By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

I dunno, I think Foles is extremely underrated.

Remember : Sanchez has a NEGATIVE TD to INT ratio.

Nick's record this year was 13 TD, 10 INT.

Now look at their record, and put that at 11 TD, 12 INT, and you probably have the Eagles at 4-4 instead of 6-2.

Foles is only 25, so I think he'll be back, and better than ever. He can totally grow into a franchise QB imho. Sanchez, well he's been at it long enough to know exactly what he is. He was bad enough to be kicked to the curb for Geno Smith. LOL.

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
I dunno, I think Foles is extremely underrated.

Remember : Sanchez has a NEGATIVE TD to INT ratio.

Nick's record this year was 13 TD, 10 INT.

Now look at their record, and put that at 11 TD, 12 INT, and you probably have the Eagles at 4-4 instead of 6-2.

Foles is only 25, so I think he'll be back, and better than ever. He can totally grow into a franchise QB imho. Sanchez, well he's been at it long enough to know exactly what he is. He was bad enough to be kicked to the curb for Geno Smith. LOL.

Not quite sure it's fair to make claims about how good a quarterback is based on what the Jets decided to do with them...

I don't think Sanchez is spectacular by any means, but his play with the Jets really wasn't that much worse than Foles' play this year with the Eagles...and that's with the Jets, who didn't even bother to build anything remotely resembling an offense for Sanchez to work with. With the Eagles' offense, Sanchez could probably be just as good as Foles has been so far. Not saying that he should be Philly's choice long term; just I don't thinkg the Eagles are any more "doomed" with Sanchez under center than they have been over the past 8 games with Foles where they keep getting bailed out by special teams or deep throws.

RolStoppable said:
FatedReality said:
Sanchez isn't good, but I think he will do just fine with the Eagles. Fole's threw at least one interception every game and they still managed to win most of their games. If Sanchez throws for a lot of yards (Its a Chip Kelley offense so he will) like Fole's did the Eagles should be OK. However this basically kills any playoff hopes for the Eagle's because I cant see Sanchez having a surge through the high pressure games if they do get there.

Eagle's fans should be more worried about what will happen next year. Fole's injury seems pretty serious and will probably linger around for awhile sense it directly effects his throwing. If Sanchez turns out to be a complete dud the Eagle's could be in trouble the next few years with no QB.

Foles is left-handed? I can't say I ever paid any attention to that.

Also, the guys of NFL.com constantly talk about how Foles' box score makes him seem much better than he really is. But likewise, I don't have much of an opinion on it, because I hardly watched the Eagles play over the last two years.

I'm not sure whether Foles is left or right handed I just figured a broken collarbone would affect his throwing either way XP.

I agree that Foles is overrated. He misses a lot of open receivers and throws quite a few intercpetions, but he makes the long throws so his numbers look great on paper. However, Foles is young and has a lot of time to correct his mistakes and become a great QB. Sanchez... is Sanchez. He will probably play well for a few weeks as teams take time adjusting to how Chip Kelley will use him, but he's not the future of the Eagles (IMO). Foles is someone I can see improving in the next few years and become a strong franchise QB. While Sanchez will probably be the same average QB that makes silly mistakes people love to laugh about (who could forget the butt fumble XD). 

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

RolStoppable said:
BoneArk said:
I'm glad we're on a bye week next week, we really need it. Also, glad I changed my ARI/DAL to ARI. after finding out Romo is out.

*facepalm*

EDIT: To elaborate, your pick for Dallas stands. It may be the truth that you edited your post before the game started, but that doesn't really matter, because it can't be proven.

Additionally, you should know that a new post is required, because you were involved in a similar incident in 2012 where I and the rest of the prediction league agreed to let it slide, but from that point onwards there wouldn't be any exceptions to this specific rule anymore. Furthermore, in a previous week of this season you submitted a TNF pick and edited in the rest of your picks later; if I hadn't gone a page or two in this thread before the Sunday deadline, you would have lost almost a full week of picks due to a lack of proof that the picks were made in time; I didn't say this to you directly, but I mentioned it in an announcement post for the weekly results and standings.

The bottom line is that I simply cannot let it slide this time, because then everyone could come to me and say that they had changed one or more of their picks before the deadline, and if I turned them down, it would be "Why does BoneArk get preferential treatment?" which is also a problem.

I sent u a message about the pick on Sunday morning, look in your inbox.

RolStoppable said:
CLE-CIN 2 KC-BUF 1 MIA-DET 2 DAL-JAC 1
SF-NO 2 TEN-BAL 2 PIT-NYJ 1 ATL-TB 2
DEN-OAK 1 STL-ARI 2 NYG-SEA 2 CHI-GB 2
BYE   BYE   BYE   CAR-PHI 2 by 6

Around the Network

Sorry Foles isn't that great of a QB, just my opinion though.

Wonder if the Vikings are going to want Adrian Peterson back. Do they want the distraction that having him will bring or is he too good of a player to not keep? He's 29 (he'll be 30 by the start of the 2015 season) I'd cut ties with him while they still can if I were the GM for that team. Just my 2 cents anyway.

Oh okay thanks for clarifying Rol.

If Ray Rice can't comeback and play Adrian Peterson shouldn't be allowed to either. But because AP is a great RB and basically the star of the Vikings franchise for a few years now he will probably comeback which is ridiculous.

Arkaign Predicts:
CLE-CIN 2 KC-BUF 2 MIA-DET 1 DAL-JAC 1
SF-NO 2 TEN-BAL 2 PIT-NYJ 1 ATL-TB 1
DEN-OAK 1 STL-ARI 1 NYG-SEA 2 CHI-GB 2
BYE   BYE   BYE   CAR-PHI 1x1

Some tough ones this week.

Cincinatti has been decent at home, and Cleveland has yet to find any real footing.

SF is a basketcase, and NO at home is normally God-tier, with Jimmy Graham stronger each week this is a nightmare for Hairball and Co.

Denver wlll make angry short work of Oakland, Peyton is strong on the west coast.

Buffalo is a little underrated, and KC is weak on the road.

Baltimore should easily rout the Titans.

St Louis has had a lot of close games with good teams, and Arizona I think is due for a L.

Miami is way better than anyone expected, and Detroit isn't that good.

The Jets, what more can be said. I was wrong about the Steelers being done earlier in the year, though they looked terrible for a while (losing to the Bucs lol)

The Giants are awful right now, and Seattle is a nightmare matchup for them, so this should be easy.

Dallas should have a solid outing against the Jags.

Atlanta has some talent on the team, but have been really unsteady overall, but then again : the Bucs are a level below.

Green Bay should rout Chicago, which seems totally lost right now.

Carolina is due for an angry, tough game, and the Eagles might be looking past them. Sanchez may prove me wrong, but I am not feeling like he is up to the task. The smart pick would be Philly here, but intangibles sometimes pop up in the NFL.

CLE-CIN 2 KC-BUF 1 MIA-DET 1 DAL-JAC 1
SF-NO 2 TEN-BAL 2 PIT-NYJ 1 ATL-TB 1
DEN-OAK 1 STL-ARI 2 NYG-SEA 2 CHI-GB 2
BYE   BYE   BYE   CAR-PHI PHI by 10