By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Looks at the poll "price I have to pay for not watching new anime"

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

Around the Network

Gonna vote for Miia just because of all cute pictures Shadow posts. Still haven't worked up the nerve to watch Monster Harem...though I have habit of rooting for the girl that gets the most exposure, so it'd probably be the same anyway.

Arminillo said:

This was me and Jojo...Im goin eeeh and then by the end of the intro im screaming JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO. The rest is history

Hahahah, I was the same. The artstyle really turned me off at first, it reminded me too much of Fist of the North Star, which I thought was too campy to be interesting. That and all the constant homoerotic poses, geez.

Flash forward to now...and wow was I wrong. The plot is kinda simple, but really fun to follow, and with some good themes overall; I was surprised at the Les Miserables reference in the first arc. The characters are great, and humor is always killing me. The tone is definitely unique, but now I can't get enough of it. I'm sure Stand Proud is probably at 100+ plays on my iPod too.

Polnareff was a real sleeper hit. Here's a video of him using a toilet in India.

And Joseph reacting to an Egyptian toilet while I'm at it.

God I love this show.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:

Gonna vote for Miia just because of all cute pictures Shadow posts. Still haven't worked up the nerve to watch Monster Harem...though I have habit of rooting for the girl that gets the most exposure, so it'd probably be the same anyway.

In other words, you are the author's puppet and are swayed by the direction he wants it to go even if the character he wants to winis bad? I guess that explains a lot huh

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

People liking the main girl in a series.

Nine times out of ten, I'll go for one of the side girls.  

uran10 said:

In other words, you are the author's puppet and are swayed by the direction he wants it to go even if the character he wants to winis bad? I guess that explains a lot huh

Except your opinion doesn't align with my own...so this statement means nothing to me.  If I'm not interested in what the author is writing then I won't follow the story in the first place. It's fiction after all...I have that power.

It's the burden of the author to make me care about something, not the other way around. If one character appears every week, and another character only appears once every other year, then I'm not gonna waste my time rooting for the latter. I can't think of a bigger waste of time.

Simple concept.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
pokoko said:

People liking the main girl in a series.

Ah so you're kinda a hipster on this?  

Aeolus451 said:
pokoko said:

Not at all.  I think it has more to do with the main female often being a standardized girl that's built to appeal to the most people, which, unfortunately, sometimes translates into a 'safe' choice with fewer quirks that catch my interest.  The female lead just doesn't seem to align very often with what I prefer, especially if they're the clingy type.

pokoko said:
Aeolus451 said:

Not at all.  I think it has more to do with the main female often being a standardized girl that's built to appeal to the most people, which, unfortunately, sometimes translates into a 'safe' choice with fewer quirks that catch my interest.  The female lead just doesn't seem to align very often with what I prefer, especially if they're the clingy type.

I agree with this, the other girls always seem to be more interesting than the main girl. They are forced to play it safe with the main girl so they don't offend anyone, and they want everyone to like her.

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

Ka-pi96 said:
How can you not like the main girl? She's always the best!

It's the other girls that are annoying, clingy and jealous. Usually because they resent the fact that they aren't the main girl. Also, the main girl is 99% of the time the prettiest of them all as well

I could go through multiple anime i have watched to prove you wrong. Especially cause I have watched a lot and i mean a lot of harems.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Here is a prime example of a series with only 1 episode and someone has written a review,, giving the entire series a 10....

(Not sure if troll or not though)

http://myanimelist.net/anime/32542/Sakamoto_desu_ga/reviews

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.