By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

BasilZero said:
vivster said:

Says a lot about what audience this anime expects.

BTW I still don't know which one you are talking about

After this, I'm staying away from pure Romance anime for a bit.

NANA.

I just put it on hiatus and then never returned to it. I made it to ep 15 or so. Romance dramas like these are actually pretty rare these days. The last good one was Golden Time which coincidentally also has Nana in a cameo.

But yeah, never watch too many dramas in a row, that's just really depressing, I've been through that. They might be great animes but at some point it's just not fun to watch them anymore.

You should watch some fun animes after that one. Gladly there is no shortage of those.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

This will certainly be one big season for me. Probably have to pick up 25 or more.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I agree with the current opinion of Akiba's Trip. It is a fun show that doesn't render itself unwatchable with abuse of fan service. It's actually humorous so far with good characters. Granted, we're only on episode one, but if it's any indicator of how the rest of the show will run, I'm fairly confident this will be a good one.

Was worried because they were going for an anime original story, but with the first episode of Akiba'strip it seems that was a good call. The absurdity translated pretty well in anime format and still kept all the traits that made the game enjoyable. Hopefully it stays like that throughout the season.

BasilZero said:
vivster said:

I just put it on hiatus and then never returned to it. I made it to ep 15 or so. Romance dramas like these are actually pretty rare these days. The last good one was Golden Time which coincidentally also has Nana in a cameo.

But yeah, never watch too many dramas in a row, that's just really depressing, I've been through that. They might be great animes but at some point it's just not fun to watch them anymore.

You should watch some fun animes after that one. Gladly there is no shortage of those.

I do plan to watch a more action/fantasy type of anime next.

The last anime I watched before NANA was Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works TV season 2.

Any recommendations?

There are a lot actually. Let's see. Gonna ignore the over lengthy ones for now.

Kill La Kill
Gurren Lagann
Moribito
Claymore
Katanagatari
Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta
SAO
Shingeki no Kyojin
No Game No Life
Mahouka
Flip Flappers
Izetta

Just watch all of those and come back to me.

Around the Network

I expected nothing from Masamune kun no Revenge and it delivered. Probably one of the first on the chopping block if I need to cut some animes.

vivster said:
I expected nothing from Masamune kun no Revenge and it delivered. Probably one of the first on the chopping block if I need to cut some animes.

Really? Thats disappointing. Im probably going to watch the first episode tonight.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

vivster said:

It was alright. It has the chance to be a decent romantic comedy, but hot guy tries to take revenge on hot girl was already a weak plot, so by keeping my expectations below zero, I was pleasantly surprised.

Masamune is cute. Maybe not the most original plot out there, but it seems fun enough to keep watching. Pretty sure the main girl had a reason for rejecting the MC...seeing as how they apparently have an intentionally vague backstory together.

Ao no Exorcist was my most hyped show this season, but since I read the manga, I'll probably be that annoying guy that complains about them omitting or rushing something. Despite that, enjoyable first episode. I watched the first season so long ago, I forgot how many memorable voice actors are in this. Hana Kana as Shiemi, Yuki Kaji as Konekomaru, that guy who voices Zoro and Hijikata as Bon. Crazy.

Still...I'm surprised they basically ignored the conclusions to the first anime. Back before the season was announced, I was expecting it to be like Fullmetal Alchemist, and start fresh with the introduction before getting into the manga material, but it's just starting right at the plot divergence from the first anime. I guess this anime's target audience is mostly people who read the manga...or just forgot what happened in the first one. *shrug*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

And the most generic anime of all time award goes to Fuuka. Seriously, compared to that Masamune kun is a masterpiece in originality.
There is just zero appeal. They just cut and pasted every character, plot line and conversation from random stock assets. I couldn't even get through the first episode without skipping to the end.

Too much unnecessary fan service, boring MC and an upcoming love triangle that will make it even harder to watch. This may be the easiest drop of the season.