orleans 4 4 0 .500 2-1-0 4-3-0 .493 .397 NFC South Champ
5 Dallas 6 3 0 .667 1-1-0 4-3-0 .473 .429  
6 Seattle 5 3 0 .625 0-1-0 3-2-0 .463 .417 Wins tie break over Green Bay based on head-to-head win percentage.
7 Green Bay 5 3 0 .625 2-1-0 3-3-0 .470 .384  
8 San Francisco

SF is going nowhere fast. Seattle will rebound. Philly will drop a few games. NO is improving a lot with the healthy Jimmy Graham and may get stronger down the stretch. Green Bay is better than 5-3 indicates. Detroit will falter of course, they are nowhere near 6-2 good. Arizona is the worst 7-1 team I've ever seen, or at least this year for sure. I think they still make the playoffs, but will catch a string of losses somewhere. They've been incredibly lucky in many games, and never really dominant imho.

Dallas should finish the rest of the games with around a 4-3 split, leaving them 10-6 and that may actually be good enough for 1st place in NFC East depending on who they beat to do it. They have some key players coming back from injury late in the year, so December could put them on a string of victories. If they finish out 5-2, then they're solid. OTOH, if they drop to 9-7, then things get a bit dimmer.

Either way they could be a force in the playoffs if healthy enough, or a 1 and out if too banged up. It's telling that their two losses recently were still close  games until pretty late, vs Arizona especially despite Weeden being god-freaking-awful (sub-50 QB rating, lol).

Around the Network

@ Arkaign To be honest I do not care about the NFC much.

I base my packers opinion mostly off the huge fanbase on GAF, and they seem to think this team is all pretty bad. That Rodgers is the only good piece while the rest of the team is pretty average excluding Eddie Lacey.

The Lions have a lot of key injuries and thankfully the Packers-Lions is the final game for them.

The Cowboys and Eagles have two games versus each other, I will not make a judgement until they happen.

The NFC South team will be pretty average no matter who wins it.

The Cardinals have been good for years they have just had the toughest division to win for at least three years.

RolStoppable said:

Are they stupid?

Yes, for the reason you stated afterwards. Still, it's a shaky team for sure: a good front four can (and has) wreak havok with the team. I still expect to reach the playoffs, and even win the NFC North again, but it definitely feels like a weaker team than in years past.

The Lions still have the best overall defense in the NFL even if they completely collapse in their remaining games the still should win at least 4 games. As for the Cardinals they have the best head coach in the NFC and they will win the NFC West. Not that they really need the best record to be dangerous in the playoffs anyway, they made it to the Super Bowl with a 9-7 record during the 2008 season and this years team is a lot better then that team was.

Chris Hu said:
The Lions still have the best overall defense in the NFL even if they completely collapse in their remaining games the still should win at least 4 games. As for the Cardinals they have the best head coach in the NFC and they will win the NFC West. Not that they really need the best record to be dangerous in the playoffs anyway, they made it to the Super Bowl with a 9-7 record during the 2008 season and this years team is a lot better then that team was.

By that logic, this Superbowl will see six or seven teams play, because those teams are better than the 2008 Cardinals.

Chris Hu said:
FatedReality said:

How are you not watching the best show on not only CBS, but all of TV: Survivor!?!?!?

Survivor got old pretty fast would watch it if there was a actual survival element like filming it somewhere where there is a cold climate at least once.  Anyway The Amazing Race is so much better there is a reason it won 13 primetime Emmy's as far as reality shows go you can't get much better.

If any show gets old really fast its the Amazing Race. Its literally been the same exact show sense its very first season. However, I will give credit to thier production team. It must be insanely hard to film a show like this when your going to all those different locations and having to keep up with each contestant as they are running everywhere they go. A show like the Amazing Race is much harder to film than a show like Survivor which is why they won all those awards. I like the Amazing Race and the other CBS reality TV shows I just think Survivor is by far the most entertaining.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!