By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

ShadowSoldier said:
Im going to say this....DO NOT WATCH FULL METAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD. IT WILL RUIN ANIME FOR YOU!!. Now that my PSA is out of the way. I have not been able to watch or enjoy any anime because of the aforementioned series. The level of quality, tight narrative and hilarious characters made it the perfect anime. I've already watched the classics and FMA:B literally became the swan song on the whole genre for me.

Touche

FMA:B was like the first few animes I ever watched besides from the mainstream ones (Naruto) which I think made it much better cause I had little expectations on anime at that time. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:
I can't decide if Masamune-kun is actually good yet or not, but it is surprisingly entertaining for an otherwise standard rom-com affair. I'll probably stick with it for the rest of the season.

Same boat here. Not really enjoying the heck out of  this show than I should be. Maybe cause I've read many romcom mangas that kinda have a similar plots or characters. But I do love the visuals and soundtrack. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Demi-chan is still up there for potential AotS. It's just so well balanced so far, and I appreciate it as the unexpected wildcard for me this season.

Blue Exorcist is still alright. Just waiting for the arc to really kickstart. So far it is too torn between Rin rebuilding bridges and trying to work in all the details about the in progress Impure King incident. Once they more fluidly integrate these two aspects of the plot, I think the show has a chance to be one of the highlights of the season.

ShadowSoldier said:
Im going to say this....DO NOT WATCH FULL METAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD. IT WILL RUIN ANIME FOR YOU!!. Now that my PSA is out of the way. I have not been able to watch or enjoy any anime because of the aforementioned series. The level of quality, tight narrative and hilarious characters made it the perfect anime. I've already watched the classics and FMA:B literally became the swan song on the whole genre for me.

Touche

Don't worry, I'll never watch it. Trigger animes have ruined all other animes for me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Touche

Don't worry, I'll never watch it. Trigger animes have ruined all other animes for me.

What the hell is a Trigger Anime?

Though I've heard great things about One Punch Man. Might give it a look. Attack On Titan is actually a really good anime...but then I turned around and read the manga...and yeahhhh

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

I have decided. Idol Jihen is actually a decent anime. It's a lot closer to Milky Holmes than a generic idol show. Fans of nice and wacky animes should definitely check it out.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Results for the 2016 table.

Category Winner(s) Runner Up(s)
AOTY Jojo Part 4 Re;zero
Best Boy Kira Yoshikage Sakamoto from Sakomoto Deus ga? and Tanaka-kun  wa itsumo kedaruge
Best Girl Chiaki from Danganronpa 3,Luluco,Mumel from Kabaneri and Felix from Re;Zero  
Best OP Jojo Part 4's "Great Days" Tales of Zestiria and Occult ;Nine OPs
Best ED Jojo Part 4,Kuma Miko, Aijin S1 and Luluco  
Favorite Cast Jojo Part 4 Konosuba
Favorite Ship

Fine x Izetta from Shuumatsu no Izetta

Pikari x Teko from Amanchu!

Cocona x Papika from Flip Flappers

Manato X Haruhiro (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)

Nagisa x Kayano (AssCass S2)

Best Comedy Konosuba Luluco and The Art Club has a Problem?
Best Drama Erased  
Best Fight Josuke vs Kira (Jojo Part 4) Luluco Final Battle and Gate S2 dragon fight
Best Art Direction Mob Psycho 100 Grimgar and Luluco
Best Soundtrack Jojo Part 4 Shokugeki no Soma
Best Surprise Amanchu, Saiki,Re;Zero and Konosuba  
Biggest Disappointments Hibike S2,Kuma Miko, Mayoiga and Berserk(2016)  
Best Feel Good Show Tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge The Art Club has a Problem? and Amanchu

Girls on bikes is dropped. I can take stupid but this is just too much. Next on the chopping block is Masamune-kun. It's competent but just so bland and generic. Maybe next week I'll finally find the resolve to just drop it.

In the end I'm not watching much this season.

Little Witch Academia (current AOTS), Tales of Zestiria S2 and a couple of girls only anime that while nothing special they are entertaining enough.

Instead of watching them, I'm reading Demi chan and Kobayashi san, Demi chan because if it goes in a direction I don't like I can just stop reading without wasting too much of my time (I'm enjoying it so far tho) and Kobayashi san because they picked Kyoani out of all the studios in the world to adapt a yuri manga and they don't even respect the original artstyle like typical Kyoani.

On the bright side, this gives me time to catch up on older anime I have been watching.

I have my lightest season in years too.

I'm watching 21 animes.
4 of those are continuing from last season.
4 of those are shorts

I decided to drop Masamune-kun while writing this post.