By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Platina said:
Hmm, I'm not an avid anime watcher, but I do watch anime from time to time in bursts..

It's been about a month since I finished the last one so would like some recommendations.. SoL is what I'm still interested in now, though going to other genres is okay too (no horror though)

As a reference, some relatively recent (as in 1-3 months :p ) animes that I watched

Recently watched > Less recently:
Hyouka (Okay)
[Interesting concept, but slow and mysteries are pointless]

Hanasaku Iroha (Very good)
[Enjoyed watching this one!]

Shirobako (Decent)
[Very Slow, interesting enough to finish]

Tari Tari (Top Favourite)
[Not a fan of music animes, but this one was really good]

Natsuiro Kiseki (Good)
[Interesting concept, slow at times but is enjoyable]

True Tears (Pretty Good)
[OTP :p]

As a few other people recommended Non non Biyori is pretty good and if you like that one, you should definitely give yuru yuri a try as well.

A few other SoL animes would be:

Clannad: This one will make you cry a lot. First season is really good, but the 2nd season is a masterpiece.A guy meets this girl that wants to revive  the theater club so she perform a play and the 2nd season goes much deeper into the main relationship of the show.Still my all time favorite anime :)

Toradora: Another feels anime basically about a girl who asks this guy if he can help her get closer to his friend and a lot of stuff happens. Amazing as well .

Your Lie in April: Feels just keep coming :'( This one is about a boy who is a prodigy pianist, but he stops for some reason and a girl,who is a violinist, tries to get him back into music. Needless to say it's amazing.

Golden Time: This one a guy goes to college and falls in love with a girl that just wants to be friends and already has someone she likes...:'(

He doesn't give up though and we see if he can change her mind and if so, find out if they can be happy together.

Amazing(same author as Toradora,so if you like one, you'll like both)

Mostly feels romcom SoL anime xD but those are my recommendations.

Around the Network

Thanks, most of your recommended animes are ones that I have not watched yet so I'll try those out sometime

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Oh yeah my AOTS would be a tie between Dagashi Kashi and Konosuba, I find both to be hilarious xD

I agree with you about Dimension W, it looked cool, but ultimately has been quite dissapointing.

Musaigen No Phantom World is entertaining and I like the cast of girls. 

Erased, heard about the cliffhangers so I decided not to start it until it was complete.

Shadow8 said:

Oh yeah my AOTS would be a tie between Dagashi Kashi and Konosuba, I find both to be hilarious xD

I agree with you about Dimension W, it looked cool, but ultimately has been quite dissapointing.

Erased, heard about the cliffhangers so I decided not to start it until it was complete.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!! You must feel our pain!!!!! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Shadow8 said:

Hahaha...I'm not a masochist though :( 

So yeah I'll wait, it's too late for you guys though...

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Shadow8 said:

So yeah I'll wait,it's too late for you guys though...

Shadow8 said:
Jranation said:

So yeah I'll wait, it's too late for you guys though...

Haha yep! After episide 1, theres no turning back. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Miyuki Sawashiro makes me happy.

I haven't been watching much of other anime of this season for bit. Trying to let the episodes build so I can just watch 'em. I hating til the next weekly episode. I've been watching ace of diamond.

ERASED is so unbelievably good.  

And Satoru's mom is bloody awesome.  I'd take her over any teenaged "waifu" any day of the week.  She's smart, kind, and brave.

The breakfast scene, especially, had my eyes beginning to mist up.  That's just so sad, that Kayo would react that way over something so simple, yet it's also extremely profound and revealing.  A little scene like that is far more meaningful than words.

Also, talk about picking a bad hideout.  That could have been very, very bad.  Everything could have ended right there and just by unlucky coincidence.  If Kayo had been noticed, she would have died.

I really like the ED song, too, and almost always listen to it.