By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
Burek said:
I took my picks to the betting parlor, some straight up wins, some on points, put down 2€, and can win 800.
I know I will not, but it will make it a bit more fun.

That sounds like a good way to get more invested in games. Not a lot of money, but still intrigue. Better idea than fantasy football.

Around the Network

Drew the Cowboys-Texans game this morning. Very sad it wasn't Pittsburgh-Jacksonville.

RolStoppable said:
Go Bears! Make the Panthers lose, so that we can have three teams with a negative record tied for first in the NFC South.
RolStoppable said:
I am watching Ravens@Colts and has been a good game so far, despite the low score of 0-3. The Ravens fumbled, muffed and were stopped on fourth down while the Colts had an interception and also a fourth down stop.

Cowboys-Texans hasn't been terrible either. Ball moves steadily, but each side keeps turning it over as it gets close to the red zone. Yours sounds more exciting though.

RolStoppable said:

The Colts just had an eight minute drive and will now settle for a field goal right afte the two minute warning.

EDIT: Field goal was good, but defensive holding. So points off the board for a new first down.

EDIT2: Touchdown, but offensive pass interference.

EDIT3: Aaand it ended with a field goal with half a minute left in the first half.

I can hear Yakety-Sax as I read this...

Also, because the Browns suck. But don't worry, ESPN will continue to fellate Johnny Manziel for at least another two seasons.

RolStoppable said:

And the Titans don't? Seriously, based on the previous games of both teams, the Browns put up a fight every time while the Titans were rolling over like the Raiders.

A law was passed after the 2008 season: the Titans are not allowed to get fewer than six wins in a season, nor more than nine. This is to ensure that they remain the most forgettable team in the league: never great, never horrible, just kinda there. They're the Andy Dalton of NFL teams. The Browns have been selected to help meet this quota.

Around the Network

holy JESUS that was a hall of fame level touchdown. FUCKING HELL. Romo! What got into that guy?

Arkaign said:
holy JESUS that was a hall of fame level touchdown. FUCKING HELL. Romo! What got into that guy?

.......Let's not go overboard.

It was a good play, though.

Romo shook a 1 on 1 sack vs JJ Watt and threw a perfect bomb TD from beyond midfield while taking a 2nd hit. Crazy beyond belief.

Saints losing to Bucs? At home? How bad are they?!

Now THERE's the Romo I know and love!