By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Just leaving this here.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I've never paid any attention to anime tracking sites. Seems like more effort than it would be worth, at least to me. Maybe I'll check one out just to experiment. I also wouldn't pay attention to the scores from any site that counted episode scores or scores-in-progress in with final series scores. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I do agree somewhat, i dislike that you can rate a series based on 1 episode, because that could be misleading for others, and the rest of the series in general.

But the site does help with keeping up with every Anime you've watched, how many times, and when you watched it.

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

iamRockman said:
pokoko said:
I've never paid any attention to anime tracking sites. Seems like more effort than it would be worth, at least to me. Maybe I'll check one out just to experiment. I also wouldn't pay attention to the scores from any site that counted episode scores or scores-in-progress in with final series scores. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I do agree somewhat, i dislike that you can rate a series based on 1 episode, because that could be misleading for others, and the rest of the series in general.

But the site does help with keeping up with every Anime you've watched, how many times, and when you watched it.

The moment you decide which animes to watch by a mere number instead of staff, studio, reviews, description, style or literally any other factor you're done anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Aeolus451 said:

Is there any other advantage to using MAL other than keeping track of up and coming anime/older anime?

It's all about the anime e-peen. That's why I always brag about how much I have watched and with MAL I even have "proof"!

Also it's great if you have to recommend some anime to others. If you've watched hundreds of animes it will be very hard to remember all of them, even the really good ones.

BTW here is mine

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/vivster?status=2&order=4&order2=0

*e-peen intensifies*

What e-peen?

Aeolus451 said:
vivster said:

It's all about the anime e-peen. That's why I always brag about how much I have watched and with MAL I even have "proof"!

Also it's great if you have to recommend some anime to others. If you've watched hundreds of animes it will be very hard to remember all of them, even the really good ones.

BTW here is mine

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/vivster?status=2&order=4&order2=0

*e-peen intensifies*

What e-peen?

I can only assume it is high level weeb, a level us mid-rank weebs may never reach.

EDIT: y'know you sure give a lot of anime 10s.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network
vivster said:
iamRockman said:

The moment you decide which animes to watch by a mere number instead of staff, studio, reviews, style or literally any other factor you're done anyway.

The thing is most people actually do this because they want to find the best in the genre, and they think the highest number means it's the best.

I pick my Anime using description and genre types, but the masses love looking at numbers instead of reading things. It's pretty much the same problem in the gaming community, people really only want to know the metacritic score before they jump in to a game.

I just think a series shouldn't be rated until the end, but i guess i look at it like how i review games/movies/tv shows. I think the fourm episode polls are more for what you think about certain episodes, while the score represents the series as a whole.

I think I'm the only one that chooses anime off random videos I find on youtube or a friend recommends it to me :P
I never read reviews for them, the same with anything, since it's all subjective anyway and what matters is if you enjoy it, not what anybody else says.

Shadow8 said:

I think I'm the only one that chooses anime off random videos I find on youtube or a friend recommends it to me :P
I never read reviews for them, the same with anything, since it's all subjective anyway and what matters is if you enjoy it, not what anybody else says.

I use to be like this, until i kept playing/watching shit in a row and got tired of wasting my time.

So yes, i do research on games/anime before i play/watch them.

iamRockman said:
Shadow8 said:

I use to be like this, until i kept playing/watching shit in a row and got tired of wasting my time.

So yes, i do research on games/anime before i play/watch them.

Thankfully, for the most part I've enjoyed the anime I've chosen randomly. Guess I'm just lucky xD

Shadow8 said:

I'm kinda like that. I don't look at reviews but I'll watch stuff based on suggestions but I basically pick what to watch off of the intro or art style. i'm like a cat, if something catches my interest for whatever reason, it will have my attention.