By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
RolStoppable said:
SD-DEN 2 DET-ATL   MIN-TB   BUF-NYJ  
CHI-NE   SEA-CAR   MIA-JAC   BAL-CIN  
HOU-TEN   STL-KC   PHI-ARI   IND-PIT  
OAK-CLE   GB-NO   BYE   WAS-DAL by X

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Around the Network

I can't honestly think of the last game that was so utterly and completely dominated by one team coming off the rails so absolutely. Incredible, particularly to a Steelers team that is .. bad. Honestly bad. But I think even a bad NFL team is full of rare talent, it just doesn't always click. Anyway, WOW what a turnaround. Can the Steelers take this and run with it into something? Probably not. But at least they showed some spark for a few quarters of play.

gergroy said:
Stop uploading all these gifs choco, they keep crashing my browser!! This site has enough problems on mobile browsers without you adding to them!!

That was the last of the GIFs. It is not like Peyton Manning will break the record again. You know it is one of the biggest records in all of football so he deserves praise from his fans. It was not like it was just an ordinary Broncos win.

Steelers and 49ers go 4-3 so far. Many consider Steelers a bad team and the 49ers a mediocre team.

As I say though, the Steelers are incredibly inconsistent. Their schedule is moderate after the Colts, so they could keep winning.

49ers luckily get a bye week to give time for them injuries to heal. But after the rams their schedule is tough. Can definitely drop 5 more games to Seahawks x2, chargers, cardinals, Saints.

RolStoppable said:

Week 8 falls into the time period where daylight saving time doesn't align for Europe and America, so for Europeans the games on the upcoming Sunday and Monday will start one hour earlier than usual which obviously affects the deadlines for predictions accordingly. The same thing applies to week 9's Thursday Night game, all following games will not be affected.

Also, the Lions-Falcons game in London starts four hours earlier than most Sunday games (9:30 Eastern), so keep an eye out for that.

Around the Network

Word has it the Titans are trading LB Akeem Ayers to the Patriots.

Played in 68-76% of Titans def. snaps from 2011-2013, thus far this year, has just 10 snaps on def, 33 on spec. teams.

Terms of the trade: Pats sends a 6th rounder to the Titans, Titans send Ayers and a 7th back to the Pats. (All depends on Ayers passing the physical).

MTZehvor said:
RolStoppable said:
SD-DEN 1 DET-ATL 2 MIN-TB 2 BUF-NYJ 2
CHI-NE 1 SEA-CAR 1 MIA-JAC 1 BAL-CIN 2
HOU-TEN
STL-KC 2 PHI-ARI 1 IND-PIT 1
OAK-CLE 1 GB-NO 2 BYE   WAS-DAL DAL by 7

Burek predicts:
SD-DEN 2 DET-ATL 1 MIN-TB 2 BUF-NYJ 1
CHI-NE 2 SEA-CAR 1 MIA-JAC 1 BAL-CIN 2
HOU-TEN 1 STL-KC 2 PHI-ARI 1 IND-PIT 1
OAK-CLE 2 GB-NO 2 BYE   WAS-DAL DAL by 17

RolStoppable said:
SD-DEN 2 DET-ATL 1 MIN-TB 2 BUF-NYJ 2
CHI-NE 2 SEA-CAR 2 MIA-JAC 1 BAL-CIN 2
HOU-TEN 1 STL-KC 2 PHI-ARI 1 IND-PIT 1
OAK-CLE 2 GB-NO 1 BYE   WAS-DAL DAL by 3

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:

Week 8 falls into the time period where daylight saving time doesn't align for Europe and America, so for Europeans the games on the upcoming Sunday and Monday will start one hour earlier than usual which obviously affects the deadlines for predictions accordingly. The same thing applies to week 9's Thursday Night game, all following games will not be affected.

Also, the Lions-Falcons game in London starts four hours earlier than most Sunday games (9:30 Eastern), so keep an eye out for that.

Football in the afternoon. Cool.

It's the Falcons, so "football" might be stretching it.