By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Farsala said:

Of course, one of my top 10 animes.

Sweet! Such a shame the whole ordeal with the creator though.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Started on One Punch Man

On episode 4.

Loving it so far!

One Punch is hilarious, silly and over the top in a good way.

Sometimes the show feels like it tries to disrupt the tropes about fighting anime and superhero stories.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Cinderella Nine ep. 1 -- Seemed a bit generic, though it could turn out decent if the other characters are solid.  However, it's impossible not to compare it to Taisho Baseball Girls, which has basically the same premise and is easily one of the best sports anime ever made.  In that light, Cinderella Nine feels completely lacking.

Seriously, watch Taisho Baseball Girls.  It's probably a lot better.

RobiHachi ep. 1 -- Fun and interesting so far.  Might turn out terrible, you never know with absurd-yet-story-driven stuff, but ep. 1 was entertaining in a slightly Gintama kind of way.

Fairy Gone ep. 1 -- Quite disappointing.  There is potential but the writing was so freaking lazy and contrived.  It's the first episode, when else are you going to try?  If it's that shoddy to start with, why would I expect it to improve?  I think my favorite thing was when EVERYONE IN THE TOWN DISAPPEARED.  Giant things are fighting and tearing stuff up and everyone is asleep?  I don't even know.

Carole & Tuesday ep. 1 --  Well, that was awesome.  Absolutely loved it, early contender for AotS along with Kimetsu no Yaiba.  There was a LOT going on, too, so it doesn't see like it will tail off quickly.

We Never Learn ep. 2 -- Really funny and a big jump over ep.1 and omg Ogata is so adorable.  I like the teacher a lot, too (from reading the manga) and she should show up next episode.

Bocchi ep. 2 -- Honestly, I was a bit worried after ep. 1 even though I knew it was mostly an introductory episode.  However, ep. 2 dispelled all my worries.  It was both ridiculously cute and very funny.  Bocchi bravely blowing her recorder in the face of the supernatural was awesome and I'm pretty sure Nako-chan is one of my summon monsters.

Nako-chan pouting.  

Welp, found my AOTS. Hitoribocchi is just too adorable. The thing with the recorder killed me. It's easy to be moe, but it's hard to be actually funny.

I haven't watched a lot of the new animes yet because most of them look boring. I watched the Strike Witches Spin-off, but I had to turn it off after 3 minutes. I love Strike Witches but that thing is an absolute abomination. it looks like something they gave a toddler to produce in a day. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Amazing Stranger could become pretty good.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Been watching the following Claymore, Gunslinger Girl, Durarara!!, Disgaea, Black Cat. Dropped Disgaea because its garbage, Black Cat is almost as boring and I might drop it too.

Gunslinger Girl is interesting, the setting is Italy (I'm currently studying Italian, so bonus points for that), and although the main idea of "girls were trained to be killing machines" isn't very compelling, the series hasn't really focused on that and instead decides to explore a little bit of the girl's pasts and present life. There's drama but it all feels so... Calm, not rushed at all. And the ending theme is awesome (sampled a Faure song).

Durarara!! Isn't what I expected. Thought it would be some crazy over the top fighting or comedy series, but it's definitely something else. Which is interesting because I see what they're doing with their approach to storytelling, and I expect all these events/side plots to intertwine at one point. I've been taking my sweet time with this, but once I get a free weekend I'll catch up with it.

And Claymore is awesome. It's shounen, but not as annoying or generic as 98% of this type of series. Claire isn't exactly compelling, but I don't hate her. It's entertaining and there is a couple of storylines hidden underneath the flashy combat scenes.

Around the Network
Kuksenkov said:
Been watching the following Claymore, Gunslinger Girl, Durarara!!, Disgaea, Black Cat. Dropped Disgaea because its garbage, Black Cat is almost as boring and I might drop it too.

Gunslinger Girl is interesting, the setting is Italy (I'm currently studying Italian, so bonus points for that), and although the main idea of "girls were trained to be killing machines" isn't very compelling, the series hasn't really focused on that and instead decides to explore a little bit of the girl's pasts and present life. There's drama but it all feels so... Calm, not rushed at all. And the ending theme is awesome (sampled a Faure song).

Durarara!! Isn't what I expected. Thought it would be some crazy over the top fighting or comedy series, but it's definitely something else. Which is interesting because I see what they're doing with their approach to storytelling, and I expect all these events/side plots to intertwine at one point. I've been taking my sweet time with this, but once I get a free weekend I'll catch up with it.

And Claymore is awesome. It's shounen, but not as annoying or generic as 98% of this type of series. Claire isn't exactly compelling, but I don't hate her. It's entertaining and there is a couple of storylines hidden underneath the flashy combat scenes.

If you haven't already, watch Baccano!  Same author as Durararara.   It's more action-packed and has a tighter focus but the ensemble style casting is similar.  Most of the story in the present takes place on a single train, though much of the setup is told through flashbacks, so it's always dancing through time.  It has some really awesome characters.

^ I've been meaning to, but so far I've only found one legal way to watch, and it's by buying episodes on Google play. Got a long backlog of titles to watch, so I'll watch those instead for the mean time.

I don't know how the Komi-San anime is going to turn out but Najimi is awesome.

Spoiler!

As long as Komi-san remains this cute, though, I'm fine.

pokoko said:

Fairy Gone ep. 1 -- Quite disappointing.  There is potential but the writing was so freaking lazy and contrived.  It's the first episode, when else are you going to try?  If it's that shoddy to start with, why would I expect it to improve?  I think my favorite thing was when EVERYONE IN THE TOWN DISAPPEARED.  Giant things are fighting and tearing stuff up and everyone is asleep?  I don't even know.

Bocchi ep. 2 -- Honestly, I was a bit worried after ep. 1 even though I knew it was mostly an introductory episode.  However, ep. 2 dispelled all my worries.  It was both ridiculously cute and very funny.  Bocchi bravely blowing her recorder in the face of the supernatural was awesome and I'm pretty sure Nako-chan is one of my summon monsters.

Nako-chan pouting.  

Feel the same about these two. Fairy Gone looks like something I would enjoy on paper but the first episode just felt really...bland. I felt like I could use Haki because I was predicting everything a minute before it happened. Other than having the MC and her edgy former friend being girls this time, I feel like I've seen this setup so many times before it didn't really impress me. I'll give it another episode or two to see what direction it goes...at least the OP is really good.

And Bocchi is freaking hilarious. Dunno what I laughed at more, the long mostly irrelevant story, the random recorder, or unfortunate hanger girl trying to play off her namesake.

Also I finally know your signature source.

------------

Feel like I mostly have my season figured out. Too lazy to add reasons but basically:

Great

Kimetsu no Yaiba
Fruits Basket
Hitoribochi

Good

We Can't Study
Jojo - Part 5
Bungo Stray Dogs

Okay

Black Clover
Why are you here, sensei? (Yeah I know)

Potential Drops

Afterlost
Fairy Gone
Rising of the Average Hero in a World of Morons

Also I'll probably watch Attack on Titan 3.5...though I already read the manga so not much to surprise me here other that some fluid fight scenes.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I rewatched the second episode of Bocchi. I never rewatch anything.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.