By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Versus_Evil said:

What was a show you watched (and enjoyed) that completely fell apart in the last couple of episodes (Any season in a multi season show counts)

Oreimo. I think I just held on the the false hope that he would stay with Kuroneko. But whatever, given the name of the show I shouldve known it was coming. Either way, its the only anime i've ever dropped with tangible disgust and dissapointment.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network

I'd like to say nisekoi since it fell apart once the obvious and cliched plot devices took place.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Arminillo said:

Oreimo. I think I just held on the the false hope that he would stay with Kuroneko. But whatever, given the name of the show I shouldve known it was coming. Either way, its the only anime i've ever dropped with tangible disgust and dissapointment.

God, that was horrible.  I dropped it after Kuroneko's part was over.  In my eyes, that was the end and I didn't give a flying cat about the rest.  The main character picking literally the worst option made me lose interest completely.

pokoko said:
Arminillo said:

God, that was horrible.  I dropped it after Kuroneko's part was over.  In my eyes, that was the end and I didn't give a flying cat about the rest.  The main character picking literally the worst option made me lose interest completely.

Nisekoi? are you talking about nisekoi? It sounds just lke nisekoi. (and tons of other harems)

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
pokoko said:

Nisekoi? are you talking about nisekoi? It sounds just lke nisekoi. (and tons of other harems)

Oreimo.  I knew how Nisekoi was going to turn out and got out early to save myself the trouble.  Though, unlike Oreimo, I didn't actively loathe the eventual winner.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Oreimo.  I knew how Nisekoi was going to turn out and got out early to save myself the trouble.  Though, unlike Oreimo, I didn't actively loathe the eventual winner.

It's something! :D

I haven't watched Oreimo, but it's on my Someday pile. I remember thinking the main girl's design was kinda cute...though the incest thing was a little off-putting for sure. Just gonna chalk that up to cultural differences and not think too much into it I guess.

-------------------------

@Bad ending question: In recent memory, I'd probably go with Charlotte like Shadow said. Not because it was bad necessarily, but that ending was way too freaking busy. It just felt like an anti-climax, I honestly didn't need to see any of that angst story to get the same resolution.

Kill la Kill and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann also come to mind. Both were very well above average overall...but killing off characters just for story closure annoys me. Yeah yeah they had plot reason to go, but with how much the stories relied on ridiculous pseudo-science, it's hard for me to just randomly accept that a character has to go cuz reasons.

Cliche endings don't bother me...which should go without saying given my Nisekoi craze, though over-reliance can be annoying. I think what annoys me more though...is when an author strays away from their original intention. Middle ground is best of course...but I'll always take the former option over the latter. I'm sure it's something I'm in the minority on...it just bothers me when the ending of a story doesn't align with the beginning.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Kirby vs Touhou

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Hmm, I'm not an avid anime watcher, but I do watch anime from time to time in bursts..

It's been about a month since I finished the last one so would like some recommendations.. SoL is what I'm still interested in now, though going to other genres is okay too (no horror though)

As a reference, some relatively recent (as in 1-3 months :p ) animes that I watched

Recently watched > Less recently:
Hyouka (Okay)
[Interesting concept, but slow and mysteries are pointless]

Hanasaku Iroha (Very good)
[Enjoyed watching this one!]

Shirobako (Decent)
[Very Slow, interesting enough to finish]

Tari Tari (Top Favourite)
[Not a fan of music animes, but this one was really good]

Natsuiro Kiseki (Good)
[Interesting concept, slow at times but is enjoyable]

True Tears (Pretty Good)
[OTP :p]

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Non Non Biyori.  Laid back and heart-warming, yet also very funny.  It's really well written and directed.  You can watch the first series or "Repeat" series first, it really doesn't matter.

Hibike! Euphonium.  

Chihayafuru.  One of the best anime of the last several years.

I couldn't stomach Chihayafuru from the premise alone, but I think the closest I ever had strayed into board games anime is Saki (or if you count it, Yu-Gi-Oh! and even then I only followed the original+GX and then dropped it since it started sucking already into GX)...