By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

NYJ-NE 2 ATL-BAL 2 TEN-WAS 2 SEA-STL 1
CLE-JAC 1 CIN-IND 2 MIN-BUF 2 MIA-CHI 1
NO-DET 2 CAR-GB 2 KC-SD 2 ARI-OAK 1
NYG-DAL 2 SF-DEN 2 BYE   HOU-PIT 2 by 3

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
NYG-DAL 1 SF-DEN 2 BYE   HOU-PIT PIT by 5
  1.  I cant stand the Patriots but the Jets are a mess and they're playing away.
  2. Baltimore is playing great right now the Falcons are not.
  3. Washington should win this game as long as Cousins doesnt throw an insane amount of interceptions.
  4. Seahawks will bounce back against the Rams who are struggling without a quarterback.
  5. Hoyer is having a great year so far, I think that will continue agaisnt the Jags.
  6. Luck is at home so Ind should be fine.
  7. Minnesota is struggling worse then the Bills so Bills should take it.
  8. CHI played good last week so it's likely they will play bad this week also the Dolphins aren't that bad they keep it close every game they just cant close them out.
  9. NO is awful on the road this year.
  10. GB is at home and is playing well, Cam has stepped his game the past few weeks but CAR still has no run game and basically only one WR.
  11. I really want to pick the Chiefs but the Chargers have been playing to good so far, I don't think they will drop the ball at home.
  12. Oak is just bad.
  13. I really should be picking Dallas but I cant go agaisnt the Giants. I think the Giants will have a fire under there ass after there embarrasing shutout in Philly and will actually play this game. I bELIve the Giants can pull through and get the upset, if not than ill be sinking with the ship.
  14. Denver is too good and the 49ers have been playing sloppy.
  15. PIT is really unpredictable but Houston hasnt really been playing well with Fitz.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

NYG-DAL 2 SF-DEN 2 BYE   HOU-PIT HOU by 4

To FR :

I respect your dedication to Giants fandom, that's a suicide pick but I completely understand it (see my Cowboys v Seahawks pick last week, I even won money on that lol).

A warning on the Miami v Chicago game. I initially picked Miami as well, but their RB situation is a little degraded with the loss of Knowshon Moreno. Their other main back, Lamar Miller, has fumbled (and turned over) the ball in 3 games already. I hate picking Chicago, but it's not looking super great for the Dolphins, and it's own the road to boot.

CLE-JAC 1 CIN-IND 2 MIN-BUF 2 MIA-CHI 2
NO-DET 2 CAR-GB 1 KC-SD 2 ARI-OAK 1
NYG-DAL 2 SF-DEN 2 BYE   HOU-PIT HOU by 12

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

But Moreno has been out for most of the season already so I don't think it will be hard for the Dolphins to adjust to his absence. Anyways I picked the Dolphins because I cant see the Bears having two good games back to back. Cutler likes to keep Bears fans on there toes ;) so I expect him to throw a few picks like he did in the GB game. It wont be an easy game for Miami though Tannehill needs to be on his A game.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Another power rankings list : http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000410843/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-7-dallas-cowboys-vault-into-top-five

NYJ-NE 2 ATL-BAL 2 TEN-WAS 1 SEA-STL 1
NO-DET 2 CAR-GB 1 KC-SD 2 ARI-OAK 1
NYG-DAL 2 SF-DEN 2 BYE   HOU-PIT PIT by 3

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

NYJ-NE 2 ATL-BAL   TEN-WAS   SEA-STL  
CLE-JAC   CIN-IND   MIN-BUF   MIA-CHI  
NO-DET   CAR-GB   KC-SD   ARI-OAK  
NYG-DAL   SF-DEN   BYE   HOU-PIT by X

do the rest later but incase i can't get on 

Above & Beyond

CLE-JAC 1 CIN-IND 2 MIN-BUF 2 MIA-CHI 2
NYG-DAL 2 SF-DEN 2 BYE   HOU-PIT HOU by 4