By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Thanks you two for explaining that site a bit more.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

Is there any other advantage to using MAL other than keeping track of up and coming anime/older anime?

I use the fourms pretty often, also the reccomendations are usually pretty good.

The place has a big problem with people hating what you rate something, escpecially if they loved it and you didn't.

I'd avoid the Epsiode fourms for an established franchise at all costs....

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

iamRockman said:
Aeolus451 said:

Is there any other advantage to using MAL other than keeping track of up and coming anime/older anime?

I use the fourms pretty often, also the reccomendations are usually pretty good.

The place has a big problem with people hating what you rate something, escpecially if they loved it and you didn't.

Yep! Especially that there are times where they spoil stuff directly and Indirectly.

By Indirectly I mean when they say things like "I think" or "I predict". Sometimes they actually tell the truth from the orginal source which they read. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

iamRockman said:
Aeolus451 said:

I might check out the forums to see what they are like. 

Jranation said:
iamRockman said:

Yep! Especially that there are times where they spoil stuff directly and Indirectly.

By Indirectly I mean when they say things like "I think" or "I predict". Sometimes they actually tell the truth from the orginal source which they read. 

Yeah, I hate spoilers with a passion.

Around the Network

I just like having an app that has all the anime ive seen and whats new. I can also put anime 'on hold' and then come back to it. Not that I cant use a different app or something, its just the one i have.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Well already dropped Hundred and Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités.
Both were very boring for me.

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

I was interested in those magical crane game girls shorts until i saw that the animation is like worse than a fan flash video. I think I really couldve got behind the premise if it wasnt for that./

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Aeolus451 said:

It's all about the anime e-peen. That's why I always brag about how much I have watched and with MAL I even have "proof"!

Also it's great if you have to recommend some anime to others. If you've watched hundreds of animes it will be very hard to remember all of them, even the really good ones.

BTW here is mine

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/vivster?status=2&order=4&order2=0

*e-peen intensifies*

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I've never paid any attention to anime tracking sites. Seems like more effort than it would be worth, at least to me. Maybe I'll check one out just to experiment. I also wouldn't pay attention to the scores from any site that counted episode scores or scores-in-progress in with final series scores. That doesn't make a lot of sense.