By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

iamRockman said:
Why do people rate series on MAL just by viewing the first episode? Seems weird that an Anime has only had 1 episode and someone already wrote a review and gave it a 9...

I know what you mean Ace Attorney has less than a 7 rating there after only 1 episode :( Besides they only showed the tutorial trial, the rest are WAY better, especially the next one~

But really the only way to rate something is after you've experienced all of it imo.

Around the Network

Yeah, Bakuon is dropped. Trash like that is giving stuff like K-On a bad rep.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Kuma mori first ep was pretty funny but it feels...wrong. I cant quite put my finger on it...

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Bakuon was a lot of fun. Hane was hilarious and everyone else was ridiculous in a good way. The JFK speech made me laugh out loud, as did the resulting misunderstanding. After watching the OVA previously, I can't wait for the butler to show up.

So does anybody have a set of animes they are sure to finish this season yet?

For sure, I will finish Jojo Part 4, Ace Attorney and Space Patrol Luluco. Might give some other shows a look, but for now those are what I'm gonna watch throughout the season. If not, what shows do you need to watch a little more to decide whether or not you'll watch it in its entirety? For me that's Boku no Hero Academia, but I am leaning on finishing that one too.

Around the Network

I couldn't make it all the way through Hundred.

I just finished High School DxD BorN. Hilarious anime, obviously bad pacing and such. But still hilarious.

So far, I watched Cerberus, Hundred and Re:ZERO. All of 'em are interesting enough so far to keep watching. I haven't watched MSGU RE:0096 or The Lost Village yet.

iamRockman said:
Why do people rate series on MAL just by viewing the first episode? Seems weird that an Anime has only had 1 episode and someone already wrote a review and gave it a 9...

Trigger-happy users like that are the reason I honestly stopped going on MAL. It's honestly kinda ridiculous that some people think one episode is enough to rank the entire anime. It's like giving a video game a meta-score after finishing the tutorial.

On that same note, allowing users to rate individual episodes or manga chapters is absolute troll bait. I had so many fandoms in which trolls would literally give chapters a 0 or 10 for no other reason than whether their favorite character appeared or not. I honestly put more stock in Metacritic user scores than MAL now...it's that bad. Nowadays I get most of my anime info from /a/ and individual fandom sites.

Shadow8 said:

So does anybody have a set of animes they are sure to finish this season yet?

For sure, I will finish Jojo Part 4, Ace Attorney and Space Patrol Luluco. Might give some other shows a look, but for now those are what I'm gonna watch throughout the season. If not, what shows do you need to watch a little more to decide whether or not you'll watch it in its entirety? For me that's Boku no Hero Academia, but I am leaning on finishing that one too.

Jojo and Hero Academia are the only sure things right now, but I doubt I'll drop Kiznaiver or Luluco either. I try to follow the 3-episode rule...though really I'll keep watching as long I can get attached to the characters and I can follow what's going on.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I just finish this 2 animes here my rating and I copy paste the descriction of the plot, that way you know what is about and I'm putting the year that came out.

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (7.5) 1999
Marron seems to be a normal, ditsy kinda of school girl when in actuality she is the reincarnation of Joan of Arc. With her angel sidekick Finn, she attempts to seal demons which are hiding in pieces of art and possess weak-hearted people. However with sealing the demons the art disappears leaving the police and her best friend Miyako, the police chief's daughter, to suspect her to be nothing but a common art thief. More strange twists occur when a smooth talking new boy in school moves in next door along with the presence of a new "art thief" Sinbad, who races against Joan to seal demons. Now Marron must race against the police and Sinbad to seal the demons and manage just to make it through school and a strange homelife.

Ouran High School Host Club (6) 2006
Plot Summary: Haruhi is a poor tomboyish student at a school for the ultra-wealthy, able to attend because of a scholarship, and unable to even afford a uniform. One day, she stumbles across the decidedly peculiar but very popular Ouran Host Club. She tries to leave, but accidentally breaks a vase, and unable to pay for it, she's told that she'll have to stay and do odd jobs. That is, until they decide she would be more valuable as a club member. Not realizing she's female due to her appearance, they fix her up and give her a male uniform. She's an instant hit, so they decide to have her keep up the charade even after they find out the truth. Haruhi, being average almost to a fault, doesn't know what to make of the unconventional activities of the Host Club (or of the even more unconventional members), but having little choice, she plays along. Before long, real bonds are formed, friends made, and Haruhi finds herself accepted in a way she could never have been otherwise in this affluent school.

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)