By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Super_Boom said:

Phantom World has to be the best terrible anime I've seen in a while. Good lord, seeing MC jump on Mai's giant ass killed me.

Erased wrecked me slightly less this week. I'm extremely wary of sensei being the killer...but I feel like that's way too obvious at the same time. I'll wait and see how it's executed either way; obvious endings aren't always bad ones.

Yea Phantom World is strangely very enjoyable. I mean I know it's bad, but I can't help but enjoy it xD

This week was fanservice at its finest.

Around the Network

Last ep of Buranki was so much Trigger it almost hurt. Too bad it's all over the place. I guess that means Konosuba is gonna be AOTS.

Pandora kinda has the same problem as Buranki. In its core it's very strong and really special but the direction seems almost random. I really want to love it and give it a 9 but sadly it's just not that good :(

BTW for anyone who hasn't watched it yet. Mahou shoujo nante mou ii desu kara is a great deconstruction of a magical girl anime. It attacks all the clichees and plays it straight. Really fun and nice little package. Definitely the best short of the season.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

After revisiting the 4th match in World Trigger I can't fathom why Mikumo is a shooter when his low trion capacity gets in the way or why he's even in the frontlines at all ...

Mikumo should offer to be in the assist role instead of offense since it isn't working out for him so he should forget about using offensive triggers and focus on using support triggers to help his team ...

I would recommend him using his Raygust with a Kogetsu for dead last attempts since there's a lot of durability to be had in those triggers instead of wasting it on the role of being a weak shooter ...

I'll never get to know Jin's stipulations either in his bet with Hyuse ...

Do you Guys have a Fave OP (Opening) and ED (Ending) Theme Song this Season? 

For me, I really love Divine Gate OP! I love the insturmental background music + The guy's high pitch voice! And the Visuals matches it! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZuS3bVm34U

And as for the Ending Song, I would say Ajin ED! That guitar and th guy's soothing voice is perfect! + Those English lyrics!!!!!! The visuals is quite unique as well! Great way to end the show! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maFPEpCfiDg

Pocky Lover Boy! 

My favorite song of the season is the ending music for ERASED. I'd link it but it looks like they get taken down except for the altered versions. Ending for KonoSuba is also nice.

Around the Network

There are several that I really like.

OP/ED of Buranki. The songs are good but what makes them really pop is the awesome direction.

OP/ED of Pandora. They just feel really special to me, especially the intro of the OP. Again, just good songs but great direction.

Utawarerumono 2nd OP. Great music and visuals that give you a a strong connection to the characters and the story.

OP of Dimension W. I love dancing in OP/EDs so this one is striking. Music is great as well.

OP of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Perfectly fitting to the anime and the time period it plays in.

Dagashi Kashi ED. Again, I love dancing in EDs so this is awesome especially since both of them are some of the best female MCs ever.

Honorable mentions to Ao no Kanata because they managed to give us new songs from both Mami Kawada and KOTOKO.

Also kudos to the OP of Konosuba that shows that a big part of their inspiration for the anime comes from Dragon Quest.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ok guyz, I have not been into anime for a while, I found all the new releases boring and repeatable, so I turned back into my older favourite ones, now I wanna moar, so my question is simple : Have there been released any new anime, that are familiar to 

Kill la kill ?

Yahari ?

Chichayafuru ?

Deadman Wonderland ?

What a nice view

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

That Hajime no Ippo reference in the new Konosuba made me lose it xD
Also KokonotsuxSaya(Dagashi Kashi) are my favorite pair this season and this week's episode just enforced it more.
As for my favorite op and ed of this season:

Musaigen no Phantom World's OP

Dagashi Kashi's ED

KingofTrolls said:

Ok guyz, I have not been into anime for a while, I found all the new releases boring and repeatable, so I turned back into my older favourite ones, now I wanna moar, so my question is simple : Have there been released any new anime, that are familiar to 

This is kind of tough, given the criteria listed.  You're saying you found all the new anime boring but you want to know what new anime is good, which is hard without knowing when you stopped watching.  What kind of window are we looking at?  2015 onward?